Dynadot

new gtlds 5 assumptions about new gTLDs that are costing you money

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
We know that .COM is a steady and mature market, and may still be a big part of your portfolio. But as the .COM namespace continues to dilute itself with lower-quality domains and new gTLD awareness grows, your ability to make money with an exclusively .COM portfolio is shrinking.
There are some misconceptions out there about new gTLDs and separating the facts from the myths is one way to gain an advantage on your competition.
End users are adopting and using new domains as primary website addresses, redirects, Branded Short Links, and more. These are the foundations of a much more robust aftermarket for new gTLDs...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
See which use I found for my ".com" domain name today: jovenet.com.

•••
•••
I have to agree with that.. www.jovenet.consulting looks terrible.. At least it matches the site, which looks even worse. You could spend at least 50$ on some design (I would spend a heck of a lot more, but 50$ is better than DIY) if you want to sell consulting services online, you need a better looking presence.

•••
Did Rightside type up that article?
Sheesh, I need a shower.

•••
Did Rightside type up that article?
Sheesh, I need a shower.

I would say its 100% certain that this is marketing material sent out by Rightside for Name (and other registrars) to sell some more of their stuff.

Nothing wrong with that. I would say however that subsequently posting it as "news" is a bit misleading.

But I guess the domain space is so scarce for news that we have to consider marketing material as such.

Last edited:
•••
We know that .COM is a steady and mature market, and may still be a big part of your portfolio. But as the .COM namespace continues to dilute itself with lower-quality domains

Surely that just indicates that the .com marketplace is the place to be, and that it is becoming more popular.

•••
Surely that just indicates that the .com marketplace is the place to be, and that it is becoming more popular.

Come now Kuffy. Would you argue with the TV sales man when he tells you that this knife will cut metal and stay sharp?.. Its just an advert and I dont think you will convince them by way of logic ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back