Domain Empire

$400,000 for a Domain on NamePros?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sanwal

Sanwal MemonTop Member
Impact
Posting this because it just gets really annoying that people don't understand that this is a forum for domainers rather than end users (Or ghosts) as this offer portrays.

We've got to be honest with ourselves, if we post a domain here on Namepros, we will expect to get "deals" and reseller prices rather than this.

Sorry for the rant, just wanted to get it out.

And yes, i understand he says "it would be nice." but come on.

Screen Shot 2017-05-23 at 03.25.10.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There's no official rule as far as I know, it's just not professional or courteous.

•••
Agree with all of you here, this post doesn't help anyone, specially when i was the person who initiated it. It would have been great to get it removed but unfortunately it seems they can't.

Normally i am never this unprofessional but i guess i just made this mistake and extremely regret it.

•••
Agree with all of you here, this post doesn't help anyone, specially when i was the person who initiated it. It would have been great to get it removed but unfortunately it seems they can't.

Normally i am never this unprofessional but i guess i just made this mistake and extremely regret it.
Everyone understand you did not do it intentionally to hurt anyone. It happens sometimes. :xf.smile: I had instances of $5 offer for domain earning from parking @50 per month . But everyone has the right to express their views and I have the right to just ignore or laugh it off.
Lets forget and move on. Nothing to feel so guilty.
Oh yes, have the guilt of not sharing the beer with np members :xf.smile:

Edit: oops here is a member with username 50 here. Sorry @50 I did not want to knock you in this thread. I swear, the beer was not too much tonight.

Last edited:
•••
He owns this domain .. he can sell it for whatever price he want .. no body has the right to judge him .. lets guys respect others privacy ..

•••
ok all is said

except
everybody of course has the right judge too

and obviously
a "private talk" is not existing when you use the internet as medium for talking
not at all
never

that at least is what we can learn (again)

•••
I had a seller ask $8,000 for a .one extension domain name! That is rather bad. I assume the domain you asked about was online dot tv. However, he is insane if he want's $400,000 for it on namepros.

•••
BTʬʬʬ There are / is (a) MUCH HIGHER domain price/s on nP, everyone can make every price/s for 'his / her property', no one has to buy / pay it.

But if you like to buyyy it, you have to payyy it.

Last edited:
•••
Do you know how much he - the owner bought the domain? So therefore, he has every right to ask for what could be ok for him? If the price is too high for you, then you can forget about it. as simple as that.
One man poison is another man's vitamin.
You do not even have any single right to publish the PM price here. You may think he can not get that amount, after all if you happen to buy it, you have a plan to sell it at a higher price. Is that not so?

Last edited:
•••
I had a seller ask $8,000 for a .one extension domain name! That is rather bad. I assume the domain you asked about was online dot tv. However, he is insane if he want's $400,000 for it on namepros.
Just imagine that statement !!! insane for his property? Do you know how much he acquired it?

•••
I have a few opinions about this topic...

1. I agree with Namepros to leave the topic open because it's a learning experience not only for the folks involved but also the members reading it.

2. Private discussions should stay private, regardless of calling them private messages or personal messages.

3. That said... always assume anything you say or do can and will go public. Behave as if you knew your comment could go public and you won't get into trouble.

•••
I've sold a .tv for 125K, brokered sale for XXX.XXX and I really don't think Online.tv is "insane" for 400K.

•••
Online dot TV is a friggen phenomenal dot TV domain name.

YOU
approached him. He didn't cold call you. He can ask 1 million for it if he wants.

Some people want to pump out the numbers and give domainer to domainer prices on their own domains. Others hold and wait for the right inquiries to match their pricing. Whatever your method of holding/seling, it doesn't matter.

NamePros is not here to be cheap domainer to domainer aftermarket. It can be, but it is so much more if you use it the right way.

Give the guy some respect and don't be a dick, especially when you are the one reaching out to him in a message that most here would believe is suppose to be private.

Not cool.

•••
Four words....

Who - Gives - A - $hit

If anything this thread gives the seller some free advertising.

•••
Why don't you list your own domains for cheap so we can all make cheaper offers.

•••
sigh
I wish you would have read above i was wrong in doing this and will again apologize.

•••
I know..I'm just egging it on so u get some pie in your face and not forget this ;)

sigh
I wish you would have read above i was wrong in doing this and will again apologize.

•••
Posting this because it just gets really annoying that people don't understand that this is a forum for domainers rather than end users (Or ghosts) as this offer portrays.
As FPForum said, "you can never get it if you never ask." There are brokers on NamePros with clients who spend millions on domains. I've been friends with two of those brokers for years and they have found domains for their clients on here before. Snooze, you lose.

My post from a few minutes ago in another thread:
I read about a $200,000 domain sale that occurred on NamePros:
Thomas said:
March 15, 2017 at 2:47 am
I purchased a domain for $200k on Namepros last year. I saw offers as high as $400k last year when I was looking to divest.

Anywise, the highest domain sales on NamePros that I've observed with my own four eyes ( :glasses: ) were in the $40,000 to $80,000 range but the buyers and sellers subsequently edited the threads to keep the sales private-esque.

•••
•••
sigh

I'm with you there, most people read a few posts and lay into you again.

@king112233 You made a mistake, you apologized, I think it is time that your apology got accepted.

Unless of course there is anyone here who has never made a mistake in their life. Being part community is understanding that posters will make mistakes and it is our job to gently coax them in the right direction. I think the OP has clearly stated he sees the error of his ways and has even asked a mod to delete the topic. I don't think there is anymore he can do and we don't need to keep jumping down his throat with every new post.

Lets just be big about it, accept his apology and move on. The topic can be a lesson to anyone else thinking about posting the contents of a private message.

Last edited:
•••
400k it might have been a typo but to me it looks more like the guy was joking.

•••
I'm with you there, most people read a few posts and lay into you again.

@king112233 You made a mistake, you apologized, I think it is time that your apology got accepted.

Unless of course there is anyone here who has never made a mistake in their life. Being part community is understanding that posters will make mistakes and it is our job to gently coax them in the right direction. I think the OP has clearly stated he sees the error of his ways and has even asked a mod to delete the topic. I don't think there is anymore he can do and we don't need to keep jumping down his throat with every new post.

Lets just be big about it, accept his apology and move on. The topic can be a lesson to anyone else thinking about posting the contents of a private message.

Thanks a lot!

Definitely is a great lesson for me, 99% of people here are professionals so i doubt anyone would be doing anything stupid like this. I wish you all domainers/entrepreneurs the best and i can assure you it will never happen again.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back