Dynadot

4 letter phonic .net

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Yesterday night I was looking into 4 letter .com/.net domains that I could pronounce. And woof ! it was impossible to find a decent 4 letter .com that I could pronounce. So, I wrote a script to generate such names. And as expected, it ran for a couple of hours and gave me one .com that I could pronounce - zufy.com ( Do gimme reputation if you grab it. Looks like someone's last name )

Then I ran script for .net names. And results were almost the same as .com. But there were many names available. I grabbed myself finy.net ( Free in NY ) and fupe.net ( Sounded cool ).

I want to know your opinion about such brandable .net names. Do you see any value in such names ? Is there a bright future or just a pile of crap that will never see the light..

Thanks,
Pratik

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I think anything that's short,snappy,and pronouncable has got a future, .com or .net.

btw, it's worth checking out the 'dutch' auctions at pool.com. I managed to pick up finq.com (pronounced "fink") for $11!

•••
•••
I did the same as you, but about 3 yaers ago, and registered every .com and some .net names that had a nice look and feel.
Additionally I purchased a bunch over the secondary market.
Those times I strongly beleived that I should add those domains to my war chest (Was just a feeling comming out of the stomach).

Time gave me the confirmation that I was right ;)

•••
That's awesome. No .com available. Even Zufy.com is taken after I posted this thread ( Hate it when people dont even care to thank ). But I guess, there are still some .net left, which I wish I could reg. if I had the money.

-Pratik

•••
If you are willing to put the time and effort into branding a domain like this then they're probably a relatively good investment. Don't just go grabbing them for the heck of it though.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back