Dynadot

360° Domain Names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

vrperception

vrperception.comTop Member
Impact
with 360° Videos emerging everywhere maybe a thread dedicated to 360° domains could be great ? ( but no VR)

Share yours :)

videos360pro.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
360Videoplayer
Videoplayer360

.coms

•••
No domainer will get this one unless willing to pay xx,xxx sum.

Great domain, great domainer :)

Bro I would appreciate if you can comment on an offer for sale made for your domain only. This is much appreciated and no hard feelings.

•••
Bro I would appreciate if you can comment on an offer for sale made for your domain only. This is much appreciated and no hard feelings.

you don't know my relationship with this domain ...

believe me that if i say that i say it with confident .

No hard feelings.

•••
The debate about whether 360 video is VR - and why it doesn't matter

There have been a lot of headlines and controversies over whether 360 video should be considered virtual reality.

Alan Yates, a senior Hardware Engineer from Valve sparked off the whole debate with his Tweet: "Spherical photos and video are not VR! They are one form of content you can experience in a HMD, but they basically suck.”

Although Alan went on to mention that there were exciting aspects to 360 video in the future this provocative tweet has sparked an industry debate.

At the core of the argument lies the definition of VR, here taken from Oxford Dictionaries: “The computer-generated simulation of a three-dimensional image or environment that can be interacted with in a seemingly real or physical way by a person using special electronic equipment, such as a helmet with a screen inside or gloves fitted with sensors”.

Virtual reality is traditionally defined as an experience which uses real-time computer graphics to enable interaction, but 360 video is just video, therefore not really VR because you can't really have any effect over what you are seeing.

You can’t pick up a coffee mug or interact with or alter the environment.

It’s primarily the fact that 360 video is passive that gets Alan Yates and 101 other people to bash it as virtual reality. Their argument is the same as saying that watching video on an ipad is invalid because an iPad is inherently interactive.

Their arguments generally stem from the idea that games and interaction are a more natural fit into a VR experience, and something passive like video doesn’t count. I can understand their point, if you’re looking to be technically correct to a definition.

But why does this matter?
Their argument for why it matters is that people are being deceived by thinking that VR is only 360 video.

Yes, 360 video is passive, but putting it in a VR headset can be an incredible experience, and crucially it can be one that gives people a sense of presence - of feeling transported and immersed in another place or moment.

It’s an incredible way to experience media, be immersed in a story or travel - I don’t care if it’s defined as VR, I’m watching it in a VR headset and it’s incredible. That’s what matters.

There is huge value for our clients in watching 360 videos in a VR headset, in the same way that we can watch Netflix, a film on TV or turn on a PlayStation and play a game. Both mediums are still valid and passive because consumers and the end user are not defining what is or is not VR. It’s in the headset, it’s incredible and memorable. That’s what matters surely?

People like being taken on journeys, and don’t have to interact just because they are in a headset. All this should come with a warning and perhaps this is why 360 video came in for a bashing like it did: it’s easy to make bad 360 videos.

360 is a portal to VR
The 360 video industry is often seen as the gateway to VR. This is where a lot of the interactive VR backers are really spitting teeth, as there is a lot of bad 360 video content out there.

Sadly, with the proliferation and entry to the market of consumer 360 video cameras, this is only going to increase.

For a lot of people this is the first thing they see and it will inevitably mean that they are put off VR (even if just temporarily).

Professional 360 video producers, like us, have learnt over the last couple of years that there are very strict rules to abide by to get comfortable content in headsets - we have to be responsible.

Sadly that will not happen with user generated content, so I hope we’ll see clear comfort ratings, generated by users that will lead to content being hidden/side-lined if it scores low.

Oculus is already doing this on their stores but I would also like to see it on YouTube, Facebook and Littlstar etc. It’s either a bad 360 video that makes you throw up, or you're running it on an old phone, it’s not par for the course.

The evolution of 360
360 video is going to evolve until it is inherently more interactive and the line will blur more with passive and interactive VR. 360 video will probably evolve as being non interactive, because it’s the best way to deliver an immersive story experience in VR. Interactivity is the enemy of good storytelling.

Firstly, we’ll see more 3D 360 content, allowing you to see more depth to the image, which is already possible but it’s a very difficult and time consuming technique.

Then we’ll see light field cameras like the Lytro that capture content from an area rather than a single point - meaning users will be able to move their head or strafe within a video.

These technologies will allow for a greater sense of presence in a story than is currently possible...putting to bed the comments from interactive VR designers that 360 video sucks.

Phone tech will develop too, in line with other technologies like augmented reality, meaning we will have ‘inside out’ trackers that allow the user to move their head within the visual area captured.

Ultimately, 360 video is the way that we are going to bring unforgettable and must have experiences to the VR ‘metaverse’, with ideas like being on the front seat of a fashion show, or the side-lines of a basketball match or on stage with your favourite band to deliver immersive stories.

It’s these types of experiences that have mass appeal and are based in the real world and crucially, 360 video will deliver immersive stories in VR.

These are going to drive VR forward, increase headset sales and massively expedite the uptake in VR in general. As such, complaining about whether or not it is technically VR is not only a pointless argument but also potentially damaging to the growth of the VR industry.

http://www.virtualreality-news.net/...hether-360-video-vr-and-why-it-doesnt-matter/

•••
•••
360Cinematic.com

360Edits.com

•••
•••
movil360 (com ) (mobile in Spanish )

local360.top

directo360 (com ) (direct )

revista360 (com )(magazine )

moi360 (com ) ( French, -me , i 360 )

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
hi

what do u think about "247" domains?

•••
Domain name Wire reported:
Influence360.com $8,000 – Connie Dieken’s tagline is “Transforming leaders into influencers.”

•••
hi

what do u think about "247" domains?
Cannot be compared in this instance, 360 refers to vision, 247 refers to accessibility
~
Namebio shows 190 sales with 247 + 423 sales for domains with 360

•••
THE EXORCIST 360 EXPERIENCE

Demons reside in these very walls... We dare you to watch all the way through

•••
360Spatial .com - Spatial .Audio

Introducing Spatial Audio for 360 Videos on Facebook

It’s been just over a year since we first launched 360 video on Facebook, and in that time we’ve seen publishers provide hundreds of thousands of experiences that have captivated audiences—whether they’re jumping out of a plane, mourning a natural disaster in a place they’ve never visited, or exploring the bustle of Times Square. 360 videos place viewers right in the story, which is why we’re excited to announce a new feature that will immerse them even further. Starting today, Audio 360 is available for 360 videos on News Feed on iOS, Android, Chrome on Desktop (rolling out soon), and Samsung Gear VR, powered by Oculus, giving viewers the ability to experience spatial surround sound as if they were really standing in the middle of the video.

WHAT IS AUDIO 360 AND SPATIAL AUDIO?

Audio 360 is a suite of tools including the Spatial Workstation which enable creators to publish 360 videos with spatial audio on News Feed.

Think of spatial audio as 3D sound for 360 videos. It’s an immersive sphere of audio meant to replicate how humans hear sound in real life, but delivered over headphones. As audiences move around in a 360 video, the sound moves around with them, helping to place them in the context of the scene.

Read more: https://media.fb.com/2016/10/07/introducing-spatial-audio-for-360-videos-on-facebook/

•••
•••
•••
360Videos.com is in the Godaddy auctions (not mine) and ends in about 7 hours from now. Very interesting to see where it ends!

•••
360Videos.com is in the Godaddy auctions (not mine) and ends in about 7 hours from now. Very interesting to see where it ends!

Expiring?

•••
•••
360-Lens(es) - InteractiveLenses .coms

This 'Underworld' Snapchat Ad Is a 360-Degree Vampire Lens

The movie "Underworld: Blood Wars" has created a "3-D interactive lens" on Snapchat, which is being called a first for a brand.

The studio behind the movie, Sony's Screen Gems, created the 360-degree animated filter for the app. Snapchat pioneered lenses, relying on technology known as augmented reality, which inserts animations into selfies and videos.

Snapchat started this craze but rivals like Facebook are quickly adapting, introducing augmented reality into their video offerings as well.

Snapchat has sold lenses as part of ad campaigns before like one for Gatorade during last year's Super Bowl. The latest for "Underworld" is the first to incorporate a 360-degree view, transforming people's videos into a 3-D-like landscape straight out of the movie.

Read more: http://adage.com/article/digital/underworld-snapchat-ad-a-360-degree-vampire-lens/306951/

•••
•••
•••
in .com

360mdb

360VideosPro

Lapse360

LapseView360

360livestreamed

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back