Domain Empire

3 letter .orgs

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I notice 3 letter .orgs seem to be doing quite well on Snapnames, etc. Do you see a difference in the current appreciation rates for the .org vs the .net?

Also, what do you think the minimum wholeseller price is for a 3 letter .org? I think the value of $150 per 3character.com may be a little low. Maybe $200?

Thanks!
:)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
3character's $150 is was low. I have been keeping an eye on them and I haven't seen any selling for under $240 lately.

•••
Hello All,

It is certainly fair enough to argue that $150 is too low (some have told me its too high too)...

The question to frame this might be, "What would the highest paying reseller pay for any and all of the worst 3 letter.org (say xqz.org or qxz.org for example) right now?" The reseller marketplace appears to have answered that question with a value of $150 as of the end of last month.

This said, the LLL.org marketplace has been growing at a strong percentage. .Org does have some limitations to its end-user appeal (in that it is often geared toward smaller non-profit groups), but LLL.orgs have seen a rise of over 100% price growth in just the last year.

Great thread and I enjoy reading the responses in all directions.

Thank you,
:) zesty

•••
$150 is COMPLETELY FAIR ;)
In fact, I'll buy all the 3 letter .org's you have for the COMPLETELY FAIR price of $150 :)
B-)

Bottom line: The interest is up, and the "wanted domains" section here can attest to the desire of folks to get in before any bubble ;)

-Allan :gl:

•••
I have a similar, related question (admin, move if necessary). What is a fair price for a 4 LLLL .com, 4NLLL.com or 4NNNN.com, basically, any 4character .coms?
Are these really worth anything? I have seen several on auction for a pittance, and was wondering if they were worth buying and holding on to, for resale eventually?

•••
LLL.org go for minimum $250 or so (on Snap anyway). LLL.net min $400.

•••
chimaera said:
LLL.org go for minimum $250 or so (on Snap anyway). LLL.net min $400.
Show me a LLL.net that went for around $400 on snsap in the last month! :o

•••
Thanks for the input fellas.

It'll be interesting to see how the values fair in the next 6 months or so. It would be great if we had a graph of average LLL value (for the big 3 tlds) dating back to 2000. Zesty - can you get on that? ;)

•••
mattchapman said:
Thanks for the input fellas.

It'll be interesting to see how the values fair in the next 6 months or so. It would be great if we had a graph of average LLL value (for the big 3 tlds) dating back to 2000. Zesty - can you get on that? ;)
What shocked me was when I bought a LLL.org off someone a couple of weeks back for a few hundred, I did a search on google for the domain name and some forum posts came up from 2004 with the previous owner trying to sell it for $45 and not being able to even get a bite. :o

•••
Maybe in a couple of years people will be laughing at not being able to sell LLL.org for $250 in 2006! Hopefully they'll be worth $1000 by then... :)

•••
i wanted to buy a LLL.org in sedo.. but counter offer is always 1000++ maybe i shud email him personally

•••
Hello again,

Matt...neat suggestion. I went ahead and charted the Minimum Wholesale Prices (MWP...see the 3Character.com price guide for an explination of this term/acronym) from July 2001 to January 2006 (next data point will be July 2006) for 3-Letter domains in .com, .net, .org, .info, .biz and .us.

Here's the chart:
www.3character.com/3-letter-domain-name-sales-history.html

I hope this is helpful and thanks for the suggestion!

•••
Zesty - Awesome! The last 12 months have really rocketed. It looks like the .net and .org are following the same pattern as .com (albeit less pronounced).

•••
Devil_Dog said:
Show me a LLL.net that went for around $400 on snsap in the last month! :o
lxz.net - $404, Feb 7th

A couple of months ago, but still =0p

(granted most go for $500-$550 min).

•••
•••
zestydomains*com said:
Hello again,

Matt...neat suggestion. I went ahead and charted the Minimum Wholesale Prices (MWP...see the 3Character.com price guide for an explination of this term/acronym) from July 2001 to January 2006 (next data point will be July 2006) for 3-Letter domains in .com, .net, .org, .info, .biz and .us.

Here's the chart:
www.3character.com/3-letter-domain-name-sales-history.html

I hope this is helpful and thanks for the suggestion!

i remember you can buy in 2004
com's $250-$500
net's $85-$100
org's $35-$50

sigh!!!

•••
PHD.org

Sold for $25000 - also reported in dnjournal - http://www.dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm

Enough said about quality letter combos :)

I think the future is very bright for 3 letter orgs and anticipate current values appreciating 5 x by 2008/9

•••
It depends on the actual letters. Bad letters will start in the $XXX range with good words like "sex" being as worth as much as $XXX,XXX IMO.

•••
.ORG's are some of my personal favorites. I believe .org is the underdog of the top 3. Keep your eye on this extension.

•••
I like .orgs too , mainly because many popular sites have .org extention without having a .com.....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back