Dynadot

3 Letter .name Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

hanz

onArcade.comVIP Member
Impact
:hi:
Well, what do you think about 3 Letter .name's. Are they worth anything?

Thanks,
hanz

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
theres a lot not taken as of now. Godaddy & other major domain sites are selling .name & are promoting them. Probably in a few years or so all the 3 letters will be taken. I'm going to invest when not many are left to buy. If you find a good one line a name or a noun, then go ahead & reg it =]

•••
I'm not a fan of .name, but maybe my opinion doesn't matter

•••
dpk87 said:
I'm not a fan of .name, but maybe my opinion doesn't matter

Opinions are fine. Everyone has their own taste of what extensions they prefer. Mostly .com tho =] .name will grow just like .in =]

•••
maybe they could do something like they did with .info with .name
there are no more 3 letter .info's, but there are a lot of 3 letter .name's :bingo:

•••
hanz said:
maybe they could do something like they did with .info with .name
there are no more 3 letter .info's, but there are a lot of 3 letter .name's :bingo:

hmm make them free again? lol ...i wish

•••
jamminsport16 said:
hmm make them free again? lol ...i wish
yes, that would be fun

•••
yup it would be. i'd say .name is better .in but almost equal to .ws =]

•••
with time progressing the .name market may pick up a little bit. i wouldn't expect too much though. as other extensions are established the field of options is kept open, so the .name's may not reach your expectations.

•••
.name is very speculative, IMHO. When the tld became avail, (originally, only 3TLD, ie exmpl.exmpl.name were avail), several NPers, including Armstrong and myself, were hot for particular "name" related keywords, ie geneology, autographs, baby names, domain name related etc. I think Armstrong has some active .name sites, but many of us, including myself, have been slow in getting sites up for .name and I'm certain this has impacted the present market, which isn't much, although a few that I have at Sedo receive a very modest, (but encouraging), 2-3 visits per day as mere parked pgs. Warning: Some people hate the ext.
Here are a couple of NP thread links that may be of interest:
http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?t=58009&highlight=.name
http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?t=44949&highlight=.name

•••
I dove in just now on a 3 letter .name ,
tre.name
Have inlaws and family with the name, and its 3 letters ;)
-Allan

•••
IAmAllanShore said:
I dove in just now on a 3 letter .name ,
tre.name
Have inlaws and family with the name, and its 3 letters ;)
-Allan

nice =]
ill giv in when more ppl buy 3 letter .name =]

•••
not like the extention at the moment. Don't think it has potential

•••
I don't like .name for commercial use and think that's limited. However, there should be some value in 3 letter names for initials that actually fit the TLD and give short email addresses. Just remember that for personal sites people are going to may more like $xx than $xxx.

•••
Oh. I forgot, I do have one 3LL.name domain: IDs.name
From my batch, I'd like to think that this one could work commercially, along w/ a couple of others: Tags.name, Safeguard.name, Autographs.name, and possibly NewBaby.name, (my first .name reg). Stats.name has had some modest traffic.
However, they don't have much resale value, and would need some good dev to create something useful that would draw visitors in. I have ideas, have collected materials, and have made a few false starts at getting a site up. Until a site goes up and is around for awhile, it's all speculation for me. :blink: :p %%-

•••
I actually have one that I came across for a cheap price. I don't really forsee much in the way of reseller value. The domain(s) could potentially be worth more to endusers, but even then I don't see much in the way of large sums.

•••
The domain(s) could potentially be worth more to endusers, but even then I don't see much in the way of large sums.
I agree. My perspective is that there is only value through development and use. The one redeeming feature is that there is some good keyword value that might be able to be capitalized upon, particularly if it thematically works w/ "name", IMHO. At least, that is the approach I have taken. Whether it will actually work out that way, I don't know. :)

•••
Man ... I thought i was rich - lol

cpm.name
duh.name
idx.name
imho.name
pud.name
pug.name
rip.name
ugh.name
wok.name
zit.name
bah.name

All freebies though - lol

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back