IT.COM

3 letter domain that means something 3 languages.

NameSilo
Watch

Znameguy

Impact
I've been apart of the tech world for since the late 80's. Mainly in the event production side of things. I go back to the days of doing shows for Sun Micro systems and the days of the big Comdex shows in Las Vegas.

I started a business and did very well at it and a web page that went it. Over time I noticed how much traffic it would get from outside of the US. Fast forward started another business and just let the first domain sit for over 15 years. Even back then I was offered a decent sum for it. But having the business identity was worth more to me. After lurking in these pages for while guess it is time to do something with. All the names of the companies or entities where started years after I registered my domain in the late 90's. We have a number of domains we registered simply for business ventures and they where cheap but never thinking of reselling them.

Just wondering about finding out it's true value. By way it is name of a German firm, South Asian Airline, and well something bad in Hebrew. I had thought about contacting an intellectual property attorney (I know a few), to make contact with the companies to gauge their interest. Just kind of brainstorming in a open forum, for where to go from here.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Three letter domains are good. .com is the best.

I suggest you have a look at Namebio.com. It's a free site where you can see past sales of similar domains.

I would start there. Otherwise, without actually knowing the name, it would be hard to tell. Big difference between random letters and actual 3 letter word with meaning.

Best of luck! Feel free to message me if you need more info.

•••
•••
All of them are .com names. One is ZAV.COM

Last edited:
•••
letters only? no numbers or hyphens?

•••
All letters no spaces, numbers or hyphens.

•••
Okay, so what you have is quite valuable. Certainly each letter is important, but here is a list of recent sales of three letter domains in .com.

ajf.com 19,299 USD 2017-01-12 NameJet
euc.com 20,400 USD 2017-01-11 NameJet
opy.com 17,001 USD 2017-01-10 NameJet
igj.com 17,000 USD 2017-01-10 NameJet
rfg.com 50,000 USD 2017-01-01 Pvt Sale
kma.com 27,000 USD 2017-01-01 BQDN.com
pzv.com 15,100 USD 2016-12-21 NameJet
tcp.com 133,000 USD 2016-12-19 Sedo
eic.com 30,000 USD 2016-12-18 Flippa
vxa.com 15,100 USD 2016-12-17 NameJet

I haven't done any specific research in terms of end users that might want your specific domains, but I do know that the letter V is not a good letter for chinese investors. That's why when you look at the sales, you see the ones with V are lower. Still, 15k+ is not a bad day! :)

•••
LLL.com are usually considered "generic", in the sense that you cannot really trademark a 3-letter combination for broad use and therefore there is no tm conflict to sell such a domain.

When selling LLL.com, it is important not to hurry. The bottom reseller price is around $15,000 nowadays, but if you take it slowly, an offer of $50,000+ within 2-year waiting time is not unusual. Having popular letters (e.g. "not v") is important for resellers, but not for the end-users who by definition want these very letters.

•••
seems estibot valuation of your domain is $57,000. the truth is, no appraisal site can actually tell you the worth of your domain. you know how much u have put into it,the time you hold it and your expectations. I think its going sell well cos its quite easy to pronounce

•••
•••
Three Letter .com' are the hype now.
Great value, dont hurry, you will get low-mid $xx,xxx offers

Good luck !

•••
tcp is interesting. It's a disinfectant in the UK, but of course it stands for transmission control protocol. I would have thought that would give it some value to an internet company.

Maybe you could combine the two, and use it for a site to disinfect your network connection. :)

•••
you can check namebio, namejet or dn journal for the required 3 letter domain names.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back