IT.COM

3 Letter .com for $500 at GoDaddy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

gmd

Established Member
Impact
Just surfing Godaddy Auction this afternoon, 3-4 am U.S time, while browsing it, there is a one name that I am surprised with, PTC.Com BIN $500 Assured! I have doubled, tripled check it and it was really ptc.com. I have bought it though I know that this is a unsual for a 3 letter .com, which has an approx. 105 abbreviations and $130,000 usd appraisal. I couldn't believed it, but I know that someone from Godaddy or the owner itself will contact me if there was a mistake . I usually buy names with godaddy with the one that says "assured". It was my lucky day I guess, but as long as the domain is not transferred to me, there still no assurance, specially with this 3 Letter premium name for $500.

Later tonight, around 9.am U.S time, I got an email from paypal, indicating a refund has requested and made. I knew this will happen, but for my curiosity, I phone godaddy support myself. The support asks for some verification,, and when I say the issue, I feel he was confused, silence surrounded us, and I ask him what happen because I never and will never request a refund for such Gem. Godaddy told me that the other party, which they never have the domain in possession canceled the transaction, and they don't have any choices but to give the full refund. I did not get mad and upset, but it is a clear glitches on the auction platform and it may just lead into disappointment to others who is really new to domaining.

It is still a nice day, though Godaddy allowed me to have a premium 3 letter domain name for a couple of hours.

I have save the receipt, transaction, email everything, well for now I will keep it, and thinking to own PTC.COM for a while.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That's a real shame...but, not surprising. Since both you and the person who listed it had to agree to certain Terms and Conditions before him listing and you accepting a BIN at $500 - You could always look to get a lawyer involved. I'd do some more digging and see if this kind of thing has happened before and what the turnout was like..

•••
This is an established website. Getting a lawyer involved will be a waste of money. Just got to move on...

•••
Happens all the time..move on

You know the saying "if it looks too good to be true......

•••
Happens all the time on godaddy. Someone posted recently about how people do this just for an appraisal but many do this as a free advertising trick expecting someone who got the bargain only to be refunded, to then follow up and pay several fold the price it was sold for.

Many domainers wont fool for this; but a company with the desire to have the domain name would, perhaps. I am not sure if their game plan ever pays off though. I think godaddy just pays ball to encourage more desirable domains on their platform... you know being the DADDY and #1 registrar...

So its not a glitch. Happens daily, perhaps on thousands of domain listings. Just a way of getting "leads". If someone can pay the low amount it proves to them that they aren't complete timewasters and as a potential bargaining tool.

•••
Happens all the time on godaddy. Someone posted recently about how people do this just for an appraisal.

I don't think a $500 BIN on a LLL.com is getting an appraisal. I think you're confused.

•••
I don't think a $500 BIN on a LLL.com is getting an appraisal. I think you're confused.

I didn't say it was. I was solely stating how people use the godaddy platform without an intent of going through with any possible sale. I think I could have explained better! lol

•••
lol

come on keep it moving

anyone here will pay 10x for it this moment

•••
the owner may have added multiple listing at starting BIN of $500 and perhaps forgot to edit the high priced ones to higher figures. anyway, the suspense of acquisition of PTC.com must have been quite exciting.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back