NameSilo

.mobi 3 BIG mobi sales on DNjournal! insurance.mobi

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
3 Large mobi sales listed at DNjournal this week...

Insurance.mobi ... $42,005 #2 on the list!!!! beat only by 1 .com!

Pussy.mobi ... $24,158 #5 on the list!! also a great placing

Advertising.mobi ... $12,100 #16 on the list.

2 in the top 5...that what we've been waitin' for...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"....while an apparent cat fancier spent €16,944 ($24,158) for Pussy.mobi"

lol, I look forward to seeing an informative, mobile, cat website.

•••
According to .MOBI Whois™ : :blink:
Domain Name:P*SSY.MOBI
Registrant ID:MONIKER1110025
Registrant Name:Moniker Privacy Services
Registrant Organization:Moniker Privacy Services

Registrant Street1:20 SW 27th Ave.
Registrant Street2:Suite 201
Registrant City:Pompano Beach
Registrant State/Province:FL
Registrant Postal Code:33069
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.9549848445
Registrant FAX:+1.9549699155
Registrant Email:P*[email protected]

Many speculated that the Buyer may be an Usual Suspect™, as discussed here: :imho:
http://www.namepros.com/dot-mobi/370127-pussy-mobi-solfd-for-23k.html?highlight=Pussy.mobi

-Jeff B-)

•••
Jeff said:
According to .MOBI Whois™ : :blink:
Domain Name:P*SSY.MOBI

Many speculated that the Buyer may be an Usual Suspect™, as discussed here: :imho:
http://www.namepros.com/dot-mobi/370127-pussy-mobi-solfd-for-23k.html?highlight=Pussy.mobi

-Jeff B-)

Hey Jeff, I noticed you're back early so I'm temporarily breaking my NP addiction self-treatment to point out that using a privacy service in this case is most likely due to the 'cat-fancier' hypothesis above being unlikely.

Just a guess, of course.

•••
Mobi Cheap said:
Just a guess, of course.

Righto, perhaps ... the point of the Whois, however, is that with Privacy Protect we likely won't be able to ascertain the actual Buyer of the domain name (as we had speculated in the referenced thread above), IMHO. :rolleyes:
I'm willing to wager some NP$'s that it is a Usual Suspect, if you wish. :D

Goooo Sox!!!
-Jeff B-)

•••
Jeff said:
Righto, perhaps ... the point of the Whois, however, is that with Privacy Protect we likely won't be able to ascertain the actual Buyer of the domain name (as we had speculated in the referenced thread above), IMHO. :rolleyes:
I'm willing to wager some NP$'s that it is a Usual Suspect, if you wish. :D

Goooo Sox!!!
-Jeff B-)

Isn't wagering wrong? To be on the safe side, I'll just say no, thanks.

As for the domain in question, I'm not sure I understand your concern Jeff.

Is this a content quality issue?

•••
•••
Wow!

Makes me wonder what "typo's" of these domains might be worth now that these have sold for so much.

5% of the correct spelling? 10%? 15%? More? Less? Reg Fee??

i.e. InsuranSe.mobi, PussSy.mobi, Advrtising.mobi etc

What do you think?

•••
TestCase said:
Wow!

Makes me wonder what "typo's" of these domains might be worth now that these have sold for so much.

What do you think?
Until .mobi type-in traffic really gets going in the future, just reg fee or less for now...

•••
TestCase said:
Wow!

What do you think?
well I have wwwinsurance.mobi and wwwpussy.mobi. At only 1% of the correct spelling they are both worth several hundred. Who knows what I'd actually get if I tried to sell them, very speculative right now. Maybe a lot more later when and if major type in traffic comes and/or the sites are developed.

I'm definitely holding onto them based on the prices the real ones fetched.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the input Dagersh!

Yeah, with solid development and promotion (why else spend 42k on a domain?!?!), these and other one word mobi's might make their typos quite valuable in the future. But then again paying a little extra for them now might make for greater rewards later on... By the way, you've got some nice names there in your sig!

Garrett200, NIIIICE typo's you have there!! Hope they pay off for you as their non-www versions become developed. Are they generating any traffic or clicks so far?

Last edited:
•••
TestCase said:
Garrett200, NIIIICE typo's you have there!! Hope they pay off for you as their non-www versions become developed. Are they generating any traffic or clicks so far?
A little traffic, no clicks. But I'm sure it will grow over time. They are both hand reg's, so they cost me $12 each. For less than $50 I can renew them and keep them both for 2 more years. My bet is that they'll at least pay for themselves by then.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back