250.00 dollar header contest!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

LikeIsaid

Account Closed
Impact
After much debate we have decided to start a header contest for one of out projects!

The Website is FriendsForFitness.com. It is a fitness website dedicated to helping people find a workout partner.

Contest information

Contest will End July 14th at 5PM CST
First Place will win 250.00 dollars and the right to do more design work for my company!
Second place will get 100 dollars
and Third Place gets 50 Bucks

I would like the header to match the current site as I like the colors that we have! Use your imagination, and good luck. Also winners will be paid via paypal. Thanks and good luck!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Oh what I was looking forward to the next contest well done to the mods for getting on top of this straight away. Has noone actually had an echeck to their account?

Just for some extra info: As the webdesign thread got closed and I had finished my design I sent it by pm to the hoster asking for some feedback. I have not recieved a reply.

I hope people get paid and the next contest gets started, I know a lot of work/time could be wasted here.

•••
all4cost,

Nope no word ...

vip-ip,
Why are you laughing and smiling? Fist of all, it isnt funny that we got ripped (if we did) and secondly it isn''t something to smile about. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't like for this to happen to you. So, please stay away from those types of comments/replies.

paaaaaaaaaaaaa,
Nope, no eCheck recieved or anything ...

•••
$250 for just a header...I think the cash made us blind to the fact. Why would someone pay so much for just a header? Anyways, still keep hope guys, maybe he's still trying to get up the cash...or maybe not...just gotta wait lil more and see.

•••
i am beginning to think not...anyone with decent manners or a business person would provide a short update even if its not good news. also the domain the site was for is suspended.

:tri:

•••
•••
Oh shux, sorry to say dude but that's not a good sign...you're not gettin paid.
"Anything that's too good to be true probably isn't"

•••
I'm not really laughing :$ It's just stupid the way I wanted to offer a logo contest system and everyone just ignored it.... let me find a thread.... It's just that I hate those who do it, and they make me laugh because it's stupid getting so many people against you (if I was LikeISaid)

•••
two times i am watching like this........what is happening ..........lots of hard work from all of guys and in the end no winner no money just thief............i prefer to say namepros that if someone is going to creat contest there should step to varifying the contest holder..that he is capable to pay ammount.....................no more like this.....

Last edited:
•••
Agreed...Over at YaxYay I notice you have a start contest tread where contests has to be approved. Once approved it's moved to new forum then when it's over it's move to End Contest tread. I think that's really organized and helps to save us from problems like these.

•••
Maybe we should implement a system like on DesignContest.net. The contest holder must pay an admin the full contest amount before they can hold the contest. Then, once the winner has been decided, then the money is released to the winner. That way, it would be pointless for the contest holder to steal entries because they would have given the contest money to the admin anyway.

Just a thought ...

•••
will7,

Not a Bad Idea, but remember contest Holders also have the Right to not choose a Winner, in this case I'm guessing the Money will be given back to the Contest Holder from the Admin. Now, if they pay via PayPal what happens with all the PayPal Fees, etc. They will be taken off from the Prize Money as they Send Money from Contest Holder to Admin to Winner. Overall I like your idea, but there may be some flaws involved.

Regards,
Danny

•••
you guys needed to do one thing.. i saw most of you guys post here your design without watermark.. i must say fully size watermark.. so he cant use.. when he pay than only you should give him final design without watermark

•••
Yes i agree with dotcommakers....
I always put watermark in my samples and i think all must do this... this is the way to make sure that your designs are safe...

•••
OurPortfolio said:
will7,

Not a Bad Idea, but remember contest Holders also have the Right to not choose a Winner, in this case I'm guessing the Money will be given back to the Contest Holder from the Admin. Now, if they pay via PayPal what happens with all the PayPal Fees, etc. They will be taken off from the Prize Money as they Send Money from Contest Holder to Admin to Winner. Overall I like your idea, but there may be some flaws involved.

Regards,
Danny

The Namepros team could create a seperate account with Paypal, but just make it personal. That way, there would be no fees involved with sending money. Unless the contest holder had a Business / Premier account I suppose.

Well, it was just a suggestion ;)

•••
•••
not bad suggestions guys. Bottomline this whole contest thing is a bit informal and there's lots of us that participate. Some amount of measures should be put in place to secure both contest holder and participants.

•••
Damn, what's making me mad is if you view his profile he's visiting the site everday, a simple reply would help. :|

•••
designcontest.net runs it diffrently, as stated by will7...

but most of them are professional designers with degree/diploma in what they do,and they do it for thier living (plus you have to be in the design team to compete there)...
so they deserve that kind of protection....as in here and other forums..anybody,any age can enter...lol

•••
Yep he was on here 1 hour ago. There is no way he can say he was busy to get out of this if he looks here everyday.

•••
se said:
designcontest.net runs it diffrently, as stated by will7...

but most of them are professional designers with degree/diploma in what they do,and they do it for thier living (plus you have to be in the design team to compete there)...
so they deserve that kind of protection....as in here and other forums..anybody,any age can enter...lol

Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to implement a design team here on Namepros ... :guilty:

•••
another scam huh? good thing I didnt participate on this one. im still waiting for my money on the last contest i was in

•••
And just what would be the criteria for the design team. Also every design contest isn't really about winning...or maybe it is but what's more important is that everyone takes part and improve in their skills. Also allows individuals to interact with a "client" and try to reach their demands. It's not exactly professional in here but it's cool the way it is. Just some measures should be put in place cuz if I was OurPortfolio....I'd be pissed (tho i bet he is).

Anyways, I love yaxyay method of doing it. Truly organized. I clicked the "start a contest link" and there's a whole form I have to full up, plus read rules, etc, etc. And you also click agree to rules and submit. After that, your contest is reviewd by Admins and then opened in Contest Forum. Ofcourse I don't know what kinda of action can be taken if someone breaks the rules but I'm sure NP Admins can devise something.

Just my take on it.

Another thing -
Once he visits everyday, I can only imagine he's enjoying this. Probably planned this. But look, I'm not a fan on judging character but it's just wrong man.

•••
depthskins.com said:
Just some measures should be put in place cuz if I was OurPortfolio....I'd be pissed (tho i bet he is).

I dont want to say I'm pissed, just disapointed. I will get pissed maybe in a week, if I dont get paid, but for now I want to give the client the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure, hoping, he'll come true, if not well there nothing I can do. In the other hand, I do agree that maybe there should be some measures taken, since this is not the first time this has happened here on NamePros.

Will, not a bad idea with the Personal Account, but you caught the flaw again, the Contest Holder might have a Premier/Business Account and there would be Fees involved. Maybe there's another way ... come on guys, keep thinking we can think of something!

- Danny

•••
take it noone ever got paid or contacted. what a joke.

•••
flashguy said:
two times i am watching like this........what is happening ..........lots of hard work from all of guys and in the end no winner no money just thief............i prefer to say namepros that if someone is going to creat contest there should step to varifying the contest holder..that he is capable to pay ammount.....................no more like this.....

So what you are saying is : NamePros (A 100% Completely FREE Site) Should Now figure out a way to Verify EVERY Members Credit History and Bank Accounts etc ... ?????

If you didn't notice - This guys other Thread was closed Because there was Higher Amounts involved -

I guess if you guys want "Total" Protection We could just End all paid contest and Job Request ?????

~ My point is ... The staff here Does everything possible to try to protect its members .... Sorry if this sounds a bit Blunt - But some of these Statements and Request Just Strike me wrong considering Everything I see the Forum Leaders and Staff do Here EVERYDAY for FREE .....

My apologies to "OurPortfolio" and all the other Entrants who wasted their time and Efforts on this ....

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back