250.00 dollar header contest!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

LikeIsaid

Account Closed
Impact
After much debate we have decided to start a header contest for one of out projects!

The Website is FriendsForFitness.com. It is a fitness website dedicated to helping people find a workout partner.

Contest information

Contest will End July 14th at 5PM CST
First Place will win 250.00 dollars and the right to do more design work for my company!
Second place will get 100 dollars
and Third Place gets 50 Bucks

I would like the header to match the current site as I like the colors that we have! Use your imagination, and good luck. Also winners will be paid via paypal. Thanks and good luck!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
can we submit more than one design? till you satisfied?

•••
Working on it :tu: !

True_Snake

•••
•••
Here's a quick entry from me:

HMu61077.gif

Please let me know what you think :tu: !

True_Snake

•••
Hi, LikeIsaid, good to see you make the jump from Sitepoint to Namepros :)

But, SitePoint guidelines say that you can't run the competition on other sites. Are you going to run it on here, or on SitePoint?

I hope you decide to only hold the contest here as we have some great designers. So, I have made an entry:

friendsforfitnessbanner0kt.jpg

It's exactly the same size as your current banner. It's all custom and anything is editable in it. Was trying to stick with your colour scheme on the site at the minute :)

If you look at the border, you will notice on the bottom it is missing. That is because, when you put it on the site, it will join with the border of the box below (and it's the same colour), so, it's meant to be like that ;)

Feedback would be much appreciated!

Last edited:
•••
•••
nice banner

Will I have to admit, I really like this header! Few minor changes tho!

Change the saying on the right of the header too

Need a workout partner?
Find fitness Friends of all ages and interests.

Or something like that

Also delete the border lines on both sides!

I have loaded your banner on my site to see what it looks like, as I will do this with everyones to help me pick out a winner!

•••
•••
stopped the contest on sitepoint!

I have stopped the contest on sitepoint so I would not be breaking any rules. I would like to continue it here on namepros tho.

vip-ip - I like them , but not really what I am looking for! Will7 has the right idea! Also try to make one that matches the current site! Thanks

•••
i will submit my entry later today

•••
OK, here we go, revisions!

friendsforfitnessbanner27mf.jpg

Did everything you requested and also added some faded figures and some more lines to make it look better, :IMHO:.

More feedback would be appreciated!

•••
•••
Will that is a very nice header. Nothing I see fixing there. Can submit more then one if you like! I can already tell this is going to be money well spent!
Is everyone taking notes? lol j\k

•••
Ahem... COMMENTS PLEASE :)

:lol:

•••
vip-ip - not bad looking, much better! Ive decided to make a little bonus. Im going to give an extra 10 dollars to the winners for each extra header they have made to help pay for there time and work. I think this is fair. However they have the be nice, meaning you cannot submit junk. Also there is a 5 header limit, as my money is limited too lol

•••
I hope to get second place or something... as soon as I leave the second place mark, PM me, so I make another revision or other logo, so I can get back on top!

•••
•••
I'll have another one soon, maybe. I think that one stands a good chance of possibly winning, but, I'll make one more just to see if I can do better :)

•••
I will work on one when i wakeup :]

•••
•••
will7 said:
Feedback would be much appreciated!

Thats what i say! lol... stop stealing it! I copy writed it :p

Ill enter soon B-) workin on something now :)

Stay Lucid, (also copy writed :p)
One Armed Scissor.

Hey, here is my entry to this excelent comp ;). Good to see you giving feedback, you'll get much better results that way ;).

Preview / Logo:

preview

Hope you like them!

Feedback Would Be Much Appreciated. (COPYRIGHT, will... ) :p

Stay Lucid,
One Armed Scissor.

Last edited:
•••
here is mine. just a couple quick notes, the content is just a screenshot from a VB board with small resolution. the width of the header can be made to expand.

•••
dS - Entry 1

Worked on this for entry. Comments would be greatly appreciated.

This is a screenshot of how it would look on forum:
header_ss.gif

This is the orginal design. If chosen it can be tweaked to the max :)
header.gif

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back