Domain Empire

25 GB @ $1.95 only

NameSilo
Watch

mtech

Account Closed
Impact
Hi,

I recently registered with an ohio based medalhost.com and they offered me their cheapest plan. Though they don't publicize it on their website but after bargaining for 2 days they gave me this link:

http://www.medalhost.com/secure/order.php?step=2&pid=10

I found this plan pretty good for my business as I sell turnkey websites to my clients with one year of free hosting. This plan costs me only $1.95 a month and offers awesome features. Though I livein warsaw speed is fine too.

25 gigs of space
250 gigs of bandwidth
unlimited domains
unlimited emails
unlimited databases
unlimited ftp
unlimited subdomains
but NO ssh
chat support is offline mostly but email support is quick

this is my second month and things are fine so far. am now hosting 6 websites in my account. my job is to make websites and sell them so i just need a spoace to park those sites and i really don't want pay $3-$4 a month. so for me its the best deal coz it satisfy all my needs! _\|/_

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Cheap host, is not reliable.

•••
I think that offers should be honest. I have never seen VPS for $1. But sometimes such offers have limits by CPU and RAM, are you aware of that?

•••
That is cheap, but that offer have no sense, unless they are looking to be the sponsor ;)

•••
•••
caogui said:
I don't know reliable or not but it works for me :)

SiberForum said:
I think that offers should be honest. I have never seen VPS for $1. But sometimes such offers have limits by CPU and RAM, are you aware of that?
No I don't think they limit the cpu-ram but you may always ask them.

weblord said:
looks "too good to be true for me"
i wonder what's the downside? uptime?

edit: can't find the terms of service

knowledgebase is empty as well, :ghost:

http://www.medalhost.com/secure/knowledgebase.php
I signed the tos during registration, maybe it appears while you register. Yes, knowledgebase is empty but thats ok with me as long as I get good services @ 1.95 a month. and youy know? they recently made some changes in this plan. now i can host unlimited domains & databases too! hurrah! I don't have to buy different account for each website now :) chao

•••
wow cheap
is it reliable tho?

and btw, I dont see the 1.95 offer. the lowest I see is 3.95 per month with 350 GB and 3000 GB bw which is still cheap

•••
5 databases?

Is that 5 databases for all those accounts you want to set up. I'm using about 10 at one of my hosts for my wordpress blogs.

•••
metronome said:
wow cheap
is it reliable tho?

and btw, I dont see the 1.95 offer. the lowest I see is 3.95 per month with 350 GB and 3000 GB bw which is still cheap
this is my second month with them everythig seems to be fair till now. am hosting 6 sites on my account and they are up n running. what else do i need at this price?
as I mentioned in my first post it was a special plan they gave me coz i bargained like nuts with them! lol (it works sometimes really :)). i think that link still works as recently they upgraded my plan from 1 domain to unlimited domains or maybe they got some bigger nut than me who had asked for unlimited domains lol :) ye 3.95 is also cheap but 1.95 is best for me.

thebutler said:
Is that 5 databases for all those accounts you want to set up. I'm using about 10 at one of my hosts for my wordpress blogs.
sorry my fault, I forgot to update the original post. i don't know exactly why (and I never asked them) but they have updated this plan and now I have everything unlimited. databases, emails , domains, ftps everything unlimited. the only thing they don't provide is ssh but thats ok. I feel they are already too generous to provide all this in 1.95

•••
sorry...never host your files on cheap hosting...your account may be suppended anytime...and you will be wasting time again to look for other host. From the past experience...

•••
newsiness said:
sorry...never host your files on cheap hosting...your account may be suppended anytime...and you will be wasting time again to look for other host. From the past experience...
thanks for your concern but i backup my stuff every week so its fine. i don't know cheap hosts are good or not but you can't find everything everywhere. its hard to satisfy all our needs. big hosts maybe better but they are expensive. i have searched for many hosts and sometimes i didn't like their prices, sometimes their configuration. i am trying this one and things are ok. i know itr will be too early to say much but even if consider the worst case then its only a risk of $1.95. i think i can bear that risk as i have backups always and transferring data from one cpanel to another is easy :)

•••
I'd recommend you to back up not only every week but every day. I'd go with such like company. I have seen sharkspace.com provides daily complete backups and weekly remote backups.

•••
antic said:
I'd recommend you to back up not only every week but every day. I'd go with such like company. I have seen sharkspace.com provides daily complete backups and weekly remote backups.

Thanks for suggestion Antic. I am pretty happy with these guys but sure I will do backups frequently.

•••
Surely backup is the basement of any successful business.

•••
moonlight77 said:
Surely backup is the basement of any successful business.
yes moonlight, i agree with you but how much you save or how much profit you make is also important to keep running any business. i am trying to plan things wisely and take every step carefully in the days of inflation. i am not a big fish, just a small php coder and trying to make some niche in this already populated pool of netizens. but believe me sometimes small things can make big differences in your life. so the success mantra for me is to invest less and earn more, in the current times especially.

•••
Judging by the pricing and features, it's a safe assumption that the servers are heavily oversold (assuming that they have more than one server). Ordering an oversold hosting account is almost like receiving a check for $500, but if you try to cash the entire $500 it will bounce. Realistically, you would only be able to cash 5-10% of the actually value.

•••
Too over sold ....... its better to pay a lil more and host with some one reliable giving out reasonable specs

•••
useless said:
Too over sold ....... its better to pay a lil more and host with some one reliable giving out reasonable specs
Thanks for your comments friends and I understand what you are trying to say. I found DomainReseller's comments quite thoughtful too.
I maybe wrong but I love to trust people and by God's grace I have always found people really nice to me. I have been in touch with Ben from medalhost and he had also been nice in helping me out. And moreover, they don't sell $1.95 plan publically on their website, its me who is spoiling it all over. I feel this may not be right from my side to misuse their favor to me :td:
I will ask moderators to delete this post.

•••
thebutler said:

You wanted to say tables, instead of databases? One site doesnt take more than one database and it is possible to have more than one website to use one database(as long as you dont have table names that conflicts, which doesnt happen in post os scripts). With 5 databases, one can run 5 to 100 websites, if needed :)

•••
alemcherry said:
You wanted to say tables, instead of databases? One site doesnt take more than one database and it is possible to have more than one website to use one database(as long as you dont have table names that conflicts, which doesnt happen in post os scripts). With 5 databases, one can run 5 to 100 websites, if needed :)
NO, he was talking about the databases itself. Actually, the plan I have with medalhost.com first offered me 5 databases only but later they upgraded it to unlimited, and hence i also edited my original post from 5 databases to unlimited everything. :blink:

•••
25 GB space for 1 $ , that's overselling, but if you are happy i think is ok.

•••
Yes it may be over selling but as far as he is concerned he is satisfied with them. And he just want some cheep hosting. Also he is well aware of the situations. He is taking all precautionary measures like taking back up and all. Then I don't think he will have any problems.

•••
That host is overselling but like the old saying "You get what you pay for" so I'm assuming that you knew that there is bound to be some downside to the cheap prices of this hosting package eventually.

•••
caogui said:

Why is that? Webhostgiant.com is both cheap and reliable, I suppose this could relate to any host, which demonstrates quality!

•••
Agreed. If web hosting is cheap that doesn't mean you have poor services, and vice versa if web host expensive that doesn't mean that web hosting service is great.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back