Dynadot

$25,000 for a Domain Name is (not) Crazy.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
I registered my first domain name in 1996 and have been involved in more than $50 million in sales since then. If there is one word I would never use about domain name prices, it would be “crazy.”

Owning a mediocre domain and asking $250,000 for it may seem a little crazy, but if you get a counteroffer then crazy is good. This type of crazy also falls in line with the simple notion of “if you don’t ask you don’t receive” — a basic foundation of anyone selling anything.

How are Domain Names Priced?

It all depends on who you ask. Every investor has their own pricing model, and different expectations of return.

“Why $25,000?”

I needed a number for a subject line, if you really want to know. Whether its $25,000 or $250,000 is not really relevant. What is relevant is how much a domain name is worth to your business versus the asking price. Remember the asking price is usually just a starting number.

Have a read through this interesting article by Alan Dunn here

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back