What will be the trends of 2019?
What will be the niche's of 2019?
What will you be buying in 2019?
What will you be selling in 2019?
Any predictions?

Make a toast to 2019 by commenting!

Happy New Year and best to you in 2019!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I will try to get more advertising and marketing related names.
Bioprinting and liquid printing are worth checking.

•••
phygital
AR
iot
iiot
security tokens
IOTchain

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for starting this timely and interesting topic, @Internet.Domains, and thanks to all who have responded.

I was actually working on a lengthy two part series on exactly this topic to be published at NameTalent in early January (I will post the link in this thread when it is published). Still developed my ideas, and look forward to learning from others in this thread.

Here are a few of my early thoughts. I hope I am wrong, but the considerable negative trends and uncertainty in financial markets will be a drag on domain spending, particularly at the upper 10% of the market. I fear that 2019 the sales volume will be down in domain names, perhaps significantly.

I am not sure that .io has not already peaked and don't see a lot of new strength in other generic country codes. As always .com will stay dominant. I actually feel that .org may have a very solid year, both in terms of continued expansion in use and in sales.

The ngTLD space is so hard to predict. I see some hopeful signs in .online, and .top continues to be strong but only in one region and mainly registry. There is not much sales data to support the idea, but I see .xyz as having a better year next year, sales wise. I think for most ngTLD investors it will be a fairly lean year, with big sales now and then but not often. Again, I hope I am wrong.

What niches? AI both as a topic and in consumer devices will continue hot (and maybe .ai as a generic country code too). I think ebikes may have a huge year, and see some sales at all price levels. It sometimes slips under radar, but I think the movement to healthy lifestyle, fitness, happiness, mindfulness will have another good year.

I don't invest in or follow gambling, marijuana or political domain names, so my not saying anything about them should not be interpreted as anything other than that. Clearly a lot of money was made in at least the first two of those in 2018.

Still thinking about others, and doing some research re second half 2018 trends.

Bob

Disclosure: my domain portfolio is worth so little that there is not significant conflict of interest in anything I write :xf.wink:.
But in case you want to know, I have a few .org, a number of happiness/mental health/fitness names in various extensions, and a couple of lowish value ebike names.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
the sales volume will be down in domain names, perhaps significantly.
This aftermarket downtrend is stable from year to year since nTLDs were launched... incl. .com

Last edited:
•••
•••
This aftermarket downtrend is stable from year to year since nTLDs were launched... incl. .com

i was probably not clear @Jurgen Wolf - I did not mean it was down because of anything in domains, but rather I think that business sentiment, in both North America and Asia at least, is pretty negative and that can't help but eventually pull down the domain market. There seemed a lag of a year or so after other financial pullbacks before the domain pullback, but the other major financial turndowns seem to correlate slightly at least. I hope I am wrong, and I could well be wrong. Just wanted to clarify why I said it..

Bob

•••
I clearly see this even in my own portfolio...
Share of 4F buyers (especially $2K+) is trending down surely...

•••
Recession with no easy answers. Let me add some blurb

Once the recession kicks off, Halfway through the consensus to economic stimulus will be > job growth. only now things have changed.......... Automation, AI, Autonomous vehicles. The labor market will need to be redefined entirely

We've already seen it with AI chatbots, humans not needed. A pretty clear picture globally where this is heading, supermarkets with no checkouts - I can go on but not needed

I've spoken at length on this topic, with great thinkers. I'm bullish & long entertainment, the arts, Esports. & pretty much short everything else including VR > Time horizon is still a decade away

Last edited:
•••
What will 2019 bring?
Counterculture
Cash for “Gold" domains
Machine Learning
Distress
Nothing
Any predictions?
Wholesale prices in every asset class

•••
Blockchain Based Tokens for Decentralized Robots...:xf.grin:
After eating Canna, they can visualize world in Virtual Reality

•••
Hemp
CBD
THC
Cannabis

Cheers
Corey

•••
2019 will be a very interesting year financially, Globally I believe. this will also reflect how well the domain name economy does.

What will be the trends of 2019? I think AI and VR along with Micro and Robots will be a few niche that draw big attention. Cannabis will become mainstream, so huge niche.

Predictions?, The domain name aftermarket will change for the better with much less possibility of fraudsters, however, ICANN and Verisign will make some changes that will not be in the domainers best interest. Webmasters business models will be substantially tested, domain names in 2019 will lower in value due to a recession of proportions that will leverage to buyers rather than sellers, domain name sales will decrease by 25%+ overall.

What will you be selling in 2019? I expect a large decrease in my sales, I will be in a holding pattern with my domain names. I expect 2 of my 4 websites to continue to generate fairly good sales, while the other 2 will struggle, 1 of those 2 may not make it through 2019.

It's not doom and gloom for domaining, I have been through my predictions before, recovery may begin in the 4 quarter of 2020

•••
My thoughts IMHO
Brandables of tech abbreviations will increase continually
- robotics
- ai - brandables mainly
- atonomy ( I am betting on autono abbreviation entered into dictionaries ) like auto for automobile
- VR AR XR competing continually
- Tokens ( security backed )
- Blockchain everything
- and of course many areas im not well versed on , certain niches. follow the trends and data.

- and if its a slow year, let those who balance forum and outbound find survival of the fittest.

Happy domaining all.

•••
•••
guess the Distributed Ledger Technology DAG (Directed Acyclic Graph), like HashGraph, may get in to the mainstream as an alternative to blockchain.

•••
It will be the year of the NON FACEBOOK movement.
I think so. Sad thing is they did it to themselves and don't seem to care to fix anything, just make excuses. With all the money and power they have, you would think they would see they should fix things before they got out of hand, but no, they got very greedy.[/QUOTE]

•••
•••
I think so. Sad thing is they did it to themselves and don't seem to care to fix anything, just make excuses. With all the money and power they have, you would think they would see they should fix things before they got out of hand, but no, they got very greedy.
[/QUOTE]
This is only the beginning, my friends on the west coast mentioned multiple times zucks real plan is to run for potus.

•••
What will 2019 bring?
Any predictions?

Make a toast to 2019 by commenting!

Happy New Year and best to you in 2019!
What will 2019 bring? Nothing
What will be the trends of 2019? Nothing
What will be the niche's of 2019? Nothing
What will you be buying in 2019? Nothing
What will you be selling in 2019? Nothing
Any predictions? More money for domain moguls

Happy New Year and best to you in 2019! True

•••
As tempting as it is to put naked put options on Facebook.......... I won't. But the mood in the valley is desolate & the tide has turned against them in a big way.
DHH.png

Cannabis is Legal, Psychedelics on the verge of legalization - Global recession

What a time for counterculture - Bitcoin holders this is good news for you.

Among my network, the crowd has turned against Facebook in a big way and all its companies
E.png

My Short of the year goes to Facebook. The price is now $133.24 USD - Holders brace for impact

Last edited:
•••
Well, I've never seen the daggers come out like this for facebook inc - I feel as if I missed something.

Facebook may perform worse than Bitcoin and lose 90% - How did I miss this short? - I don't think I can resist the covered put. once the daggers are out they're out....... - I don't think even BlackRocks Blackbox can stop this one
Well.png

Facebook.jpg

•••
Obviously I'm hoping for a nice run on cannabis names!

•••
My predictions are:

Namepros will gain news members who instead of reading beginners section will dash straight to domain sales section to see people reporting $XX, XXX sales. They will in turn run to register ;

Toyotacompany.com
Iamsellingdomain.com and
Mydomain247.com, then they wait for buyers who will pay $xxxxxxx for them.

On a more serious note,
-Electric car will become more adopted,
-STO will gain more traction,
-The future of bitcoin will become more ambiguous
-MedicalCbd will be legalized in some African countries, we tend to copy westerners.

•••
Happy New year:xf.grin:

last week I just watch Kdrama, Memories Of the ALhambra, the story about VR game combine with AI, and the game are quite amazing, and the CEO that buying that games, predicting, that the game will be worth 100-200 trilion (10-20 trilioan dollar)

•••
Anyone remember the thread for 2018 predictions? If so can you please share?

I want to check how many of my predictions happened and how many of them failed. :xf.smile:

I have searched it but couldn't find it on the forum.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back