Domain Empire

question The problem with the domain industry?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Claypere

Top Member
Impact
Was wondering if anyone sees problems with the domain industry in 2019 and what you would like to see improve with the industry?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hmm...but is there something like a "domain industry" ?

I think domaining is very individual activity & primarily everyone cares about himself or herself.. whoever thinks something else, might be under illusion .. imo.

So I do not think any improvement in "industry" as such is going to help you or me...only we can improve our individual situation :)

•••
@lolwarrior I do think there is a domain industry as well as a domain community. Some businesses like Efty, Undeveloped, Sedo, Namejet, Afternic etc. and also domain events like Namescon and DomainX are specifically geared towards domainers.

I was out of the domain scene for the last couple of years, but was happy to see websites like Undeveloped and Squadhelp adding a bit of "spice" to the way domains are sold.

At the end of the day, I guess it comes down to reaching more end users as well as resellers and this is something I would like to see improve and the good news is it's already happening.

•••
@Claypere I'd like a better auctions platform. Something like Undeveloped to rival GoDaddy, Namejet and Flippa.

•••
The problems are rife the industry is plagued with scams. Registrars sending out invoices for domains they don't control would be the biggest scam running.

•••
There are problems. They won't be fixed. So I won't go on about it.:xf.grin:

•••
@andydotlol I would love to see that too. Even though Namejet is the leader for auctions, I do think they need to improve their website and search filters as those seem very outdated. I did a search on Archive.org and their website still looks the same as it did in 2010 :xf.frown:

@lock Also, fake bidding is a big problem that needs to be solved on all platforms.

@Internet.Domains I'm a bit more optimistic, I feel if there are problems, at some point, someone will find a solution and that's when the old will make way for the new.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back