IT.COM

2019 NamesCon, ROTD, NameJet & Brent Oxley Auction. Easy Reserve Price/Valuation info for Buyers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
1) 336 Total Domain Names so far. 263 – .com, 47- .net, 9 -.org, 3 – .info, 3 – .co, 2 – .us, 2 – .nyc, and then 1 each of these tld’s – .club, .restaurant, .surgery, .pro, .pizza, .taxi, .chat, & .rentals

2) 11 domains with a reserve over 1 million. (broker.com, create.com, give.com, home refinancing.com, kleptomania.com, lucky.com, PregnancyTest.com, QO.com, SoundSystems.com, TexasHoldem.com, & vaporizers.com)

3) 3 domains with a reserve from 900k – 1 million. (bride.com, CPU.com, & drone.com)

4) There are 55 domain names w/No Reserve.

5) There are 3 domains with an Estibot valuation over 1 million. (penis.com, QO.com, piano.com)

6) Estibot REALLY likes penis. (That would have been a great title for this post – lol). Penis.com is the highest Estibot valued domain name by a landslide at $5 million+

So, I wanted to share this spreadsheet with everyone and hopefully it helps you as you compare reserve price categories in a much easier fashion along with Estibot valuations in case you use those valuations in your buying methods at all.

I actually have many more thoughts than these (6), but those were a few key points. If you have any thoughts about this auction, Please comment!

Happy Holidays to all domainers and your families!

Vito

Full analysis and breakdown

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"Estibot REALLY likes Penis" would have been a courageous headline. :xf.smile:

•••
Uh oh, I used a bad word! (prior reply says "This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors.")

•••
I find it ironic that Godaddy, who owns the convention, inserts Penis.com into the auction. They have gone through great lengths to rid themselves of a sexist reputation. Most recently they have tried to attract top female talent. Just maybe, they have found the right keywords to do just that.

•••
I find it ironic that Godaddy, who owns the convention, inserts Penis.com into the auction. They have gone through great lengths to rid themselves of a sexist reputation. Most recently they have tried to attract top female talent. Just maybe, they have found the right keywords to do just that.
Where did they get that from the Berkens portfolio like they got dirty.com ? I always wonder what the top offer on that one was when The Dirty was at the top of it's media cycle, I guess Berkens didn't get his number on it.

I like Analyze.com, there was a lot of infighting on that new when Media Options said they had the deal done, and another broker swooped the owner into a quick flip to Oxley. The owner who was like in his 70's, and retiring had been talking around $75K.

Last edited:
•••
•••
i like leads.com , this is real business

•••
They have been trying to sell penis dot com since namescon 2016.

•••
mine 2 domains are there nap.net & decors.com first time participating in namescon lets see :P
2 more approved but waiting for them to upload them...

•••
2) 11 domains with a reserve over 1 million. (broker.com, create.com, give.com, home refinancing.com, kleptomania.com, lucky.com, PregnancyTest.com, QO.com, SoundSystems.com, TexasHoldem.com, & vaporizers.com)

3) 3 domains with a reserve from 900k – 1 million. (bride.com, CPU.com, & drone.com)

4) There are 55 domain names w/No Reserve.

5) There are 3 domains with an Estibot valuation over 1 million. (penis.com, QO.com, piano.com)

My Forecast for next namescon is that it would be a Total Failure! lol Why? lucky did Not sold on last namescon, bride did Not sold either, cpu did not sold on namejet and flippa this year… Most of the names are from last namescon, and Wont sell on namescon 2019 for second time!! ahahhahaha @NameJetGM

New names like penis, piano are NOT Attractive for endusers and/or domain investors nowadays… I forecast a total Disaster just like last namescon, I remember most of the names did not met the reserve on namescon 2018

Bad names with high reserves again!! LMAO! :xf.grin::xf.laugh::ROFL::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::joyful::smuggrin::smuggrin:

Last edited:
•••
mine 2 domains are there nap.net & decors.com first time participating in namescon lets see :P
2 more approved but waiting for them to upload them...
Best of luck

Did you change your dns setting to participate the auction?

•••
LOL I just read your post!! This Confirms my previous post, monte and jonathan tenenbaum are trying to sell the same old crap over and over again!! @NameJetGM and guess what? penis Wont sell next year again!! ahahahahahahahahahaha!! :xf.grin::xf.laugh::ROFL::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::smuggrin::smuggrin: monte namescon auctions are a Total waste of time!!

Last edited:
•••
6) Estibot REALLY likes penis. (That would have been a great title for this post – lol). Penis.com is the highest Estibot valued domain name by a landslide at $5 million+

Estibot value was 4 million dollars in 2016, today it is fair market value for estibot is $ 5,017,000. :xf.grin:

They actually sold it for $110,000 in 2016.

This is the actual auction for the domain.

starts at 1.05.03

LOL I just read your post!! This Confirms my previous post, monte and jonathan tenenbaum are trying to sell the same old (sh*t) over and over again!! @NameJetGM and guess what? penis Wont sell next year again!! ahahahahahahahahahaha!! :xf.grin::xf.laugh::ROFL::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::smuggrin::smuggrin: monte namescon auctions are a Total waste of time!!

Sorry, I misremember it. Thought it didn't sold because reserve was not met but they actually sold it on 2016.

Last edited:
•••
@Edward Zeiden are you guys going to be there, recording the auction like you guys did back in 2016?

That would be great!

•••
Sex sells.

•••
•••
•••
•••
@Edward Zeiden are you guys going to be there, recording the auction like you guys did back in 2016?

That would be great!
NamePros will be at NamesCon again this year, but we'll be shifting to photos instead of video. We hope to see you there!

•••
@Edward Zeiden

Too bad. The video of the actual auction would be great.

It would show how domain names can value as digital gold for the people who are not aware of it (business owners, start-ups and the random Joe).

If you could have post it on Youtube like nP did back in 2016 that would help the industry.

Can you share if there are any limitations about filming the auction by the sponsors of this event or is it the NamesCon?

•••
Yes video can show real process of the live auction...

Will be very helpful..

Thanks

•••
Yes video can show real process of the live auction...

Will be very helpful..

Thanks

I guess there is a restriction about this, otherwise nP would have post it imo.

•••
Thanks for a really fun analysis, @equity78! Will be interesting to see if any of the domains with reserves of $1million plus reserves sell. If even a few do, big bucks at the commission rate. I am not surprised that the vast majority are com, and a reasonable number of net, but totally amazed at the org only 3 so far. If you look at NameBio sales relative to registration numbers this is serious under representation. Also, not a single .io is surprising, or were they ruled out on some basis?

I think that possibly it is important to decide if the auction is primarily for end users or for domain investors. Even for good names, reserves of $1 million plus probably rule out most domain investors unless they have very deep pockets and are almost sure they know a buyer for the name.

But if the auction is primarily for end users, is NamesCon the right venue or would it do better at say a conference for startups that was not just on domain names? Now it is true that buyers brokers might be an audience working on behalf of specific end users.

If you had an auction that was aimed for ordinary domain investors, it seems to me that it would cover primarily domains in the price range $50 to $500 with prices near wholesale. There are a handful of names in the list that do fall in this range. I wonder even if two auctions would make more sense, with different promotion. The super premium one could have high reserves, but the other one could not have reserves above say $200. Of course, perhaps not enough profit in a low cost auction to make it worthwhile for the organizers.

Bob

•••
Thanks for a really fun analysis, @equity78! Will be interesting to see if any of the domains with reserves of $1million plus reserves sell. If even a few do, big bucks at the commission rate. I am not surprised that the vast majority are com, and a reasonable number of net, but totally amazed at the org only 3 so far. If you look at NameBio sales relative to registration numbers this is serious under representation. Also, not a single .io is surprising, or were they ruled out on some basis?

I think that possibly it is important to decide if the auction is primarily for end users or for domain investors. Even for good names, reserves of $1 million plus probably rule out most domain investors unless they have very deep pockets and are almost sure they know a buyer for the name.

But if the auction is primarily for end users, is NamesCon the right venue or would it do better at say a conference for startups that was not just on domain names? Now it is true that buyers brokers might be an audience working on behalf of specific end users.

If you had an auction that was aimed for ordinary domain investors, it seems to me that it would cover primarily domains in the price range $50 to $500 with prices near wholesale. There are a handful of names in the list that do fall in this range. I wonder even if two auctions would make more sense, with different promotion. The super premium one could have high reserves, but the other one could not have reserves above say $200. Of course, perhaps not enough profit in a low cost auction to make it worthwhile for the organizers.

Bob

Well to be fair it was @Vito who did the analysis, I just posted his article here.

•••
Thanks for the clarification, and sorry for not noting the original article author in my post above. For those, like me, who only read the summary at the start of this thread, urge you to go to the full article by @Vito at DomainNamesMatter:

http://domainnamesmatter.com/2018/1...ley-auction-reserve-research-info-for-buyers/

For every single name it shows it in a reserve class and gives the Estibot value. For those of you considering bidding on some names, The ones without reserve (although note $300 starting bid for all) have Estibot values $200 and less for example (nicely listed in decreasing order in the post). The list is a nice starting place for your own in depth analysis. A lot of work putting it all together so clearly. Thanks for sharing @Vito and for telling us about it @equity78!

Bob

•••
Back