IT.COM

question 2018...What will you do differently?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DanBingham

Top Member
Impact
Now that we are nearing the end of 2017, our thoughts turn to next year and what we can do differently to make it more of a success and drive more sales. As domain name investors, we all want to be successful and improve year on year but for many this isn't always the case.

So as we look forward into 2018, is there anything you will do differently next year?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
For me it's developing a solid business plan and setting some monthly or quarterly goals. Without a clear direction I can sometimes drive down too many roads at the same time. For example, when I started my goal was to go down the parking path, I then decided it might be easier to flip some domains first to build capital for purchasing quality traffic domains that could be parked. Not sure on either strategy I ended up with quite a few domains that weren't really good for either plan.

I will say though, reading all the Name Pros threads over the last few months has really helped with setting some standards for 2018.

•••
Next year I will produce more constructive, rational and amazing posts about domaining. I just hope that nobody turns that into an acronym. :)

•••
•••
More names, more outbound. And hopefully more sales :)

•••
Developing my upcoming page domainflipp*com to a great business. Invest more in marketing and outbound. Buy more premiums and do somemore brokerage. Biggest goal is to take it from a hobby to a fulltime hobby! Going a bit more slow on hyped names which are eating dust in the portfolio at the moment..vr, crypto etc. And the biggest adventure will be developing names, increase traffic and value but sell for a higher profit. These subjects have my focus for 2018.

•••
More names, more outbound. And hopefully more sales :)

Yes, we are going to do more outbound next year with a continued focus on purchasing quality names. Not interested so much in quick flips these days.

•••
Several small touch-ups to my basic domain endeavors;

Plan to review all of my domains for sale in December 2017 and remove Auto-Renewal
status for all low sales potential names so they Auto-Fade-Away in 2018;

Resist the temptation (s) of reg too many " new extensions " on spec;

Speculate just a bit on my interpretation (s) of potential new and emerging markets for small businesses and entrepreneurs.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back