Dynadot

question 2017... how has it been...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DanBingham

Top Member
Impact
for you?

Have you sold more domains this year than in 2016?
Has 2017 exceeded your expectations?
If so, what have you (if anything) done differently?

Or on the flipside, has 2017 been a total letdown?
What do you think went wrong?
Is there anything you could change?

Interested to hear your comments.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The truth hurts: None sold this year. Maybe it is 'cause I did not try.

Maybe next year.

:android:

The road to success is always under construction.

•••
Sold more domains but I'd still classify it as a slow year. Last year, I was active only for about 6 months or so. But, I think I'm selling at slightly higher prices so it's better from a RoI perspective

•••
sold 45 domains
that's about 11% of my portfolio

best year so far

Last edited:
•••
I think this biz is not good at all for many. Furthermore, the negative correlation with a booming stock market doesn't make sense, which probably means that it will make sense at a later date when news is released.

•••
sold 45 domains
that's about 11% of my portfolio

best year so far
You did good. I'm curious, what was the average sale price and the average hold time, if you can disclose.
I've sold 16 to end users and over 300 to resellers, not a bad year, but the average prices have gone down this year, it's harder to make end users pay high prices.

•••
Terrible ! Whilst i'm a relative newbie to domaining, i'm struggling to sell any, despite listing here there and everywhere, direct marketing etc I've no doubt most would say it's due to the domains not being worth anything or the asking prices being too high/unrealistic !? Have listings on GDP, Sedo,here on NP, even tried ebay !? Perhaps it's not for me, frustrating when you see others selling seemingly worthless names for good money !

•••
Terrible ! Whilst i'm a relative newbie to domaining, i'm struggling to sell any, despite listing here there and everywhere, direct marketing etc I've no doubt most would say it's due to the domains not being worth anything or the asking prices being too high/unrealistic !? Have listings on GDP, Sedo,here on NP, even tried ebay !? Perhaps it's not for me, frustrating when you see others selling seemingly worthless names for good money !

Domaining is very unpredictable - stick with it as it really only takes one 'out of the blue' sale to make it all seem worthwhile.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back