Dynadot

discuss $20/month experimentation: I do what you tell

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Objective:
Learn at my expense

I am planning to run monthly experiments where I invest $20 per month based on what the community says. Of course, it has to be rational and proper reasons have to be given.
Here are the rules:
  1. I invest in 1 or 2 domain names, only .COM, .NET, .ORG, .IO, .CO extensions and maybe 1/2 more extensions if you can prove it has value
  2. I am not going to buy your domain name, only hand reg and any recommendation or auction that you suggest
  3. As much as I am into outbound, for the purpose of this experiment, I can invest 1-2 hours, so we can try inbound more often
  4. Budget would be strictly $20 and not more, for a particular month.
Let's start. Tell me what do I buy for December and why? Tell me what are you trying to accomplish with this and what would be the way forward for us.

Note: If the domain sells within 1 month, you get 33% of the profits. But don't see this as a profit-making model. See it more of a learning/co-learning.

Let's go! Let's try something new!
Tell me what should we do.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you Google " list of stock market apps " you'll find stockapps dot com on the first page. Their website is an independent start up website built on Wordpress for heavens sake!

•••
Total waste of time thread (and I'm not wasting time any more). I gave you the benefit of the doubt but you aren't a serious domainer at all. First person ignored in 2022.

•••
Total waste of time thread (and I'm not wasting time any more). I gave you the benefit of the doubt but you aren't a serious domainer at all. First person ignored in 2022.
Hey.. hang on my friend! Like I said, it may take a couple of days for me to do a second level and finalize this.
Your advise is well received. If you have given an advise, give the other person the time to act on it

•••
I was going for stockapp.co.uk but looks like it's taken. For .uk extension, I do not feel very confident.
Fun experiment idea, but the stakes are too low - and you’re basically asking for free investment advice. If you said hey I have $5k to spend what’s a good buy I can flip within the year, that’s a different game…

Anyway, my 2 cents:
- find 20 99c .xyz names (I would scrape Namebio for what has sold in com/co/io but is not yet registered in xyz, and not a premium) - you can probably find 20 names if you spend an hour or two; list on Afternic for $299 each and wait;
- scrape the .com drops of the last 7-14 days on expireddomains.net for 3-word exact match service names you can outbound that have any search volume. For example, LandscapePhotographyWorkshops.com

Good luck
Let me give the 20 xyz a try.

•••
Fun experiment idea, but the stakes are too low - and you’re basically asking for free investment advice. If you said hey I have $5k to spend what’s a good buy I can flip within the year, that’s a different game…

Anyway, my 2 cents:
- find 20 99c .xyz names (I would scrape Namebio for what has sold in com/co/io but is not yet registered in xyz, and not a premium) - you can probably find 20 names if you spend an hour or two; list on Afternic for $299 each and wait;
- scrape the .com drops of the last 7-14 days on expireddomains.net for 3-word exact match service names you can outbound that have any search volume. For example, LandscapePhotographyWorkshops.com

Good luck
No luck with this so far.
I tried finding 2-word meta domain already sold earlier in .COM and available in .XYZ. NO luck so far.
Will try again over the next couple of days.

•••

Anyway, my 2 cents:

Good luck
Sincere apologies everyone. This has still been pending. I tried investing 2 hrs finding available .XYZ for already sold .COM but to no avail.
I am 100% inclined on closing this by tomorrow and plan to buy 20 XYZ names. If you have any more suggestions happy to follow!
Again my intent is to invest and post some results - good, bad - I don't care! But I'd prefer it to be good!
The more important part is experiment!

•••
So in approximately 20 days all you have been doing is wasting time, resulting in no purchases, no opportunity, no experiment, when you could have been flipping burgers at, let's say, $10/h? . Thats a lot of money down the drain.

•••

Anyway, my 2 cents:

Good luck
it should be from $25 to $100, because many investors here sold domains like this for huge returns. Lets just be honest.

Im not a hater so @Bob Hawkes does this for free, also there is another top member already drops a list of top hand regs for everyone. Someone drop his @ me

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back