IT.COM

discuss $20/month experimentation: I do what you tell

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Objective:
Learn at my expense

I am planning to run monthly experiments where I invest $20 per month based on what the community says. Of course, it has to be rational and proper reasons have to be given.
Here are the rules:
  1. I invest in 1 or 2 domain names, only .COM, .NET, .ORG, .IO, .CO extensions and maybe 1/2 more extensions if you can prove it has value
  2. I am not going to buy your domain name, only hand reg and any recommendation or auction that you suggest
  3. As much as I am into outbound, for the purpose of this experiment, I can invest 1-2 hours, so we can try inbound more often
  4. Budget would be strictly $20 and not more, for a particular month.
Let's start. Tell me what do I buy for December and why? Tell me what are you trying to accomplish with this and what would be the way forward for us.

Note: If the domain sells within 1 month, you get 33% of the profits. But don't see this as a profit-making model. See it more of a learning/co-learning.

Let's go! Let's try something new!
Tell me what should we do.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am interested.

Let's do this.

•••
Will you be sharing any sale profits or keeping them all for yourself?

•••
Will you be sharing any sale profits or keeping them all for yourself?
I will share. My objective with this is that we all learn together. I am open to spending 1 hour of my time and $20 a month on this experiment.
Suggest me ideas and we execute together. Honestly, I don't care about the money that comes out of this, rather the learning aspect.

•••
I will share. My objective with this is that we all learn together. I am open to spending 1 hour of my time and $20 a month on this experiment.
Suggest me ideas and we execute together. Honestly, I don't care about the money that comes out of this, rather the learning aspect.
All of the information you need can be found using the trusty Namepros search box. https://www.namepros.com/search/. Also @Bob Hawkes has spent a great deal of time compiling a domain name investor beginner's guide https://www.namepros.com/blog/domain-investing-just-the-basics-part-1.1253041/. I suggest you read it, make notes, set dates and take actions.

•••
don't believe in any "king" bullshit

•••
All of the information you need can be found using the trusty Namepros search box. https://www.namepros.com/search/. Also @Bob Hawkes has spent a great deal of time compiling a domain name investor beginner's guide https://www.namepros.com/blog/domain-investing-just-the-basics-part-1.1253041/. I suggest you read it, make notes, set dates and take actions.
Of course, I have read it.
I am a domaining old-timer with 5+ years in domaining. Just trying to initiate co-learning at my expense so the community and I learn together.
This thread is to try things together publicly, win and lose together and more importantly, experiment more often.

•••
•••
Of course, I have read it.
I am a domaining old-timer with 5+ years in domaining. Just trying to initiate co-learning at my expense so the community and I learn together.
This thread is to try things together publicly, win and lose together and more importantly, experiment more often.
Good luck. I hope you succeed mate.

•••
Fun experiment idea, but the stakes are too low - and you’re basically asking for free investment advice. If you said hey I have $5k to spend what’s a good buy I can flip within the year, that’s a different game…

Anyway, my 2 cents:
- find 20 99c .xyz names (I would scrape Namebio for what has sold in com/co/io but is not yet registered in xyz, and not a premium) - you can probably find 20 names if you spend an hour or two; list on Afternic for $299 each and wait;
- scrape the .com drops of the last 7-14 days on expireddomains.net for 3-word exact match service names you can outbound that have any search volume. For example, LandscapePhotographyWorkshops.com

Good luck

•••
•••
Fun experiment idea, but the stakes are too low - and you’re basically asking for free investment advice. If you said hey I have $5k to spend what’s a good buy I can flip within the year, that’s a different game…

Anyway, my 2 cents:
- find 20 99c .xyz names (I would scrape Namebio for what has sold in com/co/io but is not yet registered in xyz, and not a premium) - you can probably find 20 names if you spend an hour or two; list on Afternic for $299 each and wait;
- scrape the .com drops of the last 7-14 days on expireddomains.net for 3-word exact match service names you can outbound that have any search volume. For example, LandscapePhotographyWorkshops.com

Good luck
Thanks. Let's do it. Making money is secondary and honestly, I'd rather distribute or plough it back here for more experiments.
But this is an interesting idea. Let's try the first one.
Let me do some research and register some names. Might take some time but I am up for this one.

•••

Anyway, my 2 cents:

Good luck
Hello, thanks for this.

I am interested in the last part about exact match on EXpireddomains.net
What kind of filters will enable one to get the 3 word exact match keywords?
I will really appreciate your response.

•••
What kind of filters will enable one to get the 3 word exact match keywords?
What do YOU think? Which filters have YOU tried for three word exact match domain names?

•••
Yeah there's no exact match filter obviously, you can use filters in the "adwords/seo" tab if you want to get really specific, but I just use these, sort by number of registrations (or sometimes WBY, it's sometimes relevant that a name has been previously registered and held for many years) -- and just browse.

It's ultimately down to gut check and taste, but I can tell pretty quickly that, for example, from yesterday's drops, RegenerativeArchitects.com may be worth looking into, but not SeguroParaUber or KoronaParty.

expdomfilters1.png

Last edited:
•••
Word count: min 3 max 3 for three keywords. Obvs.

Last edited:
•••
Yeah there's no exact match filter obviously, yoThanks u can use filters in the "adwords/seo" tab if you want to get really specific, but I just use these, sort by number of registrations (or sometimes WBY, it's sometimes relevant that a name has been previously registered and held for many years) -- and just browse.

It's ultimately down to gut check and taste, but I can tell pretty quickly that, for example, from yesterday's drops, RegenerativeArchitects.com may be worth looking into, but not SeguroParaUber or KoronaParty.

Show attachment 207078
Thanks for your response.

•••
What do YOU think? Which filters have YOU tried for three word exact match domain names?
Haha, maybe related domain names?

Anything you will like to share?

•••
yea.. for 20 u can prolly get just few newbies

•••
If you don't buy a domain name soon I shall be ignoring this thread.
  1. I invest in 1 or 2 domain names, only .COM, .NET, .ORG, .IO, .CO extensions and maybe 1/2 more extensions if you can prove it has value
stockapp in co dot uk
  1. I am not going to buy your domain name, only hand reg and any recommendation or auction that you suggest
stockapp in co dot uk

1. Budget would be strictly $20 and not more, for a particular month.
stockapp in co dot uk

•••
Yeah you need to be buying soon or people will unsubscribe from this thread. Me for one.

•••
Noted. Give me until this week.
This is definitely on my list of to dos.
Tell me the plan as well. Just telling me to buy a domain name may not help.

Tell me your why and I buy.

•••
I offered the tip to @moniazamla who decided not to register this domain name. https://www.namepros.com/threads/newbie-question-handreg-exact-match.1262004/#post-8487250. I suggest it's relevant if you either understand the industries involved or are willing to spend time researching them, so it's not one for me. I can't understand why nobody has registered this domain name given the 90 % crap I see being offered up on this forum.

" Hand reg this @moniazamla. stockapp dot co dot uk (expired November 2021, first registered in 2017). Good traffic 8100 monthly volume and high £ 9,39 C.P.C. Sell to a U.K._based stock market software company (there are hundreds of them) for low xxx or develop like stockapps dot com and sell on Flippa for xxxx + . If you can get any U.S.A. traffic it's 165000 monthly and $ 8,37 C.P.C. Many potential end users from e-com stock inventory to stock market traders. Please let us know how you get on. Cheers. "

Last edited:
•••
By the way the name is registered through twenty-eight dn extensions.

•••
•••
Back