IT.COM

1st commercial drone delivery...what do you think?

NameSilo
Watch

What do you think about delivery by drones?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • It's great! Can't wait to get my first delivery.

• It's a good idea but my packages already get banged around enough.

• It's a flash in the pan...only practical for fast food delivery.

• It's a bad idea...looking for an over-sized flyswatter to defend myself.

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mister Funsky

Top Member
Impact
It's been done before, but the story in the link says this is officially the first commercial drone delivery:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...777d24-f1ff-11e9-89eb-ec56cd414732_story.html

I'm curious what others think about this. In my case, I find the high pitch of the motors/blades to be highly irritating to my hearing (and sometimes painful) if they come too close. Then I think about the danger to myself, my friends/family and my property if (and when) one of these things go awry (think of those awesome self driving cars and the accidents being caused by technical failure).

I have decided that if one of these things comes to close to my person, I will either use a propelled net and/or rocks to remove it from my airspace...how about you?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's been done before, but the story in the link says this is officially the first commercial drone delivery:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...777d24-f1ff-11e9-89eb-ec56cd414732_story.html

I'm curious what others think about this. In my case, I find the high pitch of the motors/blades to be highly irritating to my hearing (and sometimes painful) if they come too close. Then I think about the danger to myself, my friends/family and my property if (and when) one of these things go awry (think of those awesome self driving cars and the accidents being caused by technical failure).

I have decided that if one of these things comes to close to my person, I will either use a propelled net and/or rocks to remove it from my airspace...how about you?
Your thoughts are identical to mine. Besides, since it won't be able to put stuff inside my mail box, where is it gonna leave it? On the floor where any by passer can simply steal it?

For some who own a gun (not me - never owned a gun) it may be great for target practice.... or for eagles that may regard it as a good meal...
003_EAGLE-VS-DRONE.jpg

•••
Your thoughts are identical to mine. Besides, since it won't be able to put stuff inside my mail box, where is it gonna leave it? On the floor where any by passer can simply steal it?

For some who own a gun (not me - never owned a gun) it may be great for target practice.... or for eagles that may regard it as a good meal...

LOL..thank you for giving me my only good laugh of the day!

Yes, I am a gun enthusiast and these things may indeed make for enjoyable target practice! :xf.smile:

•••
This is the future. The delivery ecosystem will develop to meet the needs of drone deliveries, including security issues and other aspects. Drone drop-nets or boxes will become as common as mailboxes.

•••
This is the future. The delivery ecosystem will develop to meet the needs of drone deliveries, including security issues and other aspects. Drone drop-nets or boxes will become as common as mailboxes.

Very concise summary...you may be correct...new homes could be constructed with a 'net area' built in.

•••
•••
Back