Dynadot

1and1 special offers, should I go ahead?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mohammad

Established Member
Impact
1and1 has special offers until end of september. http://www.1and1.com/terms-specialoffers?__lf=Static

I heard 1and1 is bad and some members in NamePros told me they had issues with them, especially in transfering domain from 1and1 to another reigstrar. What do you think? Should I go ahead for that?

Mohammad

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'd avoid 1&1. I bought a name from someone and it was registered there. Transferred out and still was getting charged for a website setup I didn't want. Ask them to cancel and refund me the 2 months the charged and never got it back.

•••
AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!
Stay away if you want to keep your money and your sanity.

Regards

Ralph.

•••
Oh, okay!

Do you know registerars which have special offers for .com, net and .biz?

Last edited:
•••
•••
I'd avoid 1&1. I bought a name from someone and it was registered there. Transferred out and still was getting charged for a website setup I didn't want. Ask them to cancel and refund me the 2 months the charged and never got it back.
Similar situation here. plus they sent a repo company against me!!!

•••
Oh, okay!

Do you know registerars which have special offers for .com, net and .biz?
GoDaddy used to. But now days it seems that it's hard to purchase a mere idea, a concept, or an intangible entity without paying someone at least $10.

Back when I was a kid it was free to dream. Soon they'll be charging us for the air we breathe...

•••
i just regd one .com for 0.18 $

setup auto renew off. I'm free to transfer after 3 months to any registrar ;)

BTW: i don't recommend them to use for bulk domain reg...

•••
i just regd one .com for 0.18 $

setup auto renew off. I'm free to transfer after 3 months to any registrar ;)

BTW: i don't recommend them to use for bulk domain reg...

If that was with 1&1 don't believe anything they say. I had some names with them a few years ago and tried to renew them. I couldn't even access my account. I rang customer support; and they denied that I even had an account with them. They then sold the names to other people. Fortunately they weren't high value names; but as far as I'm concerned it's really shady practices.
It's also why I don't use Sedo much anymore because 1&1 have a large stake in them (about 42% I think).
Be careful.

Regards

Ralph.

•••
•••
Contact Uniregistry.com. they might offer you the best prices!

I pay less than $9 for .com renewals and transfers

•••
I had many domains (120 + ) at 1and1.
My strong recommendation = Avoid.
You can't modify and domain nameserver / auto renewal or any settings in bulk.
If you want to change nameservers for 10 domains, it will take at least 15 minutes if you are very fast!

•••
I reg my domains at 1and1 and never had probleem.
They are very cheap and during this sept and oct you reg 3 and pay only 2 domains.
The main problem is they forget sometimes to take money and begin to bother with unpaid billings.
So you have to read all emails they sent you and check if they really took money you paid them.
But i dont recommender their HOST
the transfer to another registar from 1and1 is free
but you have to read with attention every line before you reg something there and uncheck additional services, so you also have to cancell the automatic renewal.
If you check your account and domains renewal, you dont have any problem there.

ps: 1and1.es is cheaper then 1and1.com

Last edited:
•••
I reg my domains at 1and1 and never had probleem.
They are very cheap and during this sept and oct you reg 3 and pay only 2 domains.
The main problem is they forget sometimes to take money and begin to bother with unpaid billings.
So you have to read all emails they sent you and check if they really took money you paid them.
But i dont recommender their HOST
the transfer to another registar from 1and1 is free
but you have to read with attention every line before you reg something there and uncheck additional services, so you also have to cancell the automatic renewal.
If you check your account and domains renewal, you dont have any problem there.

ps: 1and1.es is cheaper then 1and1.com

Have you actually tried to renew any domains with them? and have you ever transferred any to another registrar?

Regards

Ralph.

•••
1and1 no longer allows multiple domains to be registered for discount 99 cents pricing. It's like GoDaddy now, 1 per customer. Not worth it to pay full price, there are much better options out there.

•••
Hi

I have many domains with 1&1 as I got a promo for all of them 3-4 months ago.

No free push. Transfer out is simple. Gets done automatically after 6 days once the transfer is agreed at both sides. I do transfer out daily. No issues. I am proud I chose 1&1 during that time for my bulk regs and didn't waste something like 8-10$ per name.

Thanks
DF

•••
Avoid big time. When I just started domaining back in 2012-2013 I registered few names with them, well guess what? They still hunt me down with renewal and put me on collection. Just recently they charged me without notice using my PayPal. So I opened a claim on PayPal against them and won it.

•••
@Ralph2472.
They late sometimes transfering domains to another registar.
And yes I had to renew enought domains with 1and1.
Everything was ok.

•••
People, the problem of 1and1 is too much automatization I think.
If you dont want to renewal, uncheck the renewal option and thats all.

•••
@Ralph2472.
They late sometimes transfering domains to another registar.
And yes I had to renew enought domains with 1and1.
Everything was ok.

It sounds as though you've been one of the lucky few. Another problem is when you want to sell your domains to another domainer, many will not want to deal through 1&1 and you could lose a sale. I recently wanted to bid on a domain name in auction; but when I checked WHOIS, I found it was registered at 1&1, and no matter how good a deal it was, I wouldn't buy it.
Good luck for the future.

Regards

Ralph.

•••
@Ralph2472,
I still dont understand.
If you wanted to bid a domain that was registered with 1and1, who could bother you to buy it and transfer to your registar?

•••
@Ralph2472,
I still dont understand.
If you wanted to bid a domain that was registered with 1and1, who could bother you to buy it and transfer to your registar?

Because I wouldn't trust 1&1 to do anything they say. They have already cost me the loss of all the domains I had registered with them. They even denied that I had ever had an account with them; so I will never have anything to do with them again.

Regards

Ralph.

•••
@Ralph2472,
Sorry, but you did something wrong, they cant deny you have account with them.
How you pay?
You have no proof of your payment?
Have no costumer number?

•••
@Ralph2472,
Sorry, but you did something wrong, they cant deny you have account with them.
How you pay?
You have no proof of your payment?
Have no costumer number?

On the contrary, I did nothing wrong. I tried to access my account to renew my domain names; but was unable to. I telephoned them, which is when they said I didn't have an account. they then sold the names I had registered to more than one other person. As the names were not of particularly great value, I didn't pursue the matter further. The above events took a couple of weeks to unfold.
There are many other NP members who have horror stories about 1&1 which is why they try to warn other people not to get caught.
So please don't try to tell me that I did something wrong, when you know nothing about it.

Regards

Ralph.

•••
I dont mean I dont believe you, but acept it is too strange the register loose the costumer account.
I also had a problem with 1and1 but only because of their "complete automatization".
They have a lot of bugs with payment system, sometimes late until 72 hours to answer my questions.
Twice I deleted domains but they countinued sending me billings, that I finally never paid.
I just ignored them thats all.
We also had a very bad discution, but finally I understood that I have to check and uncheck options in domain sector manager, because they always tell "it is the system, we cant already do nothing".

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back