IT.COM

1and1 hosting down?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I recently decided to look into 1and1 hosting and switch several of my full time blogs over to their accounts. They claim 99.9% greatness and uptime but over the last four days I've had 74% sever uptime.

74 freakin %

Right now I'm with netfirms which is kinda slow and doesn't run wordpress very well but I'm wondering if this is a normal occurance with 1and1.

I've read their tech support sucks but that they've got great deals on bandwidth and such and I read their usual server status is 99% good to go.

I can deal with the tech stuff myself but I can't fly to their servers and fix those for them too.

Anybody know anything about these punks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You should do some research before choosing a hosting company, 1and1 is known to be one of least reliable, albeit they are the largest in the world apparently

Here are many reviews from what seems to be their (ex)-customers http://webhostingjury.com/reviews/1and1

Best of luck

•••
1and1 have so many different servers and I think it was your bad luck or my good luck because It's more than 6 months I am using their service for 20 of my websites and I am monitoring it and it had something around just 5 minutes down time each month.

Also about one year ago I had exactly the opposite experience about another well-known and reliable hosting company !

Still after 8 years of working in this industry I couldn't find a reliable Shared Hosting service and I think it is kinda clear ! Because as long as it is shared, other people are using it on same server and they can cause problems for others.

•••
1and1 is the most reliable host I've ever seen.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back