IT.COM

advice 1800godaddy.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

bangswell

Established Member
Impact
I owned it a while back but man did I skrew up. I bought it through godaddy and I was so siked. I contacted godaddy and asked them if they wanted it from me. I figured hell they will make an offer and ill accept almost any. Well, that didnt happen. They flat out removed it from my account.

*What would have happened if I used register instead then contacted them?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hhhmmmm Iam not saying you guys are wrong.... Did I say that? Iam not being angry towards you......... You guys talk alot of smack. Your featured article is copyright infringement.

You think because Iam new on this site your above me in some kind of way. Dont worry fellas I wont make anymore posts. You also will never see me sell a domain for ten dollars either.I thought you guys were pros.

I see alot of bad domains for sale. Just sayin
Atleast those 10$ domains are not TM's. and mostly people tend to buy those for flipping.

•••
Read the fetured news.... inustrialheat.com
He bought a power companies name for 60 bucks and sold it for 22grand.... to them. He knew what he was doing. He bought their exact name. I didnt buy their exact name.

No disrespect , the featured article is exactly a contradiction of what you old timers are saying then. He beat a company to their own name. He was more blatant then what I did.
I mearly stumbled on to a 1800 number I liked. He took their exact name.

YOUR FEATURED ARTICLE IS COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT. LMAOOOOOOOOOO

"Industrial Heat" still isn't even trademarked... GoDaddy IS Trademarked... HUGE difference... Without a TM they need to prove that it is a long existing trade name and even then it can be hard (I'm no lawyer so talk to one if you want more info). He bought it when they were first getting funding so it wasn't even an established trade name at that point. They were dumb for not trademarking before coming public with the name and paid for that mistake. What you did was blatant cybersquatting of a known Trademark and is what makes domainers look bad...

Last edited:
•••
This turned out to be a pretty funny thread crazy how much back and forth happened. But in the end everyone else made valid points about trademark domains. You simply won't be able to get away with it and lucky they just simply removed it from your account instead of closing out and banning you all together. Pretty cool though how it was done 10 years ago. Wonder how many amazing names were still available back then.

I noticed you kept bringing up the Mikemann blog post about him selling the domain to the company. Well the difference is that company did not have a trademark on the name and they just felt they needed the domain. A good example is let's say 20 years ago you bought Google.com for some weird reason. Years later the company decides this is the best name for them, they want it so they pay you for it.

You got the domain before any type of company or trademark was establish. If you had that domain before Godaddy was establish it would be a different story.

- Will

•••
You guys are banning together against a common person chatting..... You dont know who your talking to and you dont know what ive accomplished.

Ive done nothing wrong I just think diffrent then you.
No man. You just dont think. Thats all ;)

•••
190088godaddy910008 is still available.

•••
Also available is
"goaheadandreganythingplusgodaddyavailablesinceyouarenotreadytotakecorrections.com"

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back