Domain Empire

13 ways I promoted my Blog to Success

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Today I wrote a post on my about my marketing techniques that I have been using with my blog for the past 6 months.

I launched Balkhis on Feb 1, 2008 and its 6 months old now. I think this website has grown tremendously. I have 538 subscribed readers via feedburner and numerous that are not subscribed. Balkhis has made me $1923.58 in the month of July from my older posts which contains Affiliate links and adsense. Affiliates were a big part of that income. Direct sales were low but affiliates dominated.

I wrote an ebook and got over 1000 downloads within 1.5 days.

Now do you wonder how did I do it?

Promoting your Blogs through Social Media
Stumbleupon
Digg
Entrecard
MyBlogLog
Twitter
Plurk
Promoting your Blog on Forums
Promoting your Blog on Blog Directories
Promoting your Blog through Giveaways
Promoting your blogh through Paid Advertising Campaigns
Promoting your Blog Locally
Promoting your Blog through Indirect Marketing
Promoting your Blog by commenting on others blog

This is just an outline. I have reviewed each of these methods and which one worked me for me. Which one I am still doing and which were the ones that I left behind.

The post itself is over 2500 words, so I am not going to post it here.

You can definately read it here.

If you like the post feel free to digg it, or add it to any other social bookmarks. Rep is kindly appreciated if it helped any of you guys.

If you guys have any more strategies that you have tried feel free to add it here.

Also if you use any of these techniques or have used it in the past how was your experience.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
hehe thanks Dr. Teeth good to know that I have great readers like you :)

•••
I've tried most of the tactics, yet still have minimum traffic. Would appreciate any thoughts?

•••
•••
good post and your blog balkhis.com is good.

•••
thanks for your promotion list it will work good

•••
Wow...great info on how you succeed promoting your blog. It gives me inspiration for my little blog that is sitting out there getting unnoticed. Thanks for the share.

•••
not all your above tips works for every site.
helpful though

•••
Thanks Will Give it a try Just Made a Blog

•••
Your website looks like a well decorated and well placed room to me. Everything was so neat and well placed that it gived comfort to eyes. Its reflecting what kind of human being you are.

With that you are also making your name a familiar one. Perfect marketing skill mate.

•••
what is plurk ? thats new to me ,,

•••
Very informative post you have there. And a very nice blog as well.

•••
thanks for the tips, everyone. always looking for more ways to drive traffic to the site.

•••
your experience is very effective and impressive, my blog have more than 110 creative articles, but get few traffic and income from them.

•••
When setting up your blog initially don't forget permalink settings and the wide array of plugins designed for SEO - for Wordpress anyways.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back