Dynadot

13 ways I promoted my Blog to Success

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Today I wrote a post on my about my marketing techniques that I have been using with my blog for the past 6 months.

I launched Balkhis on Feb 1, 2008 and its 6 months old now. I think this website has grown tremendously. I have 538 subscribed readers via feedburner and numerous that are not subscribed. Balkhis has made me $1923.58 in the month of July from my older posts which contains Affiliate links and adsense. Affiliates were a big part of that income. Direct sales were low but affiliates dominated.

I wrote an ebook and got over 1000 downloads within 1.5 days.

Now do you wonder how did I do it?

Promoting your Blogs through Social Media
Stumbleupon
Digg
Entrecard
MyBlogLog
Twitter
Plurk
Promoting your Blog on Forums
Promoting your Blog on Blog Directories
Promoting your Blog through Giveaways
Promoting your blogh through Paid Advertising Campaigns
Promoting your Blog Locally
Promoting your Blog through Indirect Marketing
Promoting your Blog by commenting on others blog

This is just an outline. I have reviewed each of these methods and which one worked me for me. Which one I am still doing and which were the ones that I left behind.

The post itself is over 2500 words, so I am not going to post it here.

You can definately read it here.

If you like the post feel free to digg it, or add it to any other social bookmarks. Rep is kindly appreciated if it helped any of you guys.

If you guys have any more strategies that you have tried feel free to add it here.

Also if you use any of these techniques or have used it in the past how was your experience.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
thanks for sharing this would help me in promoting my 200 blogs

•••
Well done - I'll check out your article - do you fancy promoting mine ? Which are the best performing affiliates ?

BTW : 'definitely' has two 'i's and no 'a's

•••
advaita said:
Well done - I'll check out your article - do you fancy promoting mine ? Which are the best performing affiliates ?

BTW : 'definitely' has two 'i's and no 'a's

thanks for the correction.

Best performing affiliates varies from different blogs and different niches. What might work on my blog might not work on yours. What work on someone else's blog, might not work on mine.

You have to experiment it out in picking the right advertiser.

•••
Hi,
You have very cool site. I visited your site several times and mentioned your site to some of my friends. Your themes and proxy site is very different from others. Very well designed.
Anywayz would you please tell me how marketed your proxy site? It has 1,864 backlinks in yahoo, mostly and in google 6 backlinks. How did you do that kind of marketing for your proxy site. Your help would be appreciated. How many uniques do you experience in your proxy site? What is the CTR and eCPM? How many clicks do you get for 1000 unique visitors?

Thanks in advance.

•••
dezine_gen said:
Hi,
You have very cool site. I visited your site several times and mentioned your site to some of my friends. Your themes and proxy site is very different from others. Very well designed.
Anywayz would you please tell me how marketed your proxy site? It has 1,864 backlinks in yahoo, mostly and in google 6 backlinks. How did you do that kind of marketing for your proxy site. Your help would be appreciated. How many uniques do you experience in your proxy site? What is the CTR and eCPM? How many clicks do you get for 1000 unique visitors?

Thanks in advance.

Hey I am glad you liked my themes and proxies but we are keeping this thread limited to only blog marketing.

I actually have written a post about proxies, so use the archives on my blog.

•••
nice lists btw, to add
you can take advantage of rss feed built in on blogs to do the promotion for you as well, you can submit to ping-o-matic

smub said:
Today I wrote a post on my about my marketing techniques that I have been using with my blog for the past 6 months.

I launched Balkhis on Feb 1, 2008 and its 6 months old now. I think this website has grown tremendously. I have 538 subscribed readers via feedburner and numerous that are not subscribed. Balkhis has made me $1923.58 in the month of July from my older posts which contains Affiliate links and adsense. Affiliates were a big part of that income. Direct sales were low but affiliates dominated.

I wrote an ebook and got over 1000 downloads within 1.5 days.

Now do you wonder how did I do it?

Promoting your Blogs through Social Media
Stumbleupon
Digg
Entrecard
MyBlogLog
Twitter
Plurk
Promoting your Blog on Forums
Promoting your Blog on Blog Directories
Promoting your Blog through Giveaways
Promoting your blogh through Paid Advertising Campaigns
Promoting your Blog Locally
Promoting your Blog through Indirect Marketing
Promoting your Blog by commenting on others blog

This is just an outline. I have reviewed each of these methods and which one worked me for me. Which one I am still doing and which were the ones that I left behind.

The post itself is over 2500 words, so I am not going to post it here.

You can definately read it here.

If you like the post feel free to digg it, or add it to any other social bookmarks. Rep is kindly appreciated if it helped any of you guys.

If you guys have any more strategies that you have tried feel free to add it here.

Also if you use any of these techniques or have used it in the past how was your experience.

•••
thanks for the suggestion weblord.

•••
Thanks for your tips, Hopefully this works on my 2 blogs. Thanks again on your post, looks like you took the time to write it :)

•••
gjvblack said:
Thanks for your tips, Hopefully this works on my 2 blogs. Thanks again on your post, looks like you took the time to write it :)

took more than 2 hours to write it.

•••
Thank you for a very informative post. There is obviously a lot of good information in there for anyone wanting to promote their blog.

I am pleased to see twitter mentioned in your post and the success you have had from it. Even though it suffers from technical problems or at least it has in the past...its a huge networking tool that a lot of people in this industry overlook.

•••
Syed that's one cool blog you got there. Great design.

•••
netzilla said:
Thank you for a very informative post. There is obviously a lot of good information in there for anyone wanting to promote their blog.

I am pleased to see twitter mentioned in your post and the success you have had from it. Even though it suffers from technical problems or at least it has in the past...its a huge networking tool that a lot of people in this industry overlook.

Yes twitter have too many technical issues thats why Plurk is my new recommendation ;)

•••
twitter needs more/better servers like myspace does. it's incredible how neglecting resources has turned so many people from myspace -> facebook and now twitter -> plurk.

•••
I see your point in the post about entrecard but i am heavily using entrecard right now and my traffic and rev on my blog have gone through the roof. Adsense is going crazy along with many affiliate links.

Like you said it depends on the niche and blog. Since not to many people know about domaining i think reading some of the stuff on my blog makes them interested and they click on the links. Thats an example of using a niche to your advantage. Plus i think this is the exact reason entrecard is doing well with my blog.

Tried twitter, dont like it at all. Maybe i will give Plurk a try

Stumbleupon's traffic is useless IMO. I get a couple thousand hits and hardly any of them stay on the site at all. Even if they do its a quick read they are off to the next site.

Digg is cool so long as you provide a great article that other people will like otherwise its useless cuz no one will find it.

•••
Is Entrecard in a sense like blogcatalog or mybloglog then?

@Ross and @smub - what are your thoughts on technorati?

•••
netzilla said:

@Ross and @smub - what are your thoughts on technorati?

Sorry havn't used any of those at all, just entrecard

•••
netzilla said:
blogcatalog is essentially the same as mybloglog (heck, even their widgets are practically twins). i'd say that they are glorified blog directories with some networking opportunities.

entrecard offers much more, and i would describe it as more of a beefed up click/visit exchange for blogs only. they have a currency called "entrecredits" that people use to buy/sell advertising on their blogs.

•••
Entrecard is a traffic exchange system Period. Now you can drop 300 cards every day and then others will drop on your site as well. Your traffic goes up true, but stop dropping cards and see how many will stay :)

•••
nice and informative post .. Thanks for sharing it

•••
AdSense dislike traffic from exchange systems. So I wonder how it would be using traffic from Entrecard. it is safe to use ?

•••
bluearrow said:
AdSense dislike traffic from exchange systems. So I wonder how it would be using traffic from Entrecard. it is safe to use ?

Sometimes you have to take one and leave one. In the beginning do you care to make money or get exposure.

Your adsense will get you a lower CTR thats all.

•••
Nice list of tasks! Looks very helpful! But i can't afford on paid advertising campaigns.. which looks effective yet still risky.

•••
There are alot more ways that are free so you don't need to spend alot of money.

•••
I am a regular reader at balkhis and will be, until i am alive in the blogging world ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back