Dynadot

discuss 13 Inquiries for one of my domain names in the last 48hrs.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello guys
I have received 13 Inquiries for one of my domain names within 48 hours at Uniregistry.
The domain name is 4 letters .us CVCV pattern.
When I have checked those Inquiries, I found that the buyer left an offer for $45k, so I have contacted the broker asking if it is real offer, he replied: No it won't be.
Any feedback with thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You have a buyer or inquiries? It looks like Uniregistry gave you your answer. Just hope for you all offers were not from the same user.

•••
You have a buyer or inquiries? It looks like Uniregistry gave you your answer. Just hope for you all offers were not from the same user.
This is the message
We have received an inquiry on ......us. We would appreciate it very much if you could provide us with an up-to-date price and verify that you are still the owner of this domain name.

•••
Think we had a crossed wire :) If it was real the red carpet would be out for you. That's a very high offer for a .us...

•••
Think we had a crossed wire :) If it was real the red carpet would be out for you. That's a very high offer for a .us...
I know that, but why 6 brokers contacted me regarding the same domain at the same time.

•••
I know that, but why 6 brokers contacted me regarding the same domain at the same time.

Maybe bc of the 13 inquiries? :)

There was one time that I also thought an offer was legitimate whereas the broker thought otherwise.
What I did was, I asked if I was free to contact the inquiring party directly bypassing the broker and he was fine with it.
Tried to contact the buyer, ...never heard back.
What I'm trying to say is, you may ask to do the same, just don't expect much as a response from the buyer.

•••
Uniregistry is full of fake inquiries. The broker said it all. Don't stress yourself

•••
Uniregistry is full of fake inquiries. The broker said it all. Don't stress yourself
I know, that's because anyone can make an offer without being a member there.
I think they should resolve that.

Last edited:
•••
There is no harm in getting in touch or marking a counter offer if you can for free

•••
I
I know, that's because anyone can make an offer without being a member there.
I think they should resolve that.
They are not ready for that . I moved my names away just because of this reason.

•••

Last edited:
•••
I have just received a message from the broker, that it was a confused inquiries.

•••
Did they tell you if the inquiries were meant for the same version of your name in a different extension or just a random error?

•••
Did they tell you if the inquiries were meant for the same version of your name in a different extension or just a random error?
No they didn't.

•••
uniregistry is up to some tricks I think

its the only registrar where I get regular spam emails from their supposed agents or reps.. with offers etc.. asking me if I need help moving domains to their registrar etc..

I already told them if I need something, I'll write you.. but they don't listen.

I wouldn't be suprised if this also happens in some ways.. fake offers etc.. at market level.

uniregistry seems desperate for money and clients. maybe this is why they team up so close each time with xyz.. another needy bunch.

cheers

•••
uniregistry is up to some tricks I think

its the only registrar where I get regular spam emails from their supposed agents or reps.. with offers etc.. asking me if I need help moving domains to their registrar etc..

I already told them if I need something, I'll write you.. but they don't listen.

I wouldn't be suprised if this also happens in some ways.. fake offers etc.. at market level.

uniregistry seems desperate for money and clients. maybe this is why they team up so close each time with xyz.. another needy bunch.

cheers
So, I think it is just wasting time.

•••
Sounds like too many uni brokers not enough commissions or domains to broker or leads to answer... especially if a dozen brokers from the same firm contact you about a name..then say it was a mistake. Something may be going on with the letters in your CVCV..I'd search around a bit.

•••
Sounds like too many uni brokers not enough commissions or domains to broker or leads to answer... especially if a dozen brokers from the same firm contact you about a name..then say it was a mistake. Something may be going on with the letters in your CVCV..I'd search around a bit.

It's partly about the settings you choose in your account.

They may have changed or they may be different if you got there via DomainNameSales.com, but you can set it to verify all client email addresses before proceeding. Also by default each enquiry goes to a random available broker, so three in a row from the same company go to different brokers. And you can set it to send names to a particular broker, or you can set names to be self-brokered in which case you handle it yourself and pay no commission.

I have had several offers there in the millions, I think those did not understand the currency because in their own currency that translated to hundreds of $ only.

Personally I like the fact people don't have to create an account to bid or enquire, that removes a barrier and lets people act on impulse.

And by the way the other day I got an offer in the millions on a domain that is not even listed for sale anywhere, looked like a drunk prank.

•••
Another uni-broker contacted me today regarding the same name, what's the matter? I didn't understand.

•••
This is exactly why I stopped using domainnamesales.

•••
Another uni-broker contacted me today regarding the same name, what's the matter? I didn't understand.
They are confused

•••

Normal. Every time an enquiry comes in it is randomly assigned to an available broker who contacts you - probably automatically - to confirm you own the domain and get your price. If you set a fixed price they do not contact you, they just reply to the potential buyer asking for an offer.

If you set the domains to self-brokered these enquiries come to you direct, not via a broker.

Last edited:
•••
just try to reach this end user with email or phone call to see if he's serious or not, good luck.

•••
It's partly about the settings you choose in your account.

They may have changed or they may be different if you got there via DomainNameSales.com, but you can set it to verify all client email addresses before proceeding. Also by default each enquiry goes to a random available broker, so three in a row from the same company go to different brokers. And you can set it to send names to a particular broker, or you can set names to be self-brokered in which case you handle it yourself and pay no commission.

I have had several offers there in the millions, I think those did not understand the currency because in their own currency that translated to hundreds of $ only.

Personally I like the fact people don't have to create an account to bid or enquire, that removes a barrier and lets people act on impulse.

And by the way the other day I got an offer in the millions on a domain that is not even listed for sale anywhere, looked like a drunk prank.

unfortunately it gets even nastier tghan just your settings. its like you no longer even get to decide what goes to broker or not.

after setting all my dn to self broker and still getting broker emails for inquiries after, I gave them a call to find out what is going on. and turns out they have in place a whole list of scenarios where even if you set to self broker, you still get broker handlign things.

all super confusing (even to them), and ranging from "it depends whether inquiring buyer's email is in our old databse of sales or not, then it goes to our broker"... to a few others.

i think uniregistry and their market and inquiry management is the biggest mess of all auction sites. jmo

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back