Dynadot

REQ-LOGO $125 Logo Contest! We May Choose 2 Winners

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've held 4 successful Logo contests and paid quickly.

This contest has 2 Logo options to choose from. The winner may choose the strategy of only submitting a very good Logo #1 OR a very good logo #2. Logo #1 & Logo #2 are the primary focus so, for example, if you choose to only submit one logo and win for Logo #2, we'll select a 2nd winner that made the best Logo #1 (hopefully one of the 2 winners will have submitted an entry for logo #3 which is the afterthought of this contest).

It's not against the rules to submit all 3 but doubtful anyone will.
Logo #3 Now Closed, Eric Won
Those that submit Logo #3 will have a shot at a consolation prize of $30 if your entry for logo #3 is chosen.

Prize: $125 USD Grand Prize paid via Paypal upon receipt of the winning files. We reserve the right to choose 2 winners in the case that two different Designers win separately for Logo #1 & Logo #2. Please see the detailed rules in the intro above.
Type of Contest: 3 Logos to choose from. Please see the detailed rules in the intro above.
Company Name: HostHeroes.com, Connecticut Western, & Panther
Deadline: 12/27/20 at 11:59pm. We reserve the right to end this contest early if an incredible entry comes in.
Color: Open to various color schemes but the male superhero should include a shade of red in the costume. The female superhero may use any color scheme.
Size Requirements: .psd / Vector / PNG. The winner will need to provide the layered logo image on a transparent background.
Number of Entries: If interested in participating, you may submit as many entries as you desire.

1) Logo #1 - HostHeroes.com -
Suggested Format:
(Superhero drawing)
HostHeroes.com
Heroic Support

A webhosting company to use a superhero logo with a Caucasian male hero (please use some red in his costume) and an African American female hero pictured together to be placed at HostHeroes.com. Or use a helmet & full body suit to make their race unknown.
Please include this tagline on your logo (perhaps below?):
"Heroic Support"

The goal for this site would be that it would eventually be as amazing as this one: https://monster-tamer.com/ (If you know how to build a site as cool as that one using WordPress, please private message your price & details.)

To get your creative juices flowing, I saved my favorite original superheroes to this Pinterest Board: https://www.pinterest.com/timothybjones90/original-superheroes/

(Please notice that the male & female pictured together below is poor quality art but included below to show that we desire to have a male and female superhero pictured together.)

2) Logo #2 - Connecticut Western News -
Suggested Format:
(Logo art incorporated with/beside name?)
Connecticut Western News
CTWest.com Northwest Corner

(Online Newspaper) to be placed at: http://ctwest.com/
Please include this tagline on your logo (perhaps below?):
"CTWest.com Northwest Corner"

The winner of this logo will use web 2.0 format (the other 2 logos do not need to be in web 2.0). One option is to play into the "Country Western" theme to make the word "Western" fun? Open to your idea to make this logo special. This news site will cover the Northwest Corner of Connecticut - sparsely populated with rolling hills, trees & rivers. Very pastoral. The current logo & name will be replaced by yours.

Here are two Newspaper logos I like. The brown color is bad but this logo is visually striking:
https://99designs.com/profiles/byx888/designs/1082861

I like this 2nd logo for its great use of web 2.0 & nice Color contrast:
https://99designs.com/profiles/diwaz/designs/73439

-----------------------------
Logo #3 Now Closed, Eric won
Suggested Format:
(Panther art)
Panther (stylized font as attached)

Attachments

• Green Panther logo with text.png
    Green Panther logo with text.png
    81.9 KB · Views: 304
  • Man and Woman hero.jpg
    Man and Woman hero.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 270
  • Very Cool Red hero.png
    Very Cool Red hero.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 272
  • Monster Tamer Hosting.jpg
    Monster Tamer Hosting.jpg
    298 KB · Views: 311
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello,

I come to present my entry for the second logo.

I've tried to incorporate a newspaper into the Beckley Furnace building.

ctXb2Fj.jpg

0HnC8m0.jpg

Feedback appreciated, thank you!

•••
Good work on Logo #1 Eric, the male superhero. The smile is the perfect fix & does look more inviting.
More feedback for logo #2 late tonight to early morning.

Thanks for the feedback

#1 - Superheroes - Revised Males face, hair, brown eyes, cape color, re-illustrated nose and mouth, went with a larger smile showing teeth to make him more inviting and friendly.
Show attachment 177038

#2 - News Site - Revised Logo with trees, hills, and stream
Show attachment 177039

#2A - News Site - Revised social header with border
Show attachment 177040

Feedback Appreciated

•••
Thanks for entering Bing bang!

Happy to give feedback. Please try again at the pattern on the side of the Beckley Furnace. It looks like this:
https://landmarkhunter.com/195064-beckley-furnace/

I'd like to see someone try the "Country Western" theme for this logo. If you're up to it, hang a cowboy hat on the "W" of "Western." Maybe some spurs somewhere. Perhaps a lasso or cowboy?

Thanks

Hello,

I come to present my entry for the second logo.

I've tried to incorporate a newspaper into the Beckley Furnace building.

ctXb2Fj.jpg

0HnC8m0.jpg

•••
Thanks for entering Bing bang!

Happy to give feedback. Please try again at the pattern on the side of the Beckley Furnace. It looks like this:
https://landmarkhunter.com/195064-beckley-furnace/

I'd like to see someone try the "Country Western" theme for this logo. If you're up to it, hang a cowboy hat on the "W" of "Western." Maybe some spurs somewhere. Perhaps a lasso or cowboy?

Thanks

Thank you for your feedback!
I saw how the Beckley Furnace building looks like, but I've tried to combine the shape of it with the shape of a newspaper.

I've imagined the newspaper something like this (the interior):
logo

•••
Here's a more country approach to #2

#2 - News site
6.png

#2a - Social Header
6a.png

•••
Ok understood Bing Bang. For me, this pattern you chose on the Beckely Furnace doesn't work because it looks like an American flag.
Thank you

I saw how the Beckley Furnace building looks like, but I've tried to combine the shape of it with the shape of a newspaper.

I've imagined the newspaper something like this (the interior):
logo

•••
•••

Here is another attempt based on your feedback:

HcqqycX.jpg

Api1EG3.jpg

•••
Thanks for joining Fihri! You joined the right contest for Logo #2 which is still wide-open. I don't LOVE any of the entries yet for Logo #2 so anyone could pull this off.

Feedback: I need more, a bit too simple of a design. Albeit, you did a good interesting design with those colors. I like how it's starting.

Instead please use the Beckely Furnace because it's in the same town as we're based in. It means more.

Last edited:
•••
This is my favorite from you Bing Bang. Can you give me a little more on this one? Throw in the Beckely Furnace, a few hills and a river?

Here is another attempt based on your feedback:

HcqqycX.jpg

Api1EG3.jpg

Last edited:
•••
This below is your best on Logo #2. I like it but don't love it. I asked on twitter and here's the feedback from others which I agree with:

Ian Lamont 藍毅恩
Replying:
"I would try it without the trees. I think the mountains and river are enough to give people the idea of the landscape."

He's Right, no trees please.
2) Please reverse the two hills touching the Furnace so the red hill touches the black side & black hill touches the red side.
3) When the trees are gone maybe slide the river right so it runs from between the two hills.

Thanks for the feedback

#1 - Superheroes - Revised Males face, hair, brown eyes, cape color, re-illustrated nose and mouth, went with a larger smile showing teeth to make him more inviting and friendly.
Show attachment 177038

#2 - News Site - Revised Logo with trees, hills, and stream
Show attachment 177039

#2A - News Site - Revised social header with border
Show attachment 177040

Feedback Appreciated

Last edited:
•••
•••
This below is your best on Logo #2. I like it but don't love it. I asked on twitter and here's the feedback from others which I agree with:

Ian Lamont 藍毅恩
Replying:
"I would try it without the trees. I think the mountains and river are enough to give people the idea of the landscape."

He's Right, no trees please.
2) Please reverse the two hills touching the Furnace so the red hill touches the black side & black hill touches the red side.
3) When the trees are gone maybe slide the river right so it runs from between the two hills.
#2 - News Site - Revised
7.png

#2a - Revised
7a.png

•••
That is quite an improvement Eric. Less cluttered without trees. I'll ask again to the wife and Twitter to seek feedback. I appreciate your speed.

This Logo #2 contest is giving me trouble figuring out how to give feedback to find the right design. I don't know exactly how to improve them but I'm looking to fall in love with a design.

#2 - News Site - Revised
Show attachment 177138

#2a - Revised
Show attachment 177139

•••
#2 - Different western direction

8.png

Last edited:
•••
This is my favorite from you Bing Bang. Can you give me a little more on this one? Throw in the Beckely Furnace, a few hills and a river?

Here is my revision:

jDuDehc.jpg

•••
here another one:
logo-22.jpg

•••
Thanks Fihri & happy holidays!

This is an improvement upon your last one. I need more of something, maybe more colors? Maybe add a river between your hills or something else?

Not sure what's needed, the Logo #2 contest is giving me trouble.

here another one:Show attachment 177174

Last edited:
•••
Dear Bing Bang,

Happy Holidays!

You did well at the mountains & River Bing Bang. This version puts you in the top 2 contenders against Eric's Logo #2.

Here is my revision:

jDuDehc.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Dear Eric,

Happy Holidays!

You're non-cowboy version is one of the two contenders right now, a tie between you and Bing Bang for first.

The one below is not as good as your non-cowboy one.

#2 - Different western direction

Show attachment 177144

Last edited:
•••
This is another type of logos
logo-3.jpg

•••
Thank you Fihri. I don't love it but also don't dislike it. I appreciate that you tried something new.
1) The round logo is creative but doesn't work for this project.
2) I'm kind if looking for a very professional logo that carries the legitimacy to convey that this news site is important. Please notice what I attached below to see an example of a header that carries the weight of a professional news header. People see that and take that news seriously.

This is another type of logosShow attachment 177315

Attachments

• IMG_20201220_172549.jpg
    IMG_20201220_172549.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 158
•••
As a reminder, this contest closes Tonight (Sunday) at midnight. Logo Contests #1 & #2 are open for contestants.

Logo contest #2 is wide-open with no logos that I love. I'm looking for a very professional Logo #2 that conveys that this news site is professional and legitimate. Sort of like what you see attached below.

If you make a detailed Superhero Logo #1, you have a chance to win this .

You don't have to make both logos, just make either Logo #2 or Logo #1

Good luck!

Attachments

• IMG_20201220_172549.jpg
    IMG_20201220_172549.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
•••
•••
Thank you Diana, getting closer.

Please compare the level of detail of the Superheros I have linked here with yours:
https://www.pinterest.com/timothybjones90/original-superheroes/

We're looking for fully detailed superheros ready to star in their own comic strip. They will literally star in their own 3 panel rotating comic strip at the top of our site. We need them bigger and fully detailed because these aren't just logos, these are fully detailed Superheros.

The girl is close but needs more details. Best to remove the male's face and start again. His ears look like they stick out and his nose looks too large for his face.

Thanks for the progress you made.
Added some more details and re-did the male's face. :)

file

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back