domains $117,500 buyer of Almi.com revealed

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Back in August Namepros member @lambo.com (ASZ.com) announced the $117,500 sale of Almi.com. Almi.com was acquired from BuyDomains for $3,475 back on 9-5-2018. The domain name is now developed and it’s focused on providing financial services in the Caribbean. From their about us page: The domain name moved to 101Domain is registered out til 2030.

Continue Reading

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Buyer got a really good deal for this name.

•••
•••
Nice; i love their website and i’m not from there

Last edited:
•••
Buyer got a really good deal for this name.
Why would you say that?
Is it because buyer is loaded, or the inherent value if the name?

I am not saying I don't agree with you. I just want to understand why it was a good deal.
Because I would have priced it at around 20K on Squadhelp and have left 80k on the table duh!!!!!`

•••
wow, that's 114k increase in only two years, that's a hell of a win for the seller

•••
Why would you say that?
Is it because buyer is loaded, or the inherent value if the name?

I am not saying I don't agree with you. I just want to understand why it was a good deal.
Because I would have priced it at around 20K on Squadhelp and have left 80k on the table duh!!!!!`

Not all 4L's are the same and how you or me price names is not the marker of a names potential value. Why pick on this 4L? Go to the sold section of this forum and tell me what you would have priced most of the names sold for 3k+? 200? Let them drop?

Almi is a 250k name, but almost all domains of value will take a long time to sell because it takes a long time for the right buyer with money to think of a name and go for it.

I would say almost every domainer undersells their names because we feel that no offer on a name for many years means the domain is worth a lot less than we think. THIS IS A SERIOUS MISTAKE (if you have a quality name).

It takes time for their to be a collision between someone with money in love with a name and the name holder. If you buy a name with the goal of selling it quickly for a lot of money you will almost ALWAYS be disappointed.

This same problem happens to investors of other assets that do not always move much for many years. And in those cases too, only a few make money because the rest are restless.

In stocks you could sit on a company that is quality for a long time but there is very little movement in the stock. If you know the team behind the company is good and their business is stable and they keep trying, you know there is a chance that sooner or later they will do well with something and there will be a big move. (Summed up a few chapters for you from the Intelligent Investor).

If you buy real estate in an area that is good but there is no movement in the market to the upside and there is no decline in quality of life in that area etc. You could jump away and sell or you could know that sooner or later given the population growth and the rising cost in other markets, your area will rise a lot once it develops more and people move to it. But this takes time, the rewards are usually really good.

Domains are even more like the above examples. It takes time, a lot of time, but compared to other investments, you spend nothing holding on to a good domain asset. Obviously if you are a unrealistic gambler you will continue renewing all your junk names and demand silly prices for them, but if you have been around long enough and you learned to let go of junk, you will have a very nice tight portfolio, allowing you to comfortably hold and wait for the right buyer.

We are right now experiencing extreme cash injections in all parts of economies especially into tech. You could decide to be the scared peasant asking for pocket change for a valuable asset, or you could price things accordingly and have confidence in your goods.

PS worth repeating, everything I just said only applies to high quality names. If you have low end names sell it. Most will pick a quality name in another extension over a low end .com. The sooner you part with low end inventory, the faster you could focus on quality.

•••
•••
Not all 4L's are the same and how you or me price names is not the marker of a names potential value. Why pick on this 4L? Go to the sold section of this forum and tell me what you would have priced most of the names sold for 3k+? 200? Let them drop?

Almi is a 250k name, but almost all domains of value will take a long time to sell because it takes a long time for the right buyer with money to think of a name and go for it.

I would say almost every domainer undersells their names because we feel that no offer on a name for many years means the domain is worth a lot less than we think. THIS IS A SERIOUS MISTAKE (if you have a quality name).

It takes time for their to be a collision between someone with money in love with a name and the name holder. If you buy a name with the goal of selling it quickly for a lot of money you will almost ALWAYS be disappointed.

This same problem happens to investors of other assets that do not always move much for many years. And in those cases too, only a few make money because the rest are restless.

In stocks you could sit on a company that is quality for a long time but there is very little movement in the stock. If you know the team behind the company is good and their business is stable and they keep trying, you know there is a chance that sooner or later they will do well with something and there will be a big move. (Summed up a few chapters for you from the Intelligent Investor).

If you buy real estate in an area that is good but there is no movement in the market to the upside and there is no decline in quality of life in that area etc. You could jump away and sell or you could know that sooner or later given the population growth and the rising cost in other markets, your area will rise a lot once it develops more and people move to it. But this takes time, the rewards are usually really good.

Domains are even more like the above examples. It takes time, a lot of time, but compared to other investments, you spend nothing holding on to a good domain asset. Obviously if you are a unrealistic gambler you will continue renewing all your junk names and demand silly prices for them, but if you have been around long enough and you learned to let go of junk, you will have a very nice tight portfolio, allowing you to comfortably hold and wait for the right buyer.

We are right now experiencing extreme cash injections in all parts of economies especially into tech. You could decide to be the scared peasant asking for pocket change for a valuable asset, or you could price things accordingly and have confidence in your goods.

PS worth repeating, everything I just said only applies to high quality names. If you have low end names sell it. Most will pick a quality name in another extension over a low end .com. The sooner you part with low end inventory, the faster you could focus on quality.
One of the best things I've read on this forum!! Somewhere in Rick's archives is the title "Domaining is a SLOW dance."

•••

so you'd only be looking for $1-2k reseller price on this? in that case, if you have some 4L.com's for sale I would like to take a look 👀

•••
so you'd only be looking for $1-2k reseller price on this? in that case, if you have some 4L.com's for sale I would like to take a look 👀
Just because I price something at 20K retail doesn't mean I will wholesale all names for 10%.

I was asking why he feels this was an undersell at 117K because I didn't see the obvious reason. I was asking if he saw something special, or was it because now he knows the buyer.

•••
To think Limit dot com sold for just 120k ...I think LOL

Last edited:
•••
What makes it a 250k name? What if it were Albi or Alni for instance? Or Aymi or Aybi?

I’m genuinely curious what you base your valuation on, for two reasons. One we discussed earlier regarding my appraisal site, but the other is because I have a 4-letter pronounceable .com in my portfolio that is priced to sell at $20k but now I worry it might be undervalued by a lot.

I don’t want to be leaving money on the table if there’s $200k extra I could be asking for.

•••
What makes it a 250k name? What if it were Albi or Alni for instance? Or Aymi or Aybi?

I’m genuinely curious what you base your valuation on, for two reasons. One we discussed earlier regarding my appraisal site, but the other is because I have a 4-letter pronounceable .com in my portfolio that is priced to sell at $20k but now I worry it might be undervalued by a lot.

I don’t want to be leaving money on the table if there’s $200k extra I could be asking for.
Blogspotter already touched on such principles... @AEProgram didn’t touch

•••

Really good question, but first answer this. You have two luxury cars with comparable design and technical qualities. Without knowing more, you could say they're equal cars. Why is car A priced at $23,999 and car B at $180,000? Is it smarter to price the car at $23,999 or are they leaving money on the table? Perhaps they have the most sales, best turnover rate, and most profits.

Last edited:
•••
Really good question, but first answer this. You have two luxury cars with comparable design and technical qualities. Without knowing more, you could say they're equal cars. Why is car A priced at $23,999 and car B at $180,000? Is it smarter to price the car at $23,999 or are they leaving money on the table? Perhaps they have the most sales, best turnover rate, and most profits.
Which car is Tesla ?

•••

Spot on

•••
So... the value of the domain is because Bob Jones from TopDomainSellers co said it is?

•••
So... the value of the domain is because Bob Jones from TopDomainSellers co said it is?

I'm just saying that there are lots of different strategies that lead to a good income from domaining.

•••
•••
•••
I'm just saying that there are lots of different strategies that lead to a good income from domaining.
I agree, but there's a substantial difference between an income of $20k and $240k. I'm just trying to understand what that might be down to.

I understand that not every 4L dot com has the same value. XYHJ.com isn't worth as much as TOLL.com or WISE.com for instance. But that's because TOLL and WISE are recognisable words. Does the word ALMI mean something in the Caribbean? Otherwise it's just a collection of letters that can be pronounced, like my domain is.

Almi.com sold for $3,475 in 2018. So somewhere between then and now, these four letters became multiple times more valuable.

•••
•••
I agree, but there's a substantial difference between an income of $20k and $240k. I'm just trying to understand what that might be down to.

I understand that not every 4L dot com has the same value. XYHJ.com isn't worth as much as TOLL.com or WISE.com for instance. But that's because TOLL and WISE are recognisable words. Does the word ALMI mean something in the Caribbean? Otherwise it's just a collection of letters that can be pronounced, like my domain is.

Almi.com sold for $3,475 in 2018. So somewhere between then and now, these four letters became multiple times more valuable.

It's no hard science, and on your site (congrats) you will have people with several strategies colliding. This is not a bad thing, as long as the pragmatic people and the dreamers all give an exhaustive statement on how they're doing business. All insights are welcome, but I think you'll come across the same problems as on this forum in the appraisal sections.

•••
It's no hard science, and on your site (congrats) you will have people with several strategies colliding. This is not a bad thing, as long as the pragmatic people and the dreamers all give an exhaustive statement on how they're doing business. All insights are welcome, but I think you'll come across the same problems as on this forum in the appraisal sections.
Math ahead of science nevertheless

•••
Back