Dynadot

discuss 10x Your Money In Domains Or Crypto Currency?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
A lot of domain investors also invest in crypto currency it seems as of late. I usually feel pretty confident that a domain I carefully acquire today will be a 10x+ my investment including holding time. If say, I were to buy bitcoin today, is it feasible that i would get 10x my money?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Don't forget guys saylor moon and other minning CEO'S had a meeting with elon and begged him to make a "Green Bitcoin initiative " tweet few days back

One man or you can easily say 2 tweets market haha

•••
Guys, I am so great. In fact I am working on a crypto 9.0 project.
3.0. LOL

Brad

Let's see in 2014 I wrote the book Bitcoin Algorithm explaining it was a toy and from the NSA, and the NSA has used my prime algorithm for decades.

https://1ebooks.com/books/product/bitcoin-algorithm/

So for 7 years I've been saying Cryto 1.0 is too slow 7tps it's crap, but crypto 2.0 will be better than Visa and eventually Crypto 3.0 will rule the world

Who are you? No one really

I'm a big deal in crypto and yeah, I own a bunch of domains since 1995 like I bought bitcoin in 2010 at $5

What have you done?

NOTHING

•••
Let's see in 2014 I wrote the book Bitcoin Algorithm explaining it was a toy and from the NSA, and the NSA has used my prime algorithm for decades.

So for 7 years I've been saying Cryto 1.0 is too slow 7tps it's crap, but crypto 2.0 will be better than Visa and eventually Crypto 3.0 will rule the world

I'm a big deal in crypto and yeah, I own a bunch of domains since 1995 like I bought bitcoin in 2010 at $5

What have you done?

NOTHING

You are some random dude posting nonsense on NamePros about time travel. (y)

Brad

Last edited:
•••

What have you done?

NOTHING

You have done Great but just in money launderers scammers and terrorists only payment option aka bitcoin etc

Last edited:
•••
You have done Great but just in money launderers scammers and terrorists only payment option aka bitcoin etc

Wall street is into crypto now kiddo

You're clueless on crypto

•••
Neither i would love 10x my money in money

•••
Cryptocurrency I can sell today, domains I cannot. The value of both is unstable. Given domains or bitcoin I would choose bitcoin (even in the current climate).

•••
The global economy is only 100 trillion a year, the wealth of the world is only 360 trillion

What part of 2.5 Trillion in crypto market cap don't you get? It's not a few thousand it's millions of people and now the biggest financial institutions

The total USD Cash is less than crypto market's cap, that is how big it is, the big domain name news is if some crap name sells for 20K or 30K, everyday billions in crypto is traded on exchanges

I can take any bitcoin token and buy 99.99% of any domains with just 1 coin

Only a few domains would fetch 20 btc tokens

Now crypto has their own domains, they run outside of ICANN

haha

Soon a domain name will be a thing of the past like a yellow pages book for looking up phone numbers

Crypto is the new tech, if you are an investor, you're a fool to put money into domains today, I'm liquidating most of my domains, I got a ton of cryto and that's all I see in the future is crypto

Here's $3000 in free crypto fracti.org it's a social coin there will soon be TRILLIONS Of them, zero speculation in the coin, anyone can register and get $3000 of them, then they can buy an NFT from a famous artist and resell the NFT on the big NFT marketplaces for whatever they want, then exit into whatever they want to hold, other crypto, fiat, whatever

You know how long it takes domains to sell, forever, the buyer for a decent price is very, very limited, an end user

In crypto, you take a coin to an exchange and sell it for what the market is instantly

Domains are not liquid, crypt is

Here's a domain Attorneys.limited I dare someone to make me an offer here, it has zero liquidity and yet to millions of lawyers it's an easy sale, probably 10K real fast, 100K if I take payments 1k a month, so there's a solid domain, a huge industry the legal industry, I got a bunch of these, no liquidity at all

attorneys.limited
attorneys.credit
attorney.credit
attorneys.associates
attorneys.partners

lawyers.credit
lawyers.associates
lawyers.partners

So if any domains had value, these do

Millions of end users
High wealth industry
Mega Billion buck industry

Do any domain guys see value in them? No

Now if these were bitcoin or ethereum, I could take to many exchanges, instantly convert into cash

If I bought bitcoin right, I have it for $5 bucks which is when I started getting bitcoin in 2010
If I bought ETH right 6 years ago it was $2

You could of bought either coin last year cheap

2021 is the year of crypto, it isn't going anywhere, it's liquid and there's a bunch of great new projects, I own two crypto projects

Guess what, I'm liquidating 99% of my domains, only keeping a few, the rest are not worth my time

Why should I put any time into a dead industry, the growth and new wealth is in crypto

I mint NFT's all day, I give away millions in new coins every day, the reason, obtaining market share, users

I took a crypto site from no alexa to 100K range alexa in 100 days, it's only a matter of time before an exchange stakes it for trade

Then I'm a mega billionaire with crypto

haha

Domains had their day, like a remote controlled tube TV, it's old, you don't need it today

Billions in crypto daily traded, most exchanges are not even on a .com

.io
.app
.network
.anything but .com

So all you experts in domains missed it, you totally missed crypto

CryptoExchange.exchange one of my keep assets
BitcoinExchange.exchange one of my keep assets

Crypto is a science it's math based, the NSA used my math for decades for it's encrytion

bitcoins.science

The domain name game has changed and now with .eth and .crypto the whole need for a domain name controlled by ICANN is moot

The future belongs to crypto not domain names

1domainnames.com I'm selling it, I need some more eth to mint NFT's
How about
DomainNames.exchange

Either is a brand name and you know what all the domain name investors here, won't offer one cent for them, since they believed the crap from Schilling and Swartz all these years

Let's see Schilling sold 350K domains for a lousy 80 million

That's 200 bucks a name Frank got

haha

Words to the wise, dump your domains and get some ETH, when 2.0 hits this summer, eth overtakes BTC in dominances of market cap

ETH will be 25K TPS from 25TPS it is now, visa is only 17K TPS and Bitcoin crawls at 7 TPS

Not one guy here knows what TPS is without googling it, since there's no real crypto guys here except for me

Domains are worthless compared to crypto, 2.5 Trillion market cap crypto, billions traded a day

Look at the numbers for domains, nothing really

Anyone picking domains over crypto has no idea what is happening in the world and technology right now

Having made more money in crypto than domains. I agree with you, sir.

If you buy 1000 domains, not every domain will sell.

If you buy 1000 bitcoin, every single one will sell.

90% of domainers lose because it requires buying and paying renewals until you finally make a sail maybe 2 - 5 years later. Some people hodl for 10 years.

You buy bitcoin year 1, by year 2 or 3 it's already probably doubled in price.

There's a risk in crypto that it might crash forever. Same risk for domaining if they simply release something that people will use more than domains.

To get mediocre into domaining now, you have to spend $xxx to $x,xxx to buy a premium name that you have to hodl for at least 2 years to sell for probably only mid-$x,xxx to low $xx,xxx. That requires a lot more than just going on an exchange and spending $x,xxx. You have to do research, hawk auctions... some people even outbound... pay renewals... create landers... etc. etc....

•••
Having made more money in crypto than domains. I agree with you, sir.

If you buy 1000 domains, not every domain will sell.

If you buy 1000 bitcoin, every single one will sell.

90% of domainers lose because it requires buying and paying renewals until you finally make a sail maybe 2 - 5 years later. Some people hodl for 10 years.

You buy bitcoin year 1, by year 2 or 3 it's already probably doubled in price.

There's a risk in crypto that it might crash forever. Same risk for domaining if they simply release something that people will use more than domains.

To get mediocre into domaining now, you have to spend $xxx to $x,xxx to buy a premium name that you have to hodl for at least 2 years to sell for probably only mid-$x,xxx to low $xx,xxx. That requires a lot more than just going on an exchange and spending $x,xxx. You have to do research, hawk auctions... some people even outbound... pay renewals... create landers... etc. etc....

You're right. Domain investing takes skill and a plan to succeed, especially now.

Unless you can invent a time machine the options are basically to invest in crypto with massive run ups in the last few months (even after massive pullbacks), stupid shitcoin scams that have been around for weeks or months, or meme "investments" based on the flavor of the day that Reddit or Elon Musk is pumping.

I would not call a lot of this stuff investing. It is more financial engineering and gambling.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
You have to do research, hawk auctions... some people even outbound... pay renewals... create landers... etc. etc....

Please dont take this a dig towards you or anyone - your statement reflects the realty (of the moment, this is not the norm long term) & got me thinking.

Back to the quote: That would (in normal times) be considered reasonable work to be successful. What the concern that market"s" (crypto + stock) are showing is that the economy is not working as it HAS to in order for the normal of $ making returns.

I like crypto, made plenty of $ with it & believe in its future - for the record. But, I am not sure it is fair to compare the 2.

IMO crypto will offer (a handful - outside the whales who manupliate) the lucky or smart lottery and leave some rich.

Domaining is essentially an aspect of business branding & although isnt a quick hit at riches - smart investing, over time, with minimal risk (if well "educated" in the basics of domain value) at a long term, repeatable, expandable business.

buying and holding crypto is a good investment IMO, but not a business that keeps me working all week.

I think they both offer great opportunities & they both hit that same "hunter" part of a domainer's mind.

HAHAHAH

best of luck to all - only additional thing to consider is - take some of that profit with crypto or names & buy yourself a little bit of gold or silver before it gets too expensive.

Last edited:
•••
Ive 10x in cryptocurrency in a day, although it's harder to do that with a a domain, cryptocurrency investing it's not as fun or rewarding as domain investing.

•••
Ive 10x in cryptocurrency in a day, although it's harder to do that with a a domain, cryptocurrency investing it's not as fun or rewarding as domain investing.

I've 1000x my bets on a crap table in two rolls lots of times

Bitcoin was a 10kX play if you got in 10 years ago which I did

ETH was a 2kX play just 6 years in

Now the play is Minting NFT

Since my art is in museums

I can mint a 1/1 of a 30 year old painting in a museum and instantly it's worth millions in the world of NFTs

Domains are child's play

Owning new crypto projects is fun

Minting NFTs as a famous artist is the best

Domains yawn

•••
Please dont take this a dig towards you or anyone - your statement reflects the realty (of the moment, this is not the norm long term) & got me thinking.

Back to the quote: That would (in normal times) be considered reasonable work to be successful. What the concern that market"s" (crypto + stock) are showing is that the economy is not working as it HAS to in order for the normal of $ making returns.

I like crypto, made plenty of $ with it & believe in its future - for the record. But, I am not sure it is fair to compare the 2.

IMO crypto will offer (a handful - outside the whales who manupliate) the lucky or smart lottery and leave some rich.

Domaining is essentially an aspect of business branding & although isnt a quick hit at riches - smart investing, over time, with minimal risk (if well "educated" in the basics of domain value) at a long term, repeatable, expandable business.

buying and holding crypto is a good investment IMO, but not a business that keeps me working all week.

I think they both offer great opportunities & they both hit that same "hunter" part of a domainer's mind.

HAHAHAH

best of luck to all - only additional thing to consider is - take some of that profit with crypto or names & buy yourself a little bit of gold or silver before it gets too expensive.

Guess you don't get NFTs it's a full time job

If you had 2 million 6 years ago invested in $2 ETH you are a multi billionaire now

Now you got a whale wallet

You create a NFT platform

You buy a few NFTs from broke artists

You give them $100 in eth tokens from 2016 now worth $100k +

The broke artist jumps up n down like a monkey on a leash praising you for changing their life with $100 in 2016 ETH

Your platform marketplace for NFTs grows

You get suckers like mcuban to pony up mega millions to Defi your nft platform

If you found crypto boring you
A. Don't have NFTs
B. Didn't get into it early
C. Have no clue how the game is really played

•••

I too have done 10x+ in a day with cryptocurrencies with that in mind I think both domains and cryptocurrencies have their own potential when done with good research by finding values before investing on them.

According to me one must create both short term and long term plans for both domaining and cryptocurrencies(NFT's included) to make good money of them.

All the best to make money on both domaining and cryptocurrencies.

•••
I too have done 10x+ in a day with cryptocurrencies with that in mind I think both domains and cryptocurrencies have their own potential when done with good research by finding values before investing on them.

According to me one must create both short term and long term plans for both domaining and cryptocurrencies(NFT's included) to make good money of them.

All the best to make money on both domaining and cryptocurrencies.

There is no long term plan to NFTs

You either mint

Or you're a sucker/investor

It's like bitcoin

A crap crypto limited to 7tps and created in the NSA think tank to trap drug dealers n terrorists

NFTs are the same NSA con game like bitcoin

The NSA created the con game domain name investing too

NetSol first registrar way back
Went public for billions
Who benefitted?
Parent company SAIC
That's CIA's backwards
Look at their board of directors in the 1990's all ex NSA big shots
Lol

Domain name game
Invented by the NSA

Bitcoin created in NSA tank
It's crypto crappy Koblitz curve theory
Neal Koblitz NSA spook since the 60's

Who sits on board of Ethereum?
Neal Koblitz

Domains
Bitcoins
Ethereum

It's all NSA psyops

NFTs haha

Here's a digital file
Anyone can copy
Yet
Meta info only about it is stored on the NSA ETH chain
Not one image is on the chain
Just meta info and a crappy link
Using beta IPFS crap

It's all connected to NSA

Now go put your info in the AWS cloud located in the heart of NSAville

Public info shows biggest client of AWS is you guessed it

The NSA

Lol

Domains
Crypto
NFTs
AWS
Zon

It's all 1 step away from NSA control

Haha

Oh Satoshi Nakamoto is Japanese for Center of Intelligence
The NSA pointer to CIA
Just like SAIC that created the con game domain names

Last edited:
•••
@adoni - dont doubt you one bit - there is a point when the younger generation picks up the charge into new tech as the older ones cant keep up with the changing tech.

It happens over and over - & it makes sense. The younger people are looking for more innovation and defining what is possible.

The older ones keep plugging & working the tired & true - the core of industry basically stands for a long time while the new tech enhances their business.

There is really a need and opportunity for both. This is crazy to think about how real this is. I dont consider myself that old (but I am getting there - well under 50) but when I went to high school & even college - cell phones we not used by most - it was just a business thing for the most part. Could you imagine a world with no smart phones - never mind just a filp phone cell? hahaha

Seriously that was the 90's - amazing how quick things change and opportunities open up for the innovative.

Best of luck on NFTs - look forward to hearing more.

•••
Do both. Basically the opposites in my opinion. Cryptos-rollercoster , Domains - patience game.

Unless you are hoddling. Then the same . Just make sure you have a job :)

Last edited:
•••
@adoni - dont doubt you one bit - there is a point when the younger generation picks up the charge into new tech as the older ones cant keep up with the changing tech.

It happens over and over - & it makes sense. The younger people are looking for more innovation and defining what is possible.

The older ones keep plugging & working the tired & true - the core of industry basically stands for a long time while the new tech enhances their business.

There is really a need and opportunity for both. This is crazy to think about how real this is. I dont consider myself that old (but I am getting there - well under 50) but when I went to high school & even college - cell phones we not used by most - it was just a business thing for the most part. Could you imagine a world with no smart phones - never mind just a filp phone cell? hahaha

Seriously that was the 90's - amazing how quick things change and opportunities open up for the innovative.

Best of luck on NFTs - look forward to hearing more.

I was 15 started my first software company in my dad's basement, he was a tried and blue IBM big earner in 1976 era, 50K+ a year when 25K bought a home

My first deal, doing a minimainframe job on a contract bid going up startups like Microsoft, they were working out of their dorm I was in High School in dads basement

By 18 I had a limo, with a sea to land land in the trunk so I could do deals, this was pre cell phones

My first mobile phone was the football, the tool box my body guard carried it when I was out and about in the 80's

My first laptop, was a tool box, the old box you had a pop up monitor on, looked just like a tool box, 5K in 80's dough

So you think you're old, I'm ancient but I've been in tech on and off since 70's

It's why I own two hot crypto coins that will rule the world soon

•••
•••
Do both. Basically the opposites in my opinion. Cryptos-rollercoster , Domains - patience game.

wrap your domains on an NFT token, that ownership is better than any registrar, domains can be hacked easily, once you wrap a domain inside the ETH blockchain with real ownership info, a court will recognize it as definitive proof of ownership

Think about it, the ultimate NFT is a domain name, now NFT's create an ironclad proof of ownership

The ETH chain can't be hacked, the original owner is on the token forever, then any transfer of that token and domain is minted right into the eth chain, why no one in domains is talking about this I don't know, but then again, when you have 800 phone clowns masquerading as tech gods in domains, what do you expect

LOL

so that's who you do both, you got a solid name, mint a token for 1000 or so in gas fees showing ownership

better yet, issue a defi token and raise mega millions on a good domain name project

it's the wild west in crypto buddy

anything goes

as long as you put in on record and show it on a pubic ledger

•••
a sea to land land

Ok, now i believe you are as old as I am... Dad was a boater & we would be offshore for long periods of time & using the cb/vhs to make make ship to shore calls home.

too funny!

•••
wrap your domains on an NFT token, that ownership is better than any registrar, domains can be hacked easily, once you wrap a domain inside the ETH blockchain with real ownership info, a court will recognize it as definitive proof of ownership

Think about it, the ultimate NFT is a domain name, now NFT's create an ironclad proof of ownership

The ETH chain can't be hacked, the original owner is on the token forever, then any transfer of that token and domain is minted right into the eth chain, why no one in domains is talking about this I don't know, but then again, when you have 800 phone clowns masquerading as tech gods in domains, what do you expect

LOL

so that's who you do both, you got a solid name, mint a token for 1000 or so in gas fees showing ownership

better yet, issue a defi token and raise mega millions on a good domain name project

it's the wild west in crypto buddy

anything goes

as long as you put in on record and show it on a pubic ledger
Well I have a 140 .crypto domains. Domains & NFT's. All wrapped in one.

P.s I did make my own token on BSC , KEY

https://bscscan.com/token/0x580e74c1f0a8101787f0821109ee308511f61c32

Last edited:
•••
Are they listed in any Exchanges @adoni ?

hell no, binance is trying to buy into a stake on it, but they're being ignored, why do we need an exchange, anyone wants the coins we take the coins we want issue the coins direct, then they buy what we want to sell, digital stuff, domains, NFT art tokens, etc

The only thing we want on any exchange is the chosen NFT's we choose to release with eth chain mintings

Exchanges are for speculation, our coins are EARNED, they are 100% stable, 1 coin = $1

they have big stores selling stuff we want to sell for them

The exit is NFT's, with NFT's we can control value, once you put a coin into an exchange, then manipulators ruin it, they pump spec coins way beyond what they're worth and they dump projects due to load of coins

When you create a social coin, that generates $500 a day per user, there's no cap on the coin, as long as users are generating it, there's new coins, users can only generate 100K a year or so, creators we choose to put content on the network or products in the stores, they make fortunes, they want to cash out, buy a rare NFT and as soon as we mint it, guess what it shows as MAKE OFFER in every major exchange dealing with NFT's

So our NFT"s are in all the big NFT markets, that's the out

You earn the coin then buy into an NFT that is instantly MAKE OFFER status on every major exchange

So what would be the 'need' of us to put a stable coin selling what we want onto some pump and dump scam exchange?

All the bitcoin I was involved with since 2010 never once hit an exchange

Why do you need an exchange when you can create a coin or accumulate it without an exchange?

Tell me why you want to pay an exchange a fee to buy crypto they don't want you to exit to a real wallet?

LOL

Exchanges are all ripoffs, but then again, I took 20 btc for a $100 deal in 2010 and ran one of the first crypto casinos in caymans, etc

Exchanges, no thanks

But the exit we use is NFT market places, mcuban has one, he's dumb as Elon Musk in regards to crypto

Both are clueless, rich dummies completely ignorant of crypto

•••
Well I have a 140 .crypto domains. Domains & NFT's. All wrapped in one.

P.s I did make my own token on BSC , KEY

https://bscscan.com/token/0x580e74c1f0a8101787f0821109ee308511f61c32

You do know that chain is crap it was hacked

LOL

But congrats, you on a chain, BSC, I'm not a fan of CZ,

But it's crypto just not ETH or BTC

BTC has no NFT token game, ETH created it, BSC tried to copy it and failed, they won't fix the hacked tokens

For an exchange, BNB better than COINbase

But inferior to others

Like I said, I make my own market and trades, I got wallets and don't need to have an exchange create a trade for me

But good luck you see how domains and crypto can merge to some degree, but ETH was the better chain for you

my 3 cents but congrats

Last edited:
•••
You are some random dude posting nonsense on NamePros about time travel. (y)

Brad

dont say that. often people know their stuff real good..this is why their posts may appear random to uninitiated and yet full of secrets.

imagine yerself talking to einstein..we wouldn't understand half what he says..but that wouldn't mean its nonsense. it would just mean we are too stupid for it

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back