IT.COM

domain ..

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
The term Yields related to many industries and most notable is the financial industry.

This domain will go into development as a crowdfunding site, but I like to explore the possibility of selling it.

I would like to get an appraisal of this domain? Please

Thank you all

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
You are talking to resellers here, who are drooling to get their hands on this domain name.

You've probably had this domain on multiple platforms, displaying to end users who had a different need or niche in mind.

This name will go for $2,500,000+ if you strategically develop it(Simple website, showcasing the potential use) and target the right people.

There are many Hedgefund, IB, PE decision makers on LinkedIn that are just waiting for a premium account to send them an inmail.

Last edited:
•••
Yields Worth about $450,000 in my opinion half of what purple.com(900K sale) sold for since it has an "s" at the end thus is plural. Note, that is end-user. A reseller would pay no more than $175,000 for this domain in my view.

•••
I have a cannabis company [going public(willing to give 500k worth of shares ,the company with be on BB sheets but shares are over subscribed and will probably be listed on Nasdaq. They will cover my part,IM me for more detail.

Besides being morally not acceptable for me to help in selling marijuana. This is one of the funniest offers i ever received ...You made my day.....:xf.smile:

Thanks

•••
  1. Could be hard to spell
  2. Vague
  3. Plural

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Yields is better than Yield for a company name, IMO. Who would name their company 'Yield"?. Totally wrong word, whether that is the 'one who yields' or is 'yielded to'.
Yields is about multiple yields, repeatedly, with assurance.
You're kidding or serious?

•••
A company that yields cannot be successful :)

It is a great name through its financial meaning, but I'd personally be hesitant to name mine with something that also means "give way to arguments, demands, or pressure"

•••
You're kidding or serious?

I have to disagree with your opinion. You went off track with your love for singular names that you totally ignore the benefits of having plural names.

Even coins.com was not good for you ...!!!!

josh, no offense, but you speak with a biased perspective and limited view of the world.

Have you ever heard of hotels.com, cars.com, apartments.com, vacationrentals.com, rewards.com, (the list goes on...)

these company's aren't hotel.com, car.com, apartment.com, vacationrental.com, reward.com

a brand might be better without a plural...but a mega platform and marketplace is plural...almost always.

Here is the General rule :
Singular is Brand. ..
Plural is Business ...

Last edited:
•••
Well you gottasell sometime and I see this domain selling in an expiring auction for 1500 u.s.when your GREAT GREAT GREAT grand kids forget to renew :troll:
You mean he might not live to sell this? That's funny

•••
I love seeing posts like these.

It reminds us all what patience and standing your ground means - even if you think it was overdone.

I also agree that this domain will rise in value in the near future.

•••
The Earth population is 7 530 000 000 (2017)
We just got here 26 opinions.

7 530 000 000 - 26 = 7 529 999 974 opinions rest

•••
For me it has zero value, but being 1 dict word and making hype around it, it could be sold for high price.
But I repeat, I dont see here any special value based NOT on its age and dictionary word.
If you could select between yields, business, money, crypto, web, magazine, online, yes, hello, hi etc.. thousands of dictionary single words, would you select yields? Not sure...

In this case, I disagree.

Yields.com is a GREAT domain... beyond simply being a memorable word, it is an insanely good finance term.

Essentially I see this playing out two ways...
1. End user buys it for some big startup around crowdfunding. Depending on their raise... if branded, can be worth 7 figures but you have to find the right people and you may be looking for a LONG LONG TIME!

2. Can be turned into a good financial media site. Here the price would be lower.

The issue is about finding the right user and having the connections.

If I was consulting, and not selling for my funds, I would say to pay no more than $500k for this name and that is being generous. I am sure some tech startup would pay something stupid but the economy is turning and well, can't you find another brand for $500k?

In the wholesale market... if you get anything close to it... freaking take it and count your cash, reinvest in something else.

•••
you will have this forever, you cant take it with you, this thing will sell sometime in the future on namejet for a few hundred bucks
lol :xf.grin:

•••
I could see this being used for a PR campaign for a corporate agribusiness referring to crop yields. Think Monatanto or similar that always have some type of PR nightmare.

OR sell it to the organic equivalent. There are lots of organic farming organizations (NOFA for example.) Put together some simple ad copy and pitch the campaign itself to either and you could possibly make more than reseller price. Just an idea.

•••
This domain has quite the wide range of opinions and values.

First "yields" is most certainly a word, though yield is also a better tense.

I would pay somewhere in the $X,XXX range for it personally as it is a single word .COM with some potential use, but not an obvious clear use. This is the type of domain that could sell for a lot to the right buyer or sit on the shelf collecting dust for decades.

Brad

•••
Yes, the destiny of this domain is finance: threshold $ 50.000 to enduser

yield-sign-sm.jpg

•••
What kind of offers have you received and where from? That will help a bit but, I think you have your answer however.

You should develop this already, or sell it. I’m sure tons of us here would love to develop it but, no end users here.

•••
Apparently if I am reading correctly he turned down $200k.
So did I miss anything?

I would have ventured into the high $XXXXX

•••
do you think it could reach 1 billion dollars?

Anything is possible...

but to get $1 billion dollars for a domain like this - he would need to build a business, create hype and generate revenue.

•••
HighYields HighYieldInvestment/s are both worth more IMO.

•••

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back