Dynadot

question $100 offers on your domains. What's the Secret?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
What's the best way to get at least $100 offers on your domains @ marketplaces to get the ball rolling?

Ideas wanted. Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A better question would have been best way to get a deal going with a $100 incoming offer, was looking forward to reading the thread, oh well..

We can "expand" this thread to accommodate your question which i think is...

"What's the best way to get a deal going with a $100 incoming offer?"

anyone here want to answer? feel free i won't mind. Thanks.

•••
Riiiiiiiiight. But isn't it something that has been tried before ?
Let me give you a tour down the memory lane :)
PushToAuction.com Helps Get Domains on Sedo™ Auction

wow! thanks for that memory lane! and pushtoauction is now being sold for $5000? what happened to it? sounded like a great idea?!?!

so why didn't it work? that thread got over 8K views and 150 replies so definitely interest on it. Am I being naive to think that domainers don't want to help each other out with $100 offers on domains they might be interested in owning? i mean I know domains on NP get sold way lower and everyone on here is looking for a "steal" but is $100 too steep for most domainers to invest in a domain? I mean what if it was VR360.com?

or let's say one of my domains.

AmericanBiometric.com

AmericanBiometrics.com (Mike Mann's) has a sticker price of $9888.

So AmericanBiometric.com would not be worth at least $100 to a domainer on NP?

Obviously I wouldn't let it go for a $100. but if some NPer decided to make a $100 bid. Surely I'd push it to free auction and roll the dice.

I know that I'd get more if I sold to the right enduser. But who has time for that? I like to be proactive and do something besides outbounds. I rather sell to resellers and get a decent profit that wait for that Whale.

but at the same time. if I push a $100 bid to auction. i can use that auction as a "high pressure moment" to motivate a potential enduser to make a bid and send them emails about the auction.

I've tracked most of my outbounds and many never get opened. WASTE OF TIME. I'm convinced Auctions are the best option to have constant monthly sales.

Outbounds and auctions are both a crap shoot but only auctions have an end result either Bad or Good. it's a result.

Outbounds are a question mark (?)

IMO

•••
•••
I usually do not respond to $100 offers but last week I received one and for whatever reason decided to reply. I basically said I was looking for a much higher offer (not really anticipating I would get one). They quickly upped their offer to $399 but I am looking for a much higher offer than that (1 million + population city geo real estate name).

•••
If you build it, they will come.

•••
•••
What's the best way to get at least $100 offers on your domains @ marketplaces to get the ball rolling?

Ideas wanted. Thanks.

I hate to say this but a lot of domains are worth more when they drop. I was a prolific member on another forum and the complaint was that domainers could not sell to another domainer, even for 10 dollars. As soon as they let the domain drop, people paid 50 bucks to be first in line to pick it up.

I am probably one of those guys paying to pick it up because its easy and effortless. No escrow, nobody to bother with and everything goes smooth as silk.

Haggling over a 100 dollar domain is more trouble than its worth.... for me anyways.

That is why I like a professional place like this name pros, I have high hopes that I will find some decent action. When I get the fever I have been known to pay up to 5k on a bid.

•••
•••
I haven't read this whole thread. But you won't/almost never get any $100+ offers on crap domains. You need pretty good quality domains to get any $100+ offers.

you could try putting them up for auction on GoDaddy as make off with min bid $100. Then accept any min offers you receive. This is better than buy now, because it looks like you value the domain higher than $100. gives the potential buyer some warm feeling :)

I think an explanation from me is in order. lol

1. I want $100 offers to turn into auctions ie. Sedo Free push to auction.
2. I expect $100 offers only on my best domains. not crap ones. So I would never waste trying to get $100 offers on my crap domains although I might give it a try. :xf.grin: Basically I wanna see what my Good to best domains will fetch at auction? essentially rolling the dice and see what happens? instead of doing outbounds which seems to be a waste of time these days with the spam stigma attached to outbounds.
3. I do not like paying to start an auction rather push a $100 offer to free domain auction on Sedo.

All of thee above is why I asked the question of this thread. If there are any Secrets to getting $100 offers on domains (good to best ones)

https://www.namepros.com/threads/sh...n-to-push-it-to-auction.1005683/#post-6037069

Thanks Stubs for the input much appreciated.

•••
A true secret cannot be revealed :)

•••
@Avtar629

Writer shorter posts and the domain gods will give you $100 offers. :xf.wink: Oh and buy decent domains (y)

EDIT: In your case, I would definitely stop buying anything. If I remember correctly you have over 10K+ domains and if you have to ask this question then I think you're doing something wrong. Stop buying, stop writing long posts, just read, read, read.

Hehe lol always leave it to you lucid to give it straight.

Lol I really do need keep things short.

And for the 10k+ domains I've sold some at breakeven pricing some definitely dropped so now under 9k. Mostly Chinese domain bs.

And I get it lucid .

Money talks bs walks.

If I were say Mike Mann I can afford to make lengthy stories and people will read ever word.

But a newbie with no big sales? Just waste of a read. Guess it's time to start selling and stop talking. Only then can I write a book. My memoirs lol. Sike!

Thanks lucid.

•••
Maybe! Lol in this "game" I keep hearing "you can sit and wait for a whale or pay your bills and feed your family".

I think my idea is a compromise between the two.
Plus recently just hit 10k connections and rising.

One of them has to be an end-user to some of my domains.

Sure has boosted views on my auctions.

It's basically marketplace auction vs. outbounds to endusers.

After reading tons of negativity about spammers and the perception by the general public towards outbound email marketing. Outbounds just doesn't seem appealing anymore .

Maybe it works for some but that's probably because they aren't emailing random strangers.

See that word "eventually" is like a sharp "stone in the shoe" for me lol.

It's too vague. I mean can you set your alarm clock to "eventually". How?

Some of us don't have the luxury or simply the patience for "eventually" or for that one buyer with deep pockets coming the darkest reaches of Afternic. Of course if you have awesome domains parked they pay for themselves and even then some pros say "don't park" as it ruins domain value in rankings.

Auctions are more concrete. Start to finish with end result. Bad or good still an end result. It's really the litmus test for all domains. If it doesn't sell or just sells for $100? Then so be it. If no bids? Drop! Don't renew!

Some domains were kept by domainers for this "eventuality" you speak off only to drop because sometimes the trend of the domain they chose has fizzled out.

And many I've seen have invested in trend niches.

Also domain auctions are "high pressure" situations created by the "expiration date" of the auction. Impulse buy is greater.

Thanks Kate .
Which auction platforms u prefer ?

•••
The secret is no secret handreg decent name godaddy auctions make offer no price. normally equates to $100 offers.

•••
•••
•••

Ideas wanted. Thanks.
A better question would have been best way to get a deal going with a $100 incoming offer, was looking forward to reading the thread, oh well..

•••
Gotta be in what club to get offers over 100?? Buy or reg good domains have your nameservers pointed to a for sale page . You will get offers that's it. Therer is no other secret.

I meant the "club" where connections get your domains sold for high price. not $100 but $xxxx and up.

•••
For maximum chances at an offer, list at multiple marketplaces and have the domain itself redirect to a page where interested people can make an offer.

I used to recommend emailing prospective buyers, but spammers have abused and ruined this strategy.

Exactly! Spammers really ruined the game. Desperation breeds "Spammy"ness. I can't even count how many outbounds I've sent.

btw? What's the "trick" with that? does the whole "find similar domains via whois and send them emails"?

saying something like " I see you own a similar domain. just wondering if you might be interested in BlahBlah.com?"

9 times outta 10 it's a domain that's about to expire. so I just wait till it does and if I really like it. reg it. problem then would be that it has a drop in it's history.

•••
Set the minimum offer to $100?

That's not enough or else everyone would be getting offers as that's what "everyone" does slap a min price of $100 for offers. Actually that's the standard Min price for most marketplaces although Namejet is $69.

•••
You don't need "connections" to get $100 offers, you need domains that don't suck. Simple as that

again I have to clarify. I meant you need connections to get big numbers it's assumed that $100 is part of that package but I was more talking about $xxxx and up.

•••
no secret
you will always get $100 USD offers

thats actually the pain

sometimes I don't think it's whether your domain sucks or not. That's always the go to assumption but I firmly believe it's just that Marketplaces are just so "overwhelming" by design. that way such marketplaces can "sell you" on the idea to buy featured listings.

it's like with any free to list site. Ebay or Amazon which ever. Free to list but without paying for featureds GOOD LUCK getting your product seen much less getting $100 offers.

Although I DO see a "Trend" or "Tendency" as I did it myself to "filter" all domains with BIDS.

Doing this will put the domains with the most bids on top of the list. 100 bids or 58 bids or 30 bids. etc etc.

Some won't go farther than page 2 after filtering like this. but most if curious might go down to the domains that only got 1 bid.

maybe they think there's an opportunity to snag a deal since it has only 1 bid? as opposed to the ones with high bids that's already up to $xxxx or $xx,xxx.

My point? A $100 bid is HUGE in bumping you up above ZERO bids.

Who here has ever not used Filter Bids on Godaddy or Sedo or Flippa?

Domainers are a busy bunch. No time to check out pages and pages of millions of domains.

Thee assumption is that "Someone" besides themselves has done some "homework" and has chosen to bid on these particular domains.

That I believe to some domainers is enough to say that these domains with bids and offers are "Worth a look". It's also almost like a Free Appraisal.

Let's be honest. There's no better appraisal "system" than an actual Bid. That's REAL. Concrete.

It says someone wants this domain enough to put a bid.

I call this the Lazy Domainer method.

lol

This is why I decided to ask this question about what's the secret to get that all so elusive $100 Offer.

Wanna know the Secret?

Check out the thread I created.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/sh...n-to-push-it-to-auction.1005683/#post-6037069

lol That's the SECRET. Namepros is the SECRET.

We as a COLLECTIVE should make $100 offers on our friends and neighbors domains on NP not for the purpose of Shill bidding but for the purpose of maybe taking the chance to Grab a domain maybe worth $xxxx or $xx,xxx in the future for only $100 (if no other bids).

I'm sure you will agree the more domain sales the better it is for all Domainers as a whole.

So give the thread above a look.

It goes without saying. Don't make an offer on a crap domain. Do your own homework and then make a bid of $100 on it because once you make that offer you are officially on the hook to buy it. No exceptions.

•••
•••
I hate to say this but a lot of domains are worth more when they drop. I was a prolific member on another forum and the complaint was that domainers could not sell to another domainer, even for 10 dollars. As soon as they let the domain drop, people paid 50 bucks to be first in line to pick it up.

I am probably one of those guys paying to pick it up because its easy and effortless. No escrow, nobody to bother with and everything goes smooth as silk.

Haggling over a 100 dollar domain is more trouble than its worth.... for me anyways.

That is why I like a professional place like this name pros, I have high hopes that I will find some decent action. When I get the fever I have been known to pay up to 5k on a bid.

funny you mentioned fever. I'm about to drop my first big purchase on a domain today and it's not even like your 5k.

•••
good domain + proper buyer + luck = $100 offer.

•••
This is key, buying "EMD" domains is not a good business model, when being offer domains that says "This domain has 22,000 exact monthly search volume", makes me click DELETE ... and actually I click the SPAM button so I don't get that garbage email ever again from that email, and hopefully gmail will mark all further emails from the offending EMAIL as spam in there SPAM system!!

Give me a domain that is the name of 20 different businesses, based all over the world, which makes it generic. That is worth $200 to $400 to buy as over the next 2 to 5 years, someone will buy it for $2k or more.

The key here is ZERO EFFORT to sell, other than time ... vs begging aka PI$$ING people off trying to sell domains that End Users really don't want, that you thought up and want a $100 for, when it is not a EUTD.

If you business model is to make a domain up and buy it for $10 then try to sell it for $100, is not a good business plan. The risk is way to high, spending a $100 on a decent/good/OK business name is worth the risk of 10 made up "brandable" $10 domains.

When the business model is to sell to other domainers, it is called MLM and MLM is a horrible business model for everyone except the product owner, which are the "registrars" and "registry" Transfer fees and escrow fee's and bank charge card fee's. Everyone makes $ except the domainer!!

Take Herbalife as a perfect example ...
www. google. com/ search?q=icahn+mlm+scam&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
If you have to say, your company or business is not a pyramid scheme, well, it is one.

Just my 2 cents worth.

End User Type Domain = EUTD

First off thanks for the input.

Second. Wow! First person I've heard say that emd's essentially suck.

See that's confusing.

Especially when you read online about big corps owning tens of thousands of emd domains like Amazon and Johnson and Johnson and Microsoft does.

Also if you ask 100 domainers about end vs brandables most would choose emd hand over fist as a better investment.

Brandables = sounds great but only one in a million buyer
Emd = sounds good too but not as cool but many potential buyers.

Plus emd's are great for SEO purposes so I've read. Unless that has changed recently?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back