Domain Empire

advice $1 500 offer for seven letter com domain. What next?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Daarahn

Established Member
Impact
First I should say "Hello" because this is my first post here. Here the story of my thread title.

Last year I bought a seven-letter expired.com domain. He was with the right SEO metrics with a clean backlink profile and decided to set up a simple WordPress site with 4-5 blog posts. My idea was to index this site and see for possible manual Google penalties. After that, I forget this project for several months.

In December, I got an email from a person who offers $500 for this domain name. The email was sent to the Whois email, not from my contact form of the website.

After a little research, I found that one big corporation is in the process of trademark registration of this keyphrase(same as mine domain).

I sent an email with a higher offer($6 000). After 2-3 emails with the lady, right now, she offers me $1 500.

My question is should I use domain broker service or to try to contact directly the corporation.

P. S. I am from a long time in online business, but mostly in the SEO and marketing niche and this topic is brand new for me. Any advice will be perfect for my next steps.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you don’t want to sell it at the price she offered point it somewhere with your BIN price. Easy.

•••
so what u do not want ot negotiate with the lady and close it with her or you just think broker might get your money or what else?

•••
If you don’t want to sell it at the price she offered point it somewhere with your BIN price. Easy.

I will ask for a higher price today with BIN price.

so what u do not want ot negotiate with the lady and close it with her or you just think broker might get your money or what else?

I am thinking of the broker because the corporation is a big gaming company. Also, after Google research, I saw that the email and domain name of the lady is connected with Mark monitor.

P.S. Just checked the trademark status of the keyphrase now. It is fo live today.

Last edited:
•••
you have hit a jackpot, you are a lucky man so don't mess this up...
big corporations knows domain value so don't sell cheap claim your jackpot after the deal is done please don't forget me, i need help corona virus pandemic is effecting us...

•••
My friend if you are new to domaining and you are satisfied with $1500 take it.
I wouldn't point the name of the corporation here.

$500 to $1500 after a couple weeks of negotiation and after you countering, might be time to take it.
If you are new to domaining.
And you are satisfied with $1500.

•••
A phone call direct to the interested buyer would be my next step if that was me. Negotiation would be better.

•••
you have hit a jackpot, you are a lucky man so don't mess this up...
big corporations knows domain value so don't sell cheap claim your jackpot after the deal is done please don't forget me, i need help corona virus pandemic is effecting us...

I sent an email with a BIN offer.

My friend if you are new to domaining and you are satisfied with $1500 take it.
I wouldn't point the name of the corporation here.

$500 to $1500 after a couple weeks of negotiation and after you countering, might be time to take it.
If you are new to domaining.
And you are satisfied with $1500.

The corporation name removed. Thank you. I am waiting for a reply. But maybe I will follow your advice.

•••
Don't focus only on the domain name.
As you said the domain has CLEAN backlinks profile and not penalized by google.
If it has great backlinks and traffic don't even think to sell for $1500.
Are peanuts.
You are in the SEO world and you know that if a domain is GREAT with GREAT traffic you can earn $1500 on daily basis.

•••
Just hold on your BIN, they will pay big because it makes no sense trademarking keyphrase without owning the domain because big corporations knows the big value in domain names

•••
Just hold on your BIN, they will pay big because it makes no sense trademarking keyphrase without owning the domain because big corporations knows the big value in domain names

well u know.. they have 200 other extensions to pick from too

•••

No doubt.
But .com is and will always be the 1st choice.

•••
No doubt.
But .com is and will always be the 1st choice.

yes true.. but it happens over and over again that if domainers push too hard with prices, endusers just pick another extesnion and its game over. so just gotta be careful with that.
because we know .com is king... and most endusers prefer .com... doesn't mean they all prefer it at any cost.

•••
I've sold to individuals and I've sold to large corporations (and small corporations). What the buyer is willing to pay has more to do with how important the domain is to him, than how deep his pockets are.

If you think that you've hit the jackpot every time you get an inquiry from a large corporation...talk to avtar629 / WhoaDomain.com ... much easier to blow it by holding out for too much, than it is to close the deal.

Last edited:
•••
your first offer was $6000 then you went down to $1500 !! seems like they squeezed you !!
go reverse back close to the middle and insist for $2700 = take it or leave it deal .

•••
Ultimately, @Daarahn needs to make the decision for himself. @xynames said it perfectly when he said "What the buyer is willing to pay has more to do with how important the domain is to him, than how deep his pockets are."

Since you know what the trademark is and the company behind it is, you need to ask yourself whether this domain is a primary aspect of their business or if it is just simply an add-on or an afterthought. In other words, how important do you think this name is to them? If a company primarily does transactions and payment processing online then the .COM is crucial. If the company is primarily a general retail company that has products in stores like Wal-Mart then the exact match .COM is not as important.

If this gaming company intends to host live gaming on this domain for example then the name is essential to them. Otherwise they may just use their company.com/newproduct or use newproduct.company.com

I head posted a thread earlier in which I note the domain names advertised on TV. Also, just as important imo are the times when the commercial doesn't mention any URL. I've noticed that general retail items found in grocery stores or Wal Mart do not have URLs involved. Examples included Energizer batteries, Gillette razors, and Febreeze air scent spray.

•••
Hey @Daarahn I hope you are doing well! It has been about a week since you opened this thread. I am just curious about what you decided to do. Did you accept their $1500 offer or did you counter/ignore? Cheers

•••
I send an email to the director of marketing of the corporation the same night. The email opened four times without a reply. On the next day, I got an email for the $ 2 500, and we start the process via Escrow. I hope in the next few days the deal will be finalized.

•••
I send an email to the director of marketing of the corporation the same night. The email opened four times without a reply. On the next day, I got an email for the $ 2 500, and we start the process via Escrow. I hope in the next few days the deal will be finalized.

Thanks for satisfying my curiosity. Congrats on the sale, both for you and the buyer! I think $2500 is a very fair price for both parties. After all, I know that you said that you are an SEO guy. There are always other opportunities to find names with good profiles.

•••
Those 200 others do not have backlink and TRAFFIC lol. That is what makes it different.

•••
•••
Develop it might be a good play take it off market. Then offer it again a lot more than 6k. If they have already started investing in name then name your price.

Last edited:
•••
The money already arrived in my bank account. Thank you for the help and directions, guys. For the first sale of the domain ever, I think this is a good start.

•••
If its your first sale then go for it, if not then you can stay sometime to get more offer. Its very hard to find a right buyer but decision is yours. I am just starting as a domainer...so I have planned sale one of my domain as per client offer because it will encourage me to invest more in good domains. Best of luck.

•••
The money already arrived in my bank account. Thank you for the help and directions, guys. For the first sale of the domain ever, I think this is a good start.

I'm new ,
Did you hand register the domain?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back