NameSilo

Sedo told me that I made $725,000 offer to IRAN.com but I didn't

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
In this morning, I checked my email and there was an email from sedo informed me that I have made $725,000 to Iran.com and the seller decided to run an auction. But I didn't do that . Is my account hacked or something like that ? I set my password with the combination of letter and number .Maybe it is not secured enough.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sedo finally contact me . And they now close my account temporary

•••
kong707 said:
Sedo finally contact me . And they now close my account temporary
woah! Thats the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Try pulling out their phone number or something and call them. Thats what I do with 1and1

•••
Are you sure that the sender is sedo itself? and have you checked the server that sent the message?
sometimes some hackers in this way try to take you to their own link (to a sedo like page) and after you gave your credit card they get all of your money!
Because sedo itself never get a problem automatically and put random users on random domain auctions!

•••
Sina said:
Are you sure that the sender is sedo itself? and have you checked the server that sent the message?
sometimes some hackers in this way try to take you to their own link (to a sedo like page) and after you gave your credit card they get all of your money!
Because sedo itself never get a problem automatically and put random users on random domain auctions!
But hey I dont think anyone other than sedo can temporarily deactivate your account an all

•••
It makes prefect sense that they would temporary close an account while they investigate a report of fraudulent activity.

•••
vatsan, They might have thought that his account is hacked, etc.
As I get about 10 fraud emails everyday, I think it might be 99% a fraud email.

•••
Sedo is getting buggier (if thats a word) day by day :(

•••
In the end, sedo closed my account for good and asked me to open new account for security reason.

•••
I have one account at Digital Point but I didn't use it for a long time. Today , I tried to login at DP but I can't and then I searched the forum to see my username .And It was using by someone . Now,this account is banned so I guess the hacker used my account to cheat people at DP so now he got banned.

I think I was hacked at Sedo and DP by same guy. I am lucky that I didn't lose any money. This is a lesson learn for me who use the weak password for the important account.

•••
kong707 said:
I have one account at Digital Point but I didn't use it for a long time. Today , I tried to login at DP but I can't and then I searched the forum to see my username .And It was using by someone . Now,this account is banned so I guess the hacker used my account to cheat people at DP so now he got banned.

I think I was hacked at Sedo and DP by same guy. I am lucky that I didn't lose any money. This is a lesson learn for me who use the weak password for the important account.

You are at a risk of losing everything. It's not about the weak password. Scan your computer for keyloggers.

•••

you might want to change the passwords on other accounts too ... especially if the password on SEDO/DP was the same with the password to them or to your email account (to which , if the scammer has access, there could be a lot of info/account-names/passwords)

you might also want to scan your PC(s) for viruses and/or keyloggers ... if you suspect a keylogger , temporarily type passwords with random letters between correct letters and then click with your mouse in between the letters and delete the bogus letters ... that way your password would be impossible to be tracked by a keylogger since it would not be able to track the positions of your mouse when you delete the letters (even better , use right-mouse-button>>>delete to delete the letters so that the delete button typings are not tracked)

eg. your password is ABCDEFGH ... type AABBCCDDEEFFFGG ... and then use your mouse to delete AB , CD , EFF and G ... and then continue ...

useful in "shady" internet cafes too ;)

•••
likepeas said:
no wonder they wanna make a quick profit.

ROFLMAO!! The responses you will see when something is owned by a pawn company.

Interesting though..It's not even listed on the main page. You always see these top names shown on the main page..

•••
sorry about all the hiccups kong707,

stuff happens, it is in picking yourself up learning from the experience and moving unto greater things that matters.

AT least you didn't lose money, it's not too late to start afresh with new accounts on DP and Sedo, just make sure you don't amke the mistake again
Believe me when I say I know how it feels to fall victim to some of this things.

The bad thing about it is some people will go about soiling your name no matter how much you shout, scream or cry innocence,

but then Life goes on

wishing you the best in domaining, keep your head up

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back