Dynadot

question Offer for a domain name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mr. Deleted

Slabaugh.com 800-266-2728Top Member
Impact
I got an offer for a 4 letter domain name that at first was up to 500 but I told them I could do an affiliate program referral link-forward to their website if they used another extension. This morning I got a new offer of 400 and I don’t think I want to take it. You can figure out the domain name from the screenshots below.

Attachments

• IMG_2153.png
    IMG_2153.png
    239.5 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_2154.png
    IMG_2154.png
    422.5 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_2155.png
    IMG_2155.png
    436.4 KB · Views: 144
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Judging from the prices in the screenshots, the .com is worth much more than $400.

•••
Judging from the prices in the screenshots, the .com is worth much more than $400.
Yes the product is out of production so it’s very expensive and hard to get. If they were to use a different product name and similar product formula it would possibly still be worth it for me to use an affiliate program.

•••
I got an offer for a 4 letter domain name that at first was up to 500 but I told them I could do an affiliate program referral link-forward to their website if they used another extension. This morning I got a new offer of 400 and I don’t think I want to take it. You can figure out the domain name from the screenshots below.

At the very least, that is a five figure domain. (Six to the right buyer.)

Don't waste your time entertaining petty cash offers.

•••
I mean, I understand that its 4-letter (.com?) and so on, but it doesn't sound good and that discounted beauty product brand name imo is kinda weak argument to set high plank in it's price.
Ideally it must go for a few thousands, like $4000, if they're really rely on that name for whatever the reason, but 5 and 6 fig imo is just delusional thinking.

Last edited:
•••
I mean, I understand that its 4-letter (.com?) and so on, but it doesn't sound good and that discounted beauty product brand name imo is kinda weak argument to set high plank in it's price.
Ideally it must go for a few thousands, like $4000, if they're really rely on that name for whatever the reason, but 5 and 6 fig imo is just delusional thinking.
It’s the dot com. I don’t think the beauty products are the only potential use for the name.

•••
At the very least, that is a five figure domain. (Six to the right buyer.)

Don't waste your time entertaining petty cash offers.

It's a pronounceable 4-letter .COM so it's worth mid 4-figures at the very least, so I agree, if hobos send over a couple of 3-figure offers, either delete them or send them a real counter.

I get crap 3-figure offers like this all day long and they're not worth the time you're spending on this thread. Move on.

Last edited:
•••

@SixFigures.ltd - Yes, 6 figures might be a bit of a stretch for this one, but like I said, "to the right buyer."

You just never know in this industry.

I certainly wouldn't say it's delusional thinking to expect at least 5 figures for a pronounceable, 4 letter .com.

It's a pronounceable 4-letter .COM so it's worth mid 4-figures at the very least, so I agree, if hobos send over a couple of 3-figure offers, either delete them or send them a real counter.

I get crap 3-figure offers like this all day long and they're not worth the time you're spending on this thread. Move on.

@DomainRecap - I've sold worse for much more. If this domain was in my portfolio, I'd price it between 20-50K and wouldn't entertain offers below 10K.

•••
Don't reply them anymore. Block them and move on.

They probably read one of those books with unrealistic negotiation tactics.

•••
Don't reply them anymore. Block them and move on.

They probably read one of those books with unrealistic negotiation tactics.
I put the person on restriction on Facebook meaning they can still see my profile posts but not send me any messages.

Attachments

• IMG_2159.png
    IMG_2159.png
    147.9 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_2160.png
    IMG_2160.png
    286.8 KB · Views: 48
•••
I should probably get someone to broker it for me.

•••
You properly should take the offer, $400 is a resonable price for your 4L domain which is not a premium domain IMO, those domains usually costs under $200.

•••
I put the person on restriction on Facebook meaning they can still see my profile posts but not send me any messages.

Mentioning his wife and other available and cheaper extensions is definitely a negotiation tactics.

Also, nobody comes in with their highest offer at $500. You are dealing with a broker or an unscrupulous business person.

Don't panic and don't talk to him again. Instead list the domain name on Dan with a BIN price and use their lander.

Also, do NOT sell the domain name for $500. Price it for 4 figures or high xxx.

But do not panic.

•••
You properly should take the offer, $400 is a resonable price for your 4L domain which is not a premium domain IMO, those domains usually costs under $200.
You've been a member here for three months. Come back in a few years and have a laugh at what you just said.

•••
You've been a member here for three months. Come back in a few years and have a laugh at what you just said.
Did I say something wrong? take look at the domain, it's random 4L domain, I have some as well, I am happy to sell them at $400.

•••
Did I say something wrong? take look at the domain, it's random 4L domain, I have some as well, I am happy to sell them at $400.
It's not a random 4L domain. Did you even look at the screenshots in OP?

•••
xtah.com is nothing special, the "xtah" has only 50 monthly search on google, what do you expect on such a domain?

•••
I would not sell it for 500$
If you need the money , it’s another thing but I don’t really like the buyer behavior
If you want a domain , you need money…otherwise go with a lesser TLD
Price it low mid 4 fig e wait

•••
xtah.com is nothing special, the "xtah" has only 50 monthly search on google, what do you expect on such a domain?
Google.com had no meaning before it became a brand, but here we are. Your thinking is flawed.

•••
I would not sell it for 500$
If you need the money , it’s another thing but I don’t really like the buyer behavior
If you want a domain , you need money…otherwise go with a lesser TLD
Price it low mid 4 fig e wait
I can wait. I got a 16.75 per hour job at a group home. I help people with disabilities. It’s a rewarding job. I paid 100 for the domain name but these are not names that come around all the time, so I’m not planning on giving it away. I may hire a broker to sell it though.

•••

It was good enough for The Wella Corporation to trademark (classification: hair and skin care products). It's now ended/expired, but still.

•••
I can wait. I got a 16.75 per hour job at a group home. I help people with disabilities. It’s a rewarding job. I paid 100 for the domain name but these are not names that come around all the time, so I’m not planning on giving it away. I may hire a broker to sell it though.
Congrats on the job.

$100 is still a lot to invest in a single domain name. Hold on to the name. It's unique and there's no other x.t.a.h.com on the internet. You are the sole owner.

And this guy being deliberately shitty. Ignore him. Put it on a lander so that people know it may be for sale.

That said, you don't really need a broker to represent you. You will pay the sales platform and also pay the broker too.

When you remove sales venue fees, broker fees and your purchase price, it'll be a nice chunk of the selling price.

Consider this instead:

Set a fixed price for the domain name. Use namebio.com to get a feel for what similar names sell for. Then figure out a price that works for YOU.

Set it and ignore unreasonable buyers like this one.

•••
I wish you get a better offer but in reality, you properly won't get any better offer in the next few years, there is no point to hire a broker for such a low value domain.

•••

If you're selling any domain for $400 (even a hand-reg) then you are already losing money.

•••
Congrats on the job.

$100 is still a lot to invest in a single domain name. Hold on to the name. It's unique and there's no other x.t.a.h.com on the internet. You are the sole owner.

And this guy being deliberately shitty. Ignore him. Put it on a lander so that people know it may be for sale.

That said, you don't really need a broker to represent you. You will pay the sales platform and also pay the broker too.

When you remove sales venue fees, broker fees and your purchase price, it'll be a nice chunk of the selling price.

Consider this instead:

Set a fixed price for the domain name. Use namebio.com to get a feel for what similar names sell for. Then figure out a price that works for YOU.

Set it and ignore unreasonable buyers like this one.
Here is my old site I had 7 years ago. It earned me the 100 dollars back so anything I earn now would be profit.

Attachments

• IMG_2168.png
    IMG_2168.png
    157.6 KB · Views: 30
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back