Dynadot

ccTLD .ES Restrictions are lifted! / Landrush

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
.ES Restrictions are lifted!

With the lifting of .es restrictions on November 8, there could be a nice little mini rush for .es domains. As of that date, .ES domains will be available to register by anyone, for any purpose.

According to the story on dnjournal, and subsequent comments, there are still plenty of keywords available...

With the coupon code at eurodns, it brings the price of .es domains down to 14.40 euros.

Here are some quick factoids on .es and spanish internet trends..

Internet Usage Statistics:
16,129,731 Internet users as of Sept/2005, 37.1% of the population, according to Nielsen//NetRatings.

Latest Population Estimate:
43,435,136 population for 2005, according to world-gazetteer.

Growth

13.2 %
ITU

37.1 %
Nielsen Net//R

Any of you guys gonna register some .es goodness? :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
ive gotten 14 so far. some really uber keywords, too. :D

•••
Monolith said:
ive gotten 14 so far. some really uber keywords, too. :D

plz tell us some of the names you got! Interesting to hear..

•••
...strange...(or bad..:D )
nic.es "whois" is different than eurodns.com "whois"...

for example "world.es" is free with nic.es not with eurodns.com

•••
probably because someone else at eurodns already preregged the name, but its not officially registered yet because of the staggered release.

•••
Just found out I got buy.es. I know this English word does not fit .es, but internet is mostly English driven and any nice English name in any extension could be worth it :imho:

•••
This is really BS. The one and only good one word domain I wanted was free for several days, while I was hoping that my pre-registration on it via DD24 would get it. Well, looks like DD24 is slow in terms of these pre-registrations, because now it's gone. :( Yes, gone, despite I had a standing pre-order on it. I really wonder what DD24 were doing with their pre-registrations. Seems like other services would have been better.

I feel very disappointed. :(

•••
Rasbelin said:
This is really BS. The one and only good one word domain I wanted was free for several days, while I was hoping that my pre-registration on it via DD24 would get it. Well, looks like DD24 is slow in terms of these pre-registrations, because now it's gone. :( Yes, gone, despite I had a standing pre-order on it. I really wonder what DD24 were doing with their pre-registrations. Seems like other services would have been better.

I feel very disappointed. :(

Your not the only one who relied on DD24, I'm disappointed as well and missed out on .es! :td:

•••
Even more so, what buggers me, is that they already charged me in advance the full price of the domains, while never yet having registered to me. So I leaves me wondering did those pre-registrations ever get processed at all by DD24. Well, I guess I need to get them to refund or otherwise issue a chargeback.

•••
gravity.net and red.es/nic.es did only pick one domain for me. maybe I was trying to hard words? very annoying :( I still wonder if the pre-registrations is over, I have not got any email for the domains as I did not get.

•••
Rasbelin said:
Even more so, what buggers me, is that they already charged me in advance the full price of the domains, while never yet having registered to me. So I leaves me wondering did those pre-registrations ever get processed at all by DD24. Well, I guess I need to get them to refund or otherwise issue a chargeback.

Mmm... most registrars charge you a pre-reg fee. You better read the contract you agreed to when you signed up for the prereg service before you do a chargeback.

•••
i just receive 1 of my 3 names (Eurodns ,preregistration :25/10)... :) (i hope for others...)

•••
woohoo!
I just got me www.jam.es through a eurodns prereg.

I'm not planning to sell, but everyman has his price ;)

•••
dyaimz said:
woohoo!
I just got me www.jam.es through a eurodns prereg.

I'm not planning to sell, but everyman has his price ;)

spanish keywords makes more sense.

•••
Macke said:
spanish keywords makes more sense.

Not if his name is James :hehe:

•••
I've got manana (tomorrow), english.es, don't remember other, but now only 7 from 65 pre-regged.

•••
taheny said:
Not if his name is James :hehe:

No, really, I plan to sell lots of jam to all the English expats on the Costa Brava!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was looking at charl.es but there are 8 prereggers competing for it.

•••
•••
dyaimz said:
No, really, I plan to sell lots of jam to all the English expats on the Costa Brava!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was looking at charl.es but there are 8 prereggers competing for it.

type.in is good. charl.es is worthless IMO. should be 2 words, not one.

Still I have not seen many really amazing .ES names. Seems like you cannot find some of the best words thru a whois search yet. Is the pre-registration not over yet???

•••
Macke said:

Still I have not seen many really amazing .ES names. Seems like you cannot find some of the best words thru a whois search yet. Is the pre-registration not over yet???

Yep... Still waiting for the registrars to let me know if I got my premiums!

:( Jarrod

•••
If you do a whois search directly through nic.es you can see all the latest info.

•••
For sure, Nic.es is available for seeing current status but many domains are still in 'resolving queue of applications' state. This is continuing from november, 8th.

•••
Yeah, some of mine are showing up as that too. Id assume its because of the number of applications for the name and/or the number of people petitioning for special consideration just because its a really highly valued keyword/phrase.

•••
Macke said:
Cos longer domain names are always better...what 2 words should they be then?

•••
i got only 1 by now, pre regged 17 ; what are your results through eurodns ?

edit: just got 2 new ones , so 3 out of 17, the 2 last ones begins by R letter and S letter, so i don't think i will get some more :(

Last edited:
•••
I have now 5 domains of the 9. The last one is www.traduzca.es (means translate)
I still have one starting with a V and that is the best one. I hope i get that one.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back