Domain Empire

ccTLD .ES Restrictions are lifted! / Landrush

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
.ES Restrictions are lifted!

With the lifting of .es restrictions on November 8, there could be a nice little mini rush for .es domains. As of that date, .ES domains will be available to register by anyone, for any purpose.

According to the story on dnjournal, and subsequent comments, there are still plenty of keywords available...

With the coupon code at eurodns, it brings the price of .es domains down to 14.40 euros.

Here are some quick factoids on .es and spanish internet trends..

Internet Usage Statistics:
16,129,731 Internet users as of Sept/2005, 37.1% of the population, according to Nielsen//NetRatings.

Latest Population Estimate:
43,435,136 population for 2005, according to world-gazetteer.

Growth

13.2 %
ITU

37.1 %
Nielsen Net//R

Any of you guys gonna register some .es goodness? :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
how much is the price to reg .es names? where can i reg?

thanks,
jaik

•••
Greatestdomains... might be worth it for development.. but this is Spain and its SPANISH.. so english words arn't very popular...

•••
Premium said:
Greatestdomains... might be worth it for development.. but this is Spain and its SPANISH.. so english words arn't very popular...
I agree... there is no point in registering english words (even if they're very nice keywords) with .ES extension unless it is a common expression in Spain.

•••
Where can you see if a domain have been registered? I tried nic.es / red.es, but their whois function say something like it's in process.. :/ Got an email from my registrar earlier today (gravity.net) saying that confirmation will come tomorrow:

"By 7:30 that same morning, due to technical difficulties, their entire system collapsed and was continually out of order throughout the day. However, in spite of the difficulties caused by this interruption, we were able to process the majority of domains pre-registered and solicited on November 8th. The system is now up and running (although slowed by the massive registration).

Throughout today if you have pre-registered or registered any domain names for November 8th, you will receive an email explaining the status of your domain and how to make payment and activate your domain name. Those clients whose domains are being processed today, will receive confirmation tomorrow morning".

•••
Just a hint,
do NOT reg any languages that are not spanish, eaven words used in south america
like "autos" will be a flop at a .es extension (should be coches_es in any case).
_es will be, as said, only used in SPAIN, and therefore no english or whatever
words are suitable (with a few exceptions for shure).

Spain stayed for a long time with .com and it is VERY common to use spanishword.com.
IMO in the first 3 years only a few generic _es will go well.

Making here an error may cost you a bunch of money at current prices.

Anyone knows about the regulations regarding transfers, or change of ownerships of ES ?
(I couldn't find anything)

Greeting from Spain.

See you tomorrow at 7.00h GMT for the next shoot out ;)

•••
Yet to get one .ES .. all my preregs are still showing "The status of the domain is outstanding" However 3 of my nice keyword spanish names show as "Taken" and I didn't get them...

I still have others that I handregged and they are showing the same as the above ones... whats going on.. where are my domains! :bah:

•••
A handreged .es you will get right away without any delay if available.
The outstanding/pending status just indicates that x users have been quicker than you.
Only chance to get a outstanding/pending name is that the initial registrant fails with payment to nic.es
(which is due max. 10 days after regging).

•••
Someone pre-regged with eurodns ? i have no information about my pre reggs ..

•••
No you are quite wrong... A friend of mine regged a really weird domain yesterday in .es to see if it would work... He's been waiting 20+ hours and it still hasn't gone through yet at DD24... So I don't know if the domains are in real-time or whats going on!!!

•••
I only regged 1 domain in the #a-b day1.... agentedeviajes.es
I recieved it yesterday around 6pm est

•••
Anyone get any from DomainDiscount24?

•••
spanish domain

hello,i have gotten www.bnp.es now its mine together with bnp.hk

•••
When are people gonna take The Best CcTld seriously?

The Bahamas - .BS Imagine 'GeorgeBush.BS !!!!'

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

•••
Isn't it a restricted TLD ? :laugh:

•••
What's the EuroDNS coupon code? Where's the best price?

•••
DNJOURNAL_ES should be the coupon code..

•••
•••
I got this email from my registrar about a very nice .es domain which I had preregistered. With the little Spanish I speak I would interpret this as saying I got the domain and only have to pay for it now. But when I couldn't find the domain in my account and called the registrar, they said I never actually had the domain and that it's still in pending status. Anyone?

Estimado Sr./Sra.

Tras recepción de la solicitud del nombre de dominio 'xxxxxxx.es', presentada por el agente registrador Entorno Digital,les comunicamos la siguiente PROPUESTA DE RESOLUCIÓN:

La solicitud del nombre de dominio 'xxxxxxx.es' ha sido aceptada ya que cumple la normativa vigente.

La asignación definitiva del nombre de dominio 'xxxxxxx.es', está sujeta a la aceptación del pago de la tarifa correspondiente, que deberá ser convenientemente cumplimentado en el plazo de DIEZ DIAS NATURALES, a través del procedimiento telemático previsto al efecto.

•••
Hey that sounds interesting.........And yeah i like the name .es

I might register one and see how it is

Untitled

•••
"Lynch"
YES you got the domain, and the Email says PAY NOW ;)
Congrats

Unregged .es go through right away, but if you use 2nd line registrars like DD24 or similar you are NOT at the spring of the domains.

Pay more and be at nic.es in first line, and your regs go through directly.
Between domain search, paying and having control over the domain its less than 5 minutes at nic.es.

•••
still waiting for confirmation of all my .ES pre-registrations :/

•••
Has anyone received any updates yet? Anyone get a domain today?

•••
just got one domain name: modelando.es ("modeling" in English, I hope???)
Hope it is a spanish (spain) word, and not a latin american word???

•••
...waiting news for my(Eurodns) preregistration too... (...stress)

Last edited:
•••
i just checked and did get 1 domain today. Yesterday i had 3. I still have 5 open and off course that are the best ones :) Fingers crossed.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back