Dynadot

.in Zoe.in sold for $10K

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

JanO

This advertising space is for saleEstablished Member
Impact
A resident of Denmark purchased Zoe.in for 10,000 dollar.
Uniregistry was used for the transaction.

Zoe is the Latin spelling of the Greek name ζωή (Zoi) meaning Life

Source: http://our.in/lll-name-sold-10k-usd-verified/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Zoe .cc, .io, .tv all sold in the last few months for under $500 each. Source : Namebio

.IN starting to show real TLD brand strength

Last edited:
•••
•••
Check namebio for Zoe sales

•••
Congrats Buyer and Seller..:xf.smile:

•••
Can't believe .in domains are getting so much interest! Similarly, it's surprising to see people of other countries acquiring Indian domains for such staggering amounts of money.

•••
It is not surprising at all. Some domainers already sold hundreds of thousands worth of .in domains, let alone many-many those who already made $xx,xxx.

Last edited:
•••
It is not surprising at all. Some domainers already sold hundreds of thousands worth of .in domains, let alone many-many those who already made $xx,xxx.

Yeah I know some .in names have been fetching impressive good prices, but didn't know some of the things you mentioned. Thank you for sharing them.

However, what I find surprising is that a lot of people outside India are taking interest in .in domains when they are only many to serve the Indian markets. And this is not just domainers that I'm talking about, but end users as well.

•••
Congrats the seller, as he waited almost 5 years to get his $1000 to become $10,000

•••
Yeah I know some .in names have been fetching impressive good prices, but didn't know some of the things you mentioned. Thank you for sharing them.

However, what I find surprising is that a lot of people outside India are taking interest in .in domains when they are only many to serve the Indian markets. And this is not just domainers that I'm talking about, but end users as well.

Most of buyers (end user) interest to .in domains is from foreigners - I mean high $$$ sales. This is what makes .in domains especially attractive investment.

Last edited:
•••
Most of buyers (end user) interest to .in domains is from foreigners - I mean high $$$ sales. This is what makes .in domains especially attractive investment.

What do you think could be the reason for this? I mean, as I told, .in domains are specifically meant to serve the Indian internet users, so what makes foreigners pay such high prices for them?

Is it because the extension is kind of "cool"?

•••
Many enter India for doing business, many consider it being cool, short for "internet", "info" or domain hacks like "get in".

•••
Many enter India for doing business, many consider it being cool, short for "internet", "info" or domain hacks like "get in".

Makes sense, especially given some surprisingly good sales for names like campervan//in, which is something very uncommon in India.

Apart from what you mentioned, I think another major factor could be the rapidly growing number of startups in India and the Indian government's initiatives to encourage startups.

•••
Zoi - girl name. but good name for travel blog

•••
Congrats the seller, as he waited almost 5 years to get his $1000 to become $10,000
this is not true.. i beleive just 30 usd to 10k usd .. its a direct registration.. i believe its not purchased by 1000 USD. May i know your source of information that the seller paid 1k 5 years before.

•••
Makes sense, especially given some surprisingly good sales for names like campervan//in, which is something very uncommon in India.

Apart from what you mentioned, I think another major factor could be the rapidly growing number of startups in India and the Indian government's initiatives to encourage startups.
its very simple thing.. 1.3 billion people are living in India, its a huge market itself... an established western company has loads of business opportunities in India.. holding a .IN name make them give the local feeling to the business . paying 2 to 10k usd is less than entertainment cost (a team dinner cost) of big companies.. any smart company will acquire their matching .IN these names for future use..

•••
its very simple thing.. 1.3 billion people are living in India, its a huge market itself... an established western company has loads of business opportunities in India.. holding a .IN name make them give the local feeling to the business . paying 2 to 10k usd is less than entertainment cost (a team dinner cost) of big companies.. any smart company will acquire their matching .IN these names for future use..

That might be a factor too. Not sure if it's that in this case though as the camping van industry is something that doesn't seem to be turning into a billion-dollar one in India in the near future. So I personally think it has to be something else in this case.

But that's just my opinion and I'm not the best person to comment on it.

•••
I have iZoe.com

I guess, the sale adds to its value as a good reference point )

•••
That might be a factor too. Not sure if it's that in this case though as the camping van industry is something that doesn't seem to be turning into a billion-dollar one in India in the near future. So I personally think it has to be something else in this case.

But that's just my opinion and I'm not the best person to comment on it.
If it was turning into a billion dollar industry in India, I would not have let it go under 5 figures. The buyer is from Germany in this case.

•••
this is not true.. i beleive just 30 usd to 10k usd .. its a direct registration.. i believe its not purchased by 1000 USD. May i know your source of information that the seller paid 1k 5 years before.
Lol,

Check yourself and educate yourself.

I am not here to prove everything.

https://namebio.com/zoe.in

•••
If it was turning into a billion dollar industry in India, I would not have let it go under 5 figures. The buyer is from Germany in this case.

Thanks for chiming in. This coming from you as the seller settles it then.

I was sure it can't be for the Indian market as there's hardly such a thing called camper van in India. So it has to be the foreigners interest in .in domains that we have been discussing on this thread.

•••
Lol,

Check yourself and educate yourself.

I am not here to prove everything.

https://namebio.com/zoe.in

My friend you have to check the facts.. you are referrring the 2012 sale .. later the name dropped and the current seller has re-registered.. in reality less than 25 USD spent on this name and returned 10k :)

Domain Name:ZOE.IN
Created On:05-Apr-2014 20:00:33 UTC
Last Updated On:17-Dec-2017 20:38:31 UTC
Expiration Date:05-Apr-2019 20:00:33 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Uniregistrar Corp (R169-AFIN)

•••
My friend you have to check the facts.. you are referrring the 2012 sale .. later the name dropped and the current seller has re-registered.. in reality less than 25 USD spent on this name and returned 10k :)

Domain Name:ZOE.IN
Created On:05-Apr-2014 20:00:33 UTC
Last Updated On:17-Dec-2017 20:38:31 UTC
Expiration Date:05-Apr-2019 20:00:33 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Uniregistrar Corp (R169-AFIN)
Thanks I didn't noticed that.

•••
Wow. I used to own some killer .in domains back in the day. My favourite one was Lizard.in, which I sold for a good amount. Nice to see sales like this, .in will grow fast as more users come online in India.

•••
Thanks for chiming in. This coming from you as the seller settles it then.

I was sure it can't be for the Indian market as there's hardly such a thing called camper van in India. So it has to be the foreigners interest in .in domains that we have been discussing on this thread.
Even Indians are not used to cake cutting if you refer back the history .. where they are today? for everything people are doing the cake cutting, including engagement , weddings..etc .. Indians were not used to buy diapers for babies but now most of them are shopping the same.. .over time and with economy growing things does change.. as we all know change is the only constant thing. .. leaving all that securing their business name for future use for such as small amount is 4k to 10k for an established company is smart brand protection opportunity

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back