NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

namekahuna

Let's make $$$Established Member
Impact
Hi guys,

I'd like to get some appraisals on this domain if you can. We plan to develop a registrar under it if we don't get the price we think it's worth for it on the market. Just recently listed after sitting in our portfolio dormant because the plan was to develop it into a registrar and host.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Google zipdomains. This thread is the first result. The second is, "Watch for Domain Scammers like ZipDomains". It's old, but it's still right there for everyone to see. I don't think anyone would buy it from you, and I wouldn't use it as a registrar.

•••
Ok not the input I was looking for. I still think I can sell it for xx,xxx but it does look like the last owners were trying some questionable business models. Reps can be rebuilt quickly with good seo.

Last edited:
•••
Ok not the input I was looking for. I still think I can sell it for xx,xxx but it does look like the last owners were trying some questionable business models. Reps can be rebuilt quickly with good seo.
xx,xxx?
I don't think so brother

•••
Please provide an appraisal, as if there were no negative reviews. Just appraise based on domain name strength only. The negative reviews are from 10 years ago. I acquired the domain last year. Once again, with good seo and a legit business, you will outrank those negative reviews in days. It's called reputation management.

•••
not feel as a right name for registrar or host...btw, if u talk price, xx as reseller price here....

•••
I like the name, "ZIP" brand probably has a lot of TM's, so hopefully nothing crosses over.

Domainers don't pay much for branding type domains, or a premium becuase they would rather source them out for themselves.

It is a pretty cut throat margin business, unless someone really wanted the brand for a total build out you would get a decent number otherwise you are probably looking best case scenario current market at about $1,000 - $2500 range for a semi interested user/flipper. For a reseller you are probably looking at about $500 range.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks wwwweb, for actually giving an appraisal . I don't think anyone owns all zipxxx as a trademark. There are many well known comapnies that start with zip owned by different corporations ( ex: zipfile, ziprecruiter, zipcar, ziprealty etc) all different companies, so no issues there.

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back