Dynadot

yourpokerapp(dot)com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

henrybleu

Established Member
Impact
I'm new at this, and any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yourpokerapp.com

Domain Age: Unable To Determine.
Exact Monthly Searches: 0
Domain Length: 12
Word Length: 3

The Keywords "Poker" and "App" are both quite good, with "Poker app" receiving 1900 exact monthly searches.

The "Your" really causes problems in this name however, and would really limit its potential without being fully developed and generating its own natural traffic.

Don't feel down about this, and I'll be blunt, but it is quite unlikely you will run into any really good names until you have purchased many lower grade names and learned from them first, of course the odd good name is a bonus on the path!

Before making any decisions to buy there's some things to consider, and while there are many, many things that equal a domains value, it will always come down to what someone is willing to pay for it.

What you can do though, is narrow the name down to a rough price margin you would accept for it, and also give it a good appraisal to understand the domains intrinsic value, such as;

Domain age:

While this has commonly been conceived as something that greatly affects the search rankings, is not such a big factor now, but does still play a part, consider that all big ticket domains have been off the market for a LOT of years, so no age, no big paycheck.

Exact Monthly Searches:

This is a pretty big one, not gonna lie, domains with traffic and keywords that are used constantly and consistently will always have value, and are quite liquid, so always take the time to check the searches on your name with Google's Keyword Tool.

e.g: Phones.com (Keyword "Phones") gets 1,000,000 monthly Google searches.

Domain Length:

Another big one, obviously if you have a.com or bb.com you are looking at a serious ticket price, and will have no trouble selling it, as opposed to aaaaaaaaaaaaaa.com, which is virtually worthless.

Word Length:

This one is fairly straight forward, simple rule, 1, 2, & 3 words are acceptable, with one and two being the most valuable, 3 generally being mid ticket at best. Treat 4 or more like the plague, they won't do you, or anyone else any good.

Anyhow, I hope my overkill explanation helps you to make the best choices for where you are at in this stage of your domain investments, and I will leave you with what I consider a few jewels to learn;

Go study drop catchers, and apply the above knowledge to aged quality domains to weed the best of the best out, most hand registered names won't be spectacular, but you can hand register some good recently dropped domains if no one has used said drop catchers to secure them.

If you go after acronym domains, don't stray far from .com/net/org .co/.in can work out, and study letter categories, just search for premium letters, and stay away from four letter domains with more than one low quality letter.

Good luck on your ventures!
Ez

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back