IT.COM

question Your Very Own Domain Portfolio...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DanBingham

Top Member
Impact
Do you host your own website portfolio?

If so, has it worked for you, and what do think have been the benefits?
If not, why not?

Hosting your own portfolio has got to be the way to go, right?

The freedom to create your own landers, the opportunity to generate your own revenue stream, and track visitor data to name a few.

We set ours up a few months ago, and wouldn't look back.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Do you host your own website portfolio?

Yes

If so, has it worked for you, and what do think have been the benefits?

Yes
Building a 14 year database of end users, that doesn't happen with anonymous offers, also no conflict of interest, Sedo, Afternic, Uniregistry have their own portfolios to sell so basically to make an offer they need to create an account so your leads/traffic are powering their sales or another domainers sales and allowing them to email market them as well. All these companies were built by domainers domains for pay per click revenue which made sense to possibly lose those leads as parking payouts were high back then, payouts have dropped so the reason more people are doing their own pages/markets or at least redirecting sales links direct as easier to abandon parking income when it's a fraction of what it used to be, build your future, don't give away leads that can generate a lifetime of profits for someone other than you.

Hosting your own portfolio has got to be the way to go, right?

Hosting your own or a few hosted platforms out there as well.

Last edited:
•••
Works for me- I like complete control what the end-user will see, and how they can reach me. Generally I use my own domain portfolios for long-term investments, and third-party platforms for my throw-away names where I don't care about the negotiating.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back