NameSilo

Your opinion about .WORLD selling potential ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Domain advice

Impact
Hi all,

I bought around 40 .WORLD a year ago but didn't do anything to promote them (forum, sedo, even landpage...). Now it is reneval time and it is around 30 doll each.
All of them are usual and current word in english and in around 5 letters.
I am thinking about two startegies :
- renewal them all and post them on sedo, godaddy auction, flippa and forum + ask a friend an html landing page to put on everyone with a mail contact.
- let them expire but it is hard because I spent time, energy and money

What do you think ? Is .world at decent price this year ?
ideally if you have experience please contact me in PM so I can give you the precise name in order to have your kind opinion.

THANK you in advance

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
NameBio shows 7 sales for .World. They range from $999 to $10K with the most recent sale being in September 2015. Those are not real great results.

Right now you are looking at 40 x $30 or a $1,200/year renewal bill. Is it worth throwing good money after bad? That is your decision, but I would only renew true top tier terms.

Brad

•••
NameBio shows 7 sales for .World. They range from $999 to $10K with the most recent sale being in September 2015. Those are not real great results.

Right now you are looking at 40 x $30 or a $1,200/year renewal bill. Is it worth throwing good money after bad? That is your decision, but I would only renew true top tier terms.

Brad

I too have a piece of me that was/is fond of the dot worlds. MY reasoning.......when a store name ends in "WORLD" it means they are big....they have everything in the world you would want to find." Hence, I have a large collection of single word many 3 letter dot worlds like: cat.world dog.world bag.world
Longer ones like: gown.world christmas.world

My only deviation from the 3 letter or word world was to purchase: 345.world.

ALL of which could be retail sites online or brick and mortar.

Brad, were did you get your 7 sales stat and what do you consider "top tier?"

•••
Hi all,

I bought around 40 .WORLD a year ago but didn't do anything to promote them (forum, sedo, even landpage...). Now it is reneval time and it is around 30 doll each.
All of them are usual and current word in english and in around 5 letters.
I am thinking about two startegies :
- renewal them all and post them on sedo, godaddy auction, flippa and forum + ask a friend an html landing page to put on everyone with a mail contact.
- let them expire but it is hard because I spent time, energy and money

What do you think ? Is .world at decent price this year ?
ideally if you have experience please contact me in PM so I can give you the precise name in order to have your kind opinion.

THANK you in advance

HI. I posted a response in Brad's response to you. I also have an inner fondness/suspicion about the value of dot worlds. If a business name ends in "world" it has everything you want and is the place to shop. Please let me know your thoughts and feedback you get on the subject. I think you have raised a good talking point.

~ Margaret

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back