IT.COM

Your favorite tools, apps, sites when doing domain(s) research

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi guys,

I thought I'll make this thread so that everybody can share their own little "secret" tools or sites that they use when doing domain name research. I can start ;)
(Please no advert or affiliates.)

DynaDot - For their bulk search, they support a lot of tlds. But only 1000 dn at a time.
DomainTools - Domain name history
Sedo/Bido/Afternic - Marketplaces
DomainSherpa - Interesting interviews and advices.
SpyFu - Keyword research.
JustDropped - Domain drops.
Wordoid - Domain name suggestions.
Epik - Appraisal.
and NamePros :D

I guess that is all, so What are yours?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I like domaining.com** for the blog aggregation. Have all the main domain blogs on the main page, in order of post date and you can pick and choose which blogs you want to show up. So very easy to scan and then click on over to the blog if you want to read more.

**of course my login isn't working at the moment, so hopefully that gets fixed soon

•••
Research:

ZFBot.com-finding end-users
DomainTools.com-whois information
Google Adwords Keyword Tool-keyword research
DNJournal.com-completed sales research
DNSalePrice-completed sales research
Estibot/Valuate/NowYo-free appraisals (simply for reference only)
DomainSherpa-interviews/education
NamePros/DNF-discussion/minor sales

Buying/Selling:

Sedo-marketplace
Afternic-marketplace
Toby Clements-broker

Last edited:
•••
What infomation

By the way what information or pieces of info are useful when searching for domains? :)

I narrowed it down to...
if regged then expire date
admin mail
ip (A) - shared or not
dns servers
maybe a geo location
search engine rankings

something else?

@av1atic I checked out the ZFbot, pretty neat. But weird you can't scroll when on results

•••
@av1atic I checked out the ZFbot, pretty neat. But weird you can't scroll when on results

I have that issue when browsing with Chrome. It works fine on Internet Explorer though.

•••
SEO Book Great keyword list generator!

Kind regards,
Marcia

•••
FreshDrop.net - searching for expiring / deleted domains (could i have a discount? lol)

Sedo.com - searching for similar domains that are listed for sale (how many offers they get, etc)

freewho.org (great whois checking tool where you could click on emails! - very important feature when you're mailing endusers - made by one of the members here as I remember)

Last edited:
•••

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back