Dynadot

Your Domain Reseller choice

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NCM

Impact
Hi,

Thanks for this forum. I'm rather a domaining beginner, more especialized in SEO than in domaining particularly. I have domain names to sell, dedicated to the french market, in .fr and .com
According to you, due to your experience and objectivity (your feedbacks are always interesting to complete each service providers promotion and description on their website), could you please :

1. Summarize (bullet point list, for instance) what are the main advantages and drawbacks of each following domain name reseller and services : Sedo, Uniregistry, Undeveloped, Name Pros too :)... (other ones that I forgot ?)

2. In a more comprehensive manner, what potential other criteria could influence my choice of selling more with a domain broker than an other ?

3. Finally, should I sell my each domain names through only one reselling service, or more than one ?

Thanks a lot for your answers,
Best regards, :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can list your domain with all sellers just as long as they don't require you to forward the domain to their servers. A lot of domainers do that. But it is in your best interest, if you want to price the domain. To do it at only 1 company, and all the other companies should be Make Offer. The advantage of this strategy is you get your domain under as much potential buyers noses as possible. The disadvantage of this strategy, is your best buyers are usually visiting the domain directly. For which you need a parking page with an inquiry form for each domain and your domain pointing to that page. That strategy does not impinge on the strategy of listing your domain everywhere you can. The 2 obvious examples would be to list at Sedo & Afternic, and point your domain to it's own parking page (where you would pay no commissions). This parking page could include Efty. But I'm not sure what the prices they charge these days. But I know it's not a lot.

•••
Nothing is easy. You need to work at this and get your hands dirty.

For me personally. Sedo has been a big BUST for me. But listing with Afternic will get you listed on GoDaddy as well as Afternic's network of resellers (which competes with Sedo's network of resellers). However, they are often times are the same resellers.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for your very clear answers @stub.
To apply this strategy consisting in listing domains on several domain marketplace, like Sedo or Afternic for instance, I could also set a parking page at undeveloped service (which could be an alternative solution to Efty, with 9 % commissions in contrast, I believe) ?
And why Sedo had been a "big BUST" for you ?

Last edited:
•••
I don't think I've sold a domain on Sedo for about 2 years. Recently, they have made it hard because they want me to revalidate every domain by pointing them to Sedo again, because unconsciously I was trying to remove all the dead wood there by deleting all the domains, so I could add a fresh current list. This is a very hard thing to do in bulk. I have better use of my time. Especially when there is little to no reward.

Although Undeveloped is an OK service. It's quite new. I just wonder why you would prefer to pay 9% commissions, than have them without any commission at Efty. Which is more polished. IMHO. Undeveloped appears to follows the same model as Sedo (although it's not mandatory after they have verified the domain) inasmuch they want you to point the domains to their servers. So they get your traffic for free and then charge you commissions on any sales. Seems very unfair, to me. If I were you. I'd much prefer to point my domains to Efty for very little money. It might take a little more effort to set each domain up at Efty than Undecided. Because you are more in control.

•••
Ok for your Sedo experience.
That's an interesting point of view about Efty Vs Undeveloped. Beyond the commission, do you think escrow payment through Undeveloped more particularly could justify these fees ? I don't think there is the same feature with Efty. Could it be a "a sales barrier" which could jeopardise the sells oposite to the buyers ? Does security transaction through escrow payment is increasingly sought on domain market ?

Moreover, according to me and except the commissions, may be the main Undeveloped pain point (for this commission level) is that they are not a really market place but over all a parking domain service with security payment, to resume. So they don't allow the maximum visibility for reach as much potential buyers noses as possible. Sedo and Afternic seem to be able to solve this issue of course..

Last edited:
•••
Efty has an excellent Escrow.com payment system in place. Which is why I would use it for Sales. (If I didn't have my own website under development). Many domainers are using Undeveloped. Many use Efty too. With Undeveloped you pay 9% commissions. With Efty you pay a small amount each month to use them. I'd prefer to use Efty over Undeveloped. It's up to you to decide,what you would prefer to do.

•••
If your domains are dedicated to the french market, think to the potential buyer. It will be easier for a buyer if the marketplace has french pages.
As far a i know there are 3 main marketplaces with french pages: godaddy, sedo and undeveloped. I haven't tried godaddy and I prefer using undeveloped vs sedo.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back