IT.COM

domain Your best .TV hand-reg of the day with appraisals

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TheBulldog

Your Showbiz ConnectionVIP Member
Impact
Obviously there are two sides on the TV forum about hand-reg's. About half a dozen feel that hand-reg's are not worth anything "because if it's still there, it ain't worth two horse patties".

I am not in that camp, nor are many others.....so let's try a "hand-reg" thread.

Rules
1) Only post what you feel is a great hand-registration. mybigvideopalace.tv is NOT a good hand-reg. You all are smart enough to know what is good and what is crap.
2) Explain why it is good, and why you chose it.
3) Explain how it could be dev'd.
4) If you are going to say "hand-reg's suck" go find another thread to feel superior in.
5) Appraisals welcome and desired: Give constructive critisism and explain exactly why and what you appraise it for. Don't just say "it sucks", tell them why it sucks.
6) Max of one hand-reg post per day. Max of 3 hand-reg's in that post.
7) Give people time to appraise. Don't bump for appraisals. If no one responded, use your brain.

I will start:

Hand Reg: Crying.tv
Reason: Random search, but it has 22K+ overture, which is huge.
DEV: Have you ever seen someone cry? Women do it, men do it, kids do it. How about a place for people to get together and talk about their feelings? Or perhaps just a place for people to share joyous occasions: Births, weddings, graduations, etc.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
MovingService.tv - nice overture!

•••
Re .tv my favorite ones I've hand reg'd are:

Glamor.tv
LavaLamp.tv (would make a great channel for retro shows, etc.)
Ritzy.tv (would be a great channel for expensive vacations, home tours etc.)
Tats.tv --- I sold it via Sedo. :)

•••
just picked up ... inflatables.tv ... pretty nice numbers

•••
Just picked up AmericanRevolution.tv ( 34K ovt ) and FrenchRevolution.tv ( 27K ovt )

•••
oxford.tv but if all the brains in oxford dint bother maybe its not a good idea this dot tv

•••
hullswingerscom said:
oxford.tv but if all the brains in oxford dint bother maybe its not a good idea this dot tv

Great reg!

•••
namewaiter said:

LOVE this one- as a mom who rents these things for b-day parties- i want to see ahead of time what i am getting- and altho pictures work, video of set up, take down, how many kids can bounce safely, would be more awesome-
these things arent cheap, so you want to make sure you get the right one-
very nice-

•••
Just regd. Guitarists.TV

I play a bit myself so might be fun!

•••
smashfactory said:
LOVE this one- as a mom who rents these things for b-day parties- i want to see ahead of time what i am getting- and altho pictures work, video of set up, take down, how many kids can bounce safely, would be more awesome-
very nice-

Great comment, made the domain very intuitive for me to look at.

•••
hullswingerscom said:

Wasn't this a premium?

•••
Amazed.TV said:
Wasn't this a premium?

yes he said in another thread 500.00

•••
hullswingerscom said:

Lol :) really...

Of course, it's amazing how dumb people are when it comes to securing domains. This includes many major businesses as well as most of the top brains in universities....

SO, very nice reg indeed!

•••
I love Oxford.tv and Guitarists.tv Excellent IMO

Also inflatables has great potential!

•••
me geting oxford.tv ,tells me that maybe this dot tv is not a good investment these guys know there stuff hell there all into computer studys this is very strange to me.
am not being funny but dont you think it a bit odd,okits not stand reg it was $500 year ,but still interesting one.

•••
Not odd in the least. I've picked up dozens of excellent domains in the last year, and so have dozens of others. You are just getting into this extension at the proper time, demand is swelling. Plus, you did pick up a premium, which are selling slower, IMO, since non premium registrations can still provide startling good domains.

•••
ok ill go with that.like you say am just getting into dot tv.but this is my last buy spent moe then enough.i think its the way to go but you would of thought this oxford tv would have gone,still maybe there all to busy haveing sex at glasdonberry

•••
who did you expect to "jump all over it" oxford in the other extensions all have differnet owners- i expext no one was gonna jump it- but now, someone bringing it to their attention...... thats a different story-

you need a better outlook hull

•••
dont understand last post sorry

•••
hullswingerscom said:
dont understand last post sorry

ok- you regged a name- and before you gave it a chance, you were down on it because someone did not get it before you?

•••
yes your right am sorry after i got the name i started to wonder why ,after all oxford does have the most brainy people in the world next prim ministers may come from there place of learning so i started to think ,why no one got it from oxford...that all.
but anyway i leave at that.

•••
DealStore.Tv It is my first .tv
I regged this because DealStore.Com was sold on SnapNames for 6,211$ and all DealStore.tlds were regged

•••
ofcourse.tv

362.000.000 google results for "of course". very common phrase. easy to brand for any product

•••
smashfactory said:
very nice-

thanks smash, just the type of thing i was hoping when i got it!

•••
Reg'd "wider.tv", you can see how a television manufacturer might like that one!

•••
OK, so I just discovered this thread after commenting about the oxford reg on another thread so I'll move it here as this looks like the place its being discussed:

Oxford.tv good solid name with great potential regardless of the 500 premium. This one has been on my buy list since early May – just didn’t pull the trigger as I was focused on some other projects. Don’t be too concerned that it was still available. I very much doubt that the natural users of this name in Oxford know about .TV yet. There are many uses for Oxford. When I researched this name I discovered that there is an Oxford Student’s Cable channel. Another big plus is good OVT results in almost all European languages – so you have a good name which crosses the linguistic barrier as an international tourism portal. Since there are already some good old fashioned .com Oxford guides you should consider putting up some video tours of the city, universities, hotels, pubs, etc. and do a tie-in with one of the many local Bustour companies and other all-in tour operators. With so many students, prospective students, parents of students, history buffs, etc, should be very possible to find sponsors once you’ve got a good functioning site. The more I write the more I like it…and feel like I shoulda regged it. Best of Luck

I really like this one! Lots of uses, including the adult industry

And now for my contribution to the hand-reg list: Last week I regged

BritishComedy.TV

Idea is pretty straight forward - a destination for all the great British Comedy - TV and and movies (Monty Pithon, Are You Being Served, Little Britain, Father Ted, Benny Hill, The Office, etc. and of course Carry On. How about short clips of various shows, affiliate links to Amazon for purchase of DVD, and down the road pay per view...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back