Domain Empire

Best Way To List At Afternic

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Cdomains

Top Member
Impact
In all the time I have been domaining I have mostly used my own landing pages. I have had my domains listed at some marketplaces briefly, but never for long until recently.

I would like to list at Afternic, but need advice on the best way to list.

Do you recommend setting BINs for better sales and exposure on their seller network?

Should I list as make offer only?

Also, what about min offer amounts - what min offers do you use, and to list quickly do you just set a standard min offer across all domains?

What do you think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If anybody else were wondering about this, the answer is that you can't change the letter case of an Afternic listed domain.

Whist this may be true, @MasterOfMyDomains has stated above that you can delete the domain and re-list it. I haven't tried this recently, but this used to work for me, also.

•••
Whist this may be true, @MasterOfMyDomains has stated above that you can delete the domain and re-list it. I haven't tried this recently, but this used to work for me, also.
You can delete it and relist it with the desired letter case, but a lot of the time your name will then be stuck in "in review" status before the listing works again. Until then, the Afternic landing page for the domain will resolve in a 404.

•••
You can delete it and relist it with the desired letter case, but a lot of the time your name will then be stuck in "in review" status before the listing works again. Until then, the Afternic landing page for the domain will resolve in a 404.

What do Afternic say about that problem?

•••
What do Afternic say about that problem?
They don't think it is a problem. That's just how their system works. You simply have to wait for the name to be reviewed.

Not entirely sure what "in review" means though, as some names get "reviewed" and listed in a few hours, while other names may still be "in review" status for more than a month. If a listing does not work for more than a month, it could very well lead to a lost sale, so personally I'm not going to delete any names just to relist them with a different letter case. You just never know which names might be stuck in review for weeks, or even more than a month.

•••
They don't think it is a problem. That's just how their system works. You simply have to wait for the name to be reviewed.

Not entirely sure what "in review" means though, as some names get "reviewed" and listed in a few hours, while other names may still be "in review" status for more than a month. If a listing does not work for more than a month, it could very well lead to a lost sale, so personally I'm not going to delete any names just to relist them with a different letter case. You just never know which names might be stuck in review for weeks, or even more than a month.

They have no remarks why some resolve in a few hours and others take over a month? I've noticed that too.That doesn't sound like FIFO.

Last edited:
•••
I was told those names stuck “in review” require “additional review”. I don’t know what this entails.

Also some names suddenly go into “in review” status after having been listed for months, even though there has been no registrar/WHOIS/DNS changes to the domain.

•••
I was told those names stuck “in review” require “additional review”. I don’t know what this entails.

Also some names suddenly go into “in review” status after having been listed for months, even though there has been no registrar/WHOIS/DNS changes to the domain.

AHA! they could be analyzing traffic then?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back