Domain Empire

You all decide am I right or is Sedo right (Part 2 fastfood.com)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Sedo ethics part 2 --

Sedo published domain sale of fastfood.com for 250k usd somewhere between 2013-15. Someone made an offer of 250k usd for fastfood and then it was on auction for 7 days and domain was shown sold for 250k usd.
I followed that auction as I was interested in fastfood but 250k was out of my reach that time.
Everywhere on domain forums , dnjournal , namebio it was mentioned that fastfood was sold for 250k usd.

You all know what. That auction was never paid. And sedo and dave evanson did not care to issue a public info on the same. They all lied.
So in 2018 i made an offer of 95k usd for fastfood.com which was immediately accepted ( in just a min of making an offer ). I was about to send money next day ..
But through my meditation and Indian Mantra power I came to know that all this was a trap from sedo .. the fastfood price of 250k was a lie and auction was never paid.
If i am lying about this I challenge to all domainers to ask about it from sedo..
I refused to pay 250k usd and asked sedo to cancel the deal as they did for hormone.com with me.
Sedo refused. They said i have to pay commission of 12-14k usd for fastfood.
I asked Dave evanson when sale has not taken place , why should I pay commission. And why sedo did not bother to issue a public statement mentioning that their previous public release of 250k for fastfood was a lie. They must have cleared the air.
Sedo refused and blocked my account. Even though i joined sedo in 2011.
This kind of ethics sedo has and these hifi brokers have.
Sedo be sure India is not your playground and time has come now to create a transparent and ethical domain platform. I have never been to any domain conference and have no touch with any Indian domainer but i will do whatever I need to do so that sedo does not play it's dirty tricks with anyone else.
I also feel that selling price of kush.com is far greater than 500k but the seller has been given only 500k ..

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Show me where it says any big company is Allowed to report false sales..
Is this a joke going on or is it shell bidding kind of activity..

They reported sale as industry standard when the deal was agreed.

Deal fell through.

Should they have posted a retraction? Eh, I think so.
Do they have to? Not at all. You could of at any time gone on whois to verify if domain transfer actually happened.

•••
Maybe you shouldn’t base your offers on past sales fake or not. You seem very riled up when you sir backed out of a deal and are in the wrong.

Sedo has every right to show you the door. You should have done your due diligence before you made the offer. If the name was never sold the last time I am sure that false bidder like yourself was shown the door.

This post makes you look bad not Sedo.

•••
Obre
BULL... I work in finance and that is completely wrong. Mistakes happen, get over it. Whose fault is it that you do not have resources?

If you needed it... you should have offered...

"I am offering $95k for FastFood.com AS LONG AS Sedo provides that the domain was last sold for $500k."

Again, YOUR FAULT for not requesting it.

It is after all nearly $100k... A LOT of money. Are you really that stupid to throw around that much money without doing full due dilligence?

I suppose you send money to Nigerian Princes who need to smuggle gold out of the country too, right? Or what about those domain appraisal scams?

Bottom line, you are pissed off that you did not get that 80% off deal. You thought you were smarter.

Sad part is... the domain is likely worth the full $300k being asked for it.

Reality is.. I highly doubt anyone here is going to want to do a deal with you and glad that Sedo shut down your account for backing out of such a deal. You did not take it seriously.

What you wanted was someone to sell you a $100 bill for $20.

You may justify what sedo did is right. And regarding account blocked I am not caring about it.
People have done business with me and will do again. You or sedo do not have copyright on internet.
If according to you honoring a deal which was decided by the wrong info is must than i am glad I do not floow these type of unethical ways to earn money.
If fastfood sale of 500k would have been reported by someone else other than sedo ( though it was also false ) and if i have put 95k usd bid for fastfood on sedo , than I have not backed out from it..
Here the sale reports issuer was sedo only and the platform was also sedo.
I can see sedo trying hard to shut me up.
No words from your end whether sedo is right in reporting a fake sale or not.. lol

•••
Obre

You may justify what sedo did is right. And regarding account blocked I am not caring about it.
People have done business with me and will do again. You or sedo do not have copyright on internet.
If according to you honoring a deal which was decided by the wrong info is must than i am glad I do not floow these type of unethical ways to earn money.
If fastfood sale of 500k would have been reported by someone else other than sedo ( though it was also false ) and if i have put 95k usd bid for fastfood on sedo , than I have not backed out from it..
Here the sale reports issuer was sedo only and the platform was also sedo.
I can see sedo trying hard to shut me up.
No words from your end whether sedo is right in reporting a fake sale or not.. lol

Yep... and you are just the guy who does not care about his word or legal obligation. You only cared that someone stupid was going to sell you a $500k domain for $95k. If you thought it was worth $500k, why did you only offer $95k?

There is the thread about whether people should be shamed or not. lol... you are doing it here yourself.

Again, not saying Sedo should not have corrected it... but I have yet to see anyone come back and say their reported sale did not go through.

If Sedo screwed you... hire a laweyer in the states and sue Sedo.

•••
Maybe you shouldn’t base your offers on past sales fake or not. You seem very riled up when you sir backed out of a deal and are in the wrong.

Sedo has every right to show you the door. You should have done your due diligence before you made the offer. If the name was never sold the last time I am sure that false bidder like yourself was shown the door.

Might be sedo have shown the door to that bidder. I take this statement coming out from sedo through you.
But if they are listing domain again for sale on their platform they must have clarified about it publically....
And regarding resources yes we don't have access to so many domain tools as you have and we are also not in any quid pro quo with companies like sedo for mutual benefit...
If I would have been in place of sedo and sedo in mine then you would pointed me out as a fraud for falsely pasting wrong sale and thereby increasing the price of domain name.
Pls ask sedo have money been sent to them or not if my offer has been accepted by them.
By your loud talks you cannot justify wrong doings of sedo

•••
YES with a but......

The name you that you had an accepted offer on was not stolen and I repeat it was down to you to conduct a thorough due diligence before placing that accepted offer.

You can't blame anyone else for your actions as you are responsible for them. The whole bit about Sedo's ethics is a side issue which would of come up before your accepted bid IF you had done your research first

This is my last post in this thread as you are moving the goal posts every time......
Thats what i am asking. How else should i have done research.. whom should I have asked , where should I have checked.
Are you saying all these domain newsletters to which you might be also subscribed , not credible enough..

•••
Might be sedo have shown the door to that bidder. I take this statement coming out from sedo through you.
But if they are listing domain again for sale on their platform they must have clarified about it publically....
And regarding resources yes we don't have access to so many domain tools as you have and we are also not in any quid pro quo with companies like sedo for mutual benefit...
If I would have been in place of sedo and sedo in mine then you would pointed me out as a fraud for falsely pasting wrong sale and thereby increasing the price of domain name.
Pls ask sedo have money been sent to them or not if my offer has been accepted by them.
By your loud talks you cannot justify wrong doings of sedo

I have zero interest in Sedo nor have I ever sold there... and I do think they should publish bad sales that did not go through... HOWEVER... it does not change the fact that you made an offer, they accepted.

1. Did you ask them... "Did this domain sell for $500k last year or whenever it was?"
If they lied... there is something you can do. Again, your fault you did not ask.

•••
•••
Thats what i am asking. How else should i have done research.. whom should I have asked , where should I have checked.
Are you saying all these domain newsletters to which you might be also subscribed , not credible enough..

Um for starters go on freaking Whois and do a basic search!

You can also do a screen history to see if anything changed in time.

All of it is there... accessible from anywhere.

•••
Faks

False bidder - sorry to say you are wrong.
You can check with technical team of sedo if I have bought the domain names or not from them whenever my offer has been accepted by sedo....

•••
The sale was reported by DNPric.es it was not listed @Namebio @Michael

The auction ended in 2014

https://sedo.com/search/details/?aid=175890&partnerid=44384&tracked=&language=us&origin=partner

so there we go.. Auction closed... but nowhere does it say the deal closed and paid for.
If there is an issue, go after DNPric.es who just likely wanted to get the first scoop on it and posted it without verifying.... NOWHERE does it say Sedo said it sold and closed for $500k.

•••
It's m
Yep... and you are just the guy who does not care about his word or legal obligation. You only cared that someone stupid was going to sell you a $500k domain for $95k. If you thought it was worth $500k, why did you only offer $95k?

There is the thread about whether people should be shamed or not. lol... you are doing it here yourself.

Again, not saying Sedo should not have corrected it... but I have yet to see anyone come back and say their reported sale did not go through.

It's my wish to offer whatever I wanna offer. If the domain is worth 500k i am sure domainers will try to get it for lesser price. In my case i try to get at 15-20% price. Is there any universal rule where I need to consult you before offering any price. I am also sure yourself will try to get domain for cheap price and then flipping it for higher price.
At the end of the day someone already said that domainers are resellers not an end user

•••
I have zero interest in Sedo nor have I ever sold there... and I do think they should publish bad sales that did not go through... HOWEVER... it does not change the fact that you made an offer, they accepted.

1. Did you ask them... "Did this domain sell for $500k last year or whenever it was?"
If they lied... there is something you can do. Again, your fault you did not ask.

I don't believe Sedo did report it as sold neither @Michael Namebio has it and @Ron Jackson does not have it. So it looks like DNPric.es saw an auction close and listed it. Sedo also puts out a weekly sales report and it was not listed there.

Would have come out in this report https://www.thedomains.com/2014/07/24/sedo-transactions-total-1m-52-are-bin-open-tv-sells-for-25k/

•••
so there we go.. Auction closed... but nowhere does it say the deal closed and paid for.
If there is an issue, go after DNPric.es who just likely wanted to get the first scoop on it and posted it without verifying.... NOWHERE does it say Sedo said it sold and closed for $500k.
What are you saying man. Auction closed and not paid. Does it come in the category of domain name sales then.
May be some of you might work on these kind of principles but I dont

•••
Here the prices were not in range of
Here is the issue though...

WHERE in the agreement does it specify that your bid is only valid if past sales can be verified? Nowhere.

Yes... what Sedo did might not have been 100% kosher... but NONE of it has anything to do with you making a legally binding bid.

I.e.... You are buying a domain here from someone. They tell you they had a deal for it for $1,000 and they bought it. Now they need to sell it and are selling it to you firesale for $500.

You... as the buyer... Do you honestly believe or care what the person bought it for? You shouldn't. The only thing that matters is that you have to figure out if that domain is worth $500 to you and IF you can sell it for more.

Prices of domains go up and down, it happens. Assume every seller is lying..., it should not change the fact why you are buying it.

If you really needed the $250k deal from Sedo... then I got a bridge to sell you... it is a bit old... but still in very good condition, most of all gets TONS of traffic.
500 and 1000 usd.
Prices were in range of 6 fig

•••

Yea we can only be shamed but not sedo and others who are big in domaining..their wrong deeds are always right and ours are always wrong .if this world's justice system would have to run according to your wish then I understand whom you will favour

•••
Yea we can only be shamed but not sedo and others who are big in domaining..their wrong deeds are always right and ours are always wrong .if this world's justice system would have to run according to your wish then I understand whom you will favour

There are things we can shame Sedo for but nowhere as per the last few posts, did Sedo say the domain sold. No credible source reported it sold and paid for.

Auction ended, that is all that showed.

•••
I don't believe Sedo did report it as sold neither @Michael Namebio has it and @Ron Jackson does not have it. So it looks like DNPric.es saw an auction close and listed it. Sedo also puts out a weekly sales report and it was not listed there.

Would have come out in this report https://www.thedomains.com/2014/07/24/sedo-transactions-total-1m-52-are-bin-open-tv-sells-for-25k/

"" Another example if you were trying see what a domain name like FastDrive.com is worth you would find these other “Similar Sales”:

fastfood.com June 2014 $ 500,000 Sedo auction ""

What does similar sale mean then ???

•••

Just wondering... If you can't do any decent research as it's 'too complicated' in your part of the world, why the hell are you buying 95K domains?

It would've been nice if sedo retracted the past sales price but... Sedo is the broker for the seller. Not for you. You compared it to real estate somewhere. Now whenever I buy a property I get a professional valuation from my own broker and don't trust a word the seller says. I don't just go and check past sales. Past sales mean absolutely nothing.

•••
Lots of sales are faked or not paid for, but that does not justify backing out of a sale years later. You are in the wrong.

•••
There are things we can shame Sedo for but nowhere as per the last few posts, did Sedo say the domain sold. No credible source reported it sold and paid for.

Auction ended, that is all that showed.
I think you are just going around in circles with him :banghead: , he is either not understanding your posts or is ignoring the points raised and then shifting the conversation.......

Either way I would save your time and energy on more worthwhile pursuits!

•••
They reported sale as industry standard when the deal was agreed.

Deal fell through.

Should they have posted a retraction? Eh, I think so.
Do they have to? Not at all. You could of at any time gone on whois to verify if domain transfer actually happened.
Ya that was my mistake , i did not verify it from screenshot and all. Also domain was in privacy so did not know how to check about the owner. But still sedo is at fault as well.

•••
Ya that was my mistake , i did not verify it from screenshot and all. Also domain was in privacy so did not know how to check about the owner. But still sedo is at fault as well.

You really have more money than brains, don't you? :facepalm:
I'm sorry you are in this position but use it as a learning lesson.

•••

I agree by this statement of yours ... But what i am trying to say is if sedo has publicly posted about it , they should have at least mentioned little info about it with the domain itself.

•••
"" Another example if you were trying see what a domain name like FastDrive.com is worth you would find these other “Similar Sales”:

fastfood.com June 2014 $ 500,000 Sedo auction ""

What does similar sale mean then ???

That was a quote from DNPric.es who doesn't mean anything in this business. Sedo puts out a weekly sales report, @Ron Jackson and @Michael document them. What DNPric.es said meant nothing, absolutely nothing.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back