IT.COM

Yet another scam from Huge Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I stumbled upon an interesting scam that Huge Domains is doing.

I picked up an expired domain that use to belong to them.

I went to the third party sites that the domain was listed at and provided new ownership information, removing the listing.

A little while later, Huge Domains provided old information to these third party sites, and re-listed the domains for sale.

What's more is that they still list the domain for sale on their site, many months after the ownership change.

For a company that preys upon taking peoples domains that they fail to renew, you would think they would have the ability to ...you know...let a domain go.. and accept it.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As far as I know HugeDomains + Dropcatch + NameBright are all one.

•••
•••
let a domain go.. and accept it.

Surely they were letting the domain go... but they not letting the opportunity for getting money from it LOL

•••
Are hugedomains and dropcatch.com affiliates? If so, I as well have a problem

And what can you as a totally new account or duplicate np id explain what is the problem?

•••
And what can you as a totally new account or duplicate np id explain what is the problem?

Now that you mention it, I have never seen so many new members in a topic.

Picture0003.png
Picture0004.png
Picture0005.png

•••
•••
Sounds more like a mistake than a scam.

We live in the age of accusation, where many just don't see any problem with hurling very serious accusations at people and companies with no real evidence. Scares me a little.

•••
•••
Now that you mention it, I have never seen so many new members in a topic.

Show attachment 120040 Show attachment 120041 Show attachment 120042

Not everything's a conspiracy.

Think about how you first found namePros.

Some find it through Google while searching a particular topic. I think lots find namePros while looking to appraise their domains. Hence (I assume) one of the reasons why @Eric Lyon puts so much time effort into appraisals. And why some members spend quality time in the welcome section. By quality time, I don't mean posting "welcome" and liking every other post in the thread with hopes of increasing your like count. More so talking about new member recruitment through positive first experiences.

It seems more likely to me that the new members posting in this thread, found this page via searching for HugeDomains + Scam. And decided to create a nP account to comment. If a topic brings one new member through search engine results, odds are, it will bring new more members.

Last edited:
•••
Not everything's a conspiracy.

Think about how you first found namePros.

Some find it through Google while searching a particular topic. I think lots find namePros while looking to appraise their domains. Hence (I assume) one of the reasons why @Eric Lyon puts so much time effort into appraisals. And why some members spend quality time in the welcome section. By quality time, I don't mean posting "welcome" and liking every other post in the thread with hopes of increasing your like count. More so talking about new member recruitment through positive first experiences.

It seems more likely to me that the new members posting in this thread, found this page via searching for HugeDomains + Scam. And decided to create a nP account to comment. If a topic brings one new member through search engine results, odds are, it will bring new more members.

The way I posted it allowed everyone to draw their own conclusions.

•••
•••
The way I posted it allowed everyone to draw their own conclusions.

That you did.

And the first conclusion I drew was, CONSPIRACY!!!

Ha.

Then I challenged that thought, and came up with the above explanation as to why there's such a large ratio of new member to old member participating in this thread.

And posted it so those newbies don't get hassled by conspiracies.

•••
Picture0006.png

WOW..... I knew they were big but this is just..... HUGE!!

The last one PremiumDomains.com, I'm a bit curious about it.

I would love to see a marketplace similar to that where every domain listed would have to be approved as premium. A true premium marketplace where every domain was indeed premium and people could submit their premium domains.

In reality it will probably be their own marketplace where they sell what they consider their best premium domains.

•••
domainhacks,

Tell me the domain in a PM and I will investigate what you are saying. I agree with others here, did you contact us about this issue before calling us scammers?

-Andrew
you extorted me on thousands of dollars knowing full well of my depression and my suicidal tendencies because of you i had to be stopped by someone and because of you it may happen again, so don't act like you don't know exactly what you're doing.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back