IT.COM

Yet Another Person Banned From the Google AdSense Program

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

I was logging onto my account today and I saw the dread:

"Account Not Active
An AdSense account does not exist for this login, as it is associated with an unapproved application. For more information about your application, please review the message we sent to the email address you provided with your application."

I was really worried and I go to my email account, guess what? "*Google AdSense Account Disabled." I was so unbelievably angry and it gave me some reasons why my account could have been disabled but not of them pertained to me. I've always followed the rules and I've always hated the people that didn't

Before I never thought that Google Adsense banned without a reason and now I know all those people were telling the truth in these threads.

I replied to their email with a detailed response and hopefully I get a detailed explanation on why account was disabled. If they can't give me a good reason, I will be making a website devoted to helping people receive the right information and not signup for Google Adsense.

All I can say is BOYCOTT GOOGLE ADSENSE!

Thank you and I hope everyone can make the right decision now.

P.S. Look at my positive feedback and my reputation here, do you think I would do something stupid like click on my own ads?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Amnezia said:
what sort of CTR were you guys experiencing before you got banned? anything over 10% get automatically flagged for review.

I just checked and my average CTR for March thus far has been 10.23%

Being flagged and being accused of fraudulent activates are two different things entirely. Google did not tell me I was being flagged, they accused me of using illegal programs to drive up my clicks which I have not done..

Last edited:
•••
2knew said:
I think the point is that it was obviously fraudulent. He himself brought it to their attention and was subsequently banned. :(
I see. Silly me, I didn't read the entire thread. :red:

Since you were the one to tell Google about it, I agree its unfair that they would ban you.

•••
get_paid said:
I just checked and my average CTR for March thus far has been 10.23%

Being flagged and being accused of fraudulent activates are two different things entirely. Google did not tell me I was being flagged, they accused me of using illegal programs to drive up my clicks which I have not done..

Yep they do not tell you that you have been flagged but it is a general unwritten rule that when you average CTR exceeds 10% then your account gets manually reviewed.

It seems like most of the people that got banned have a very high CTR

•••
Amnezia said:
Yep they do not tell you that you have been flagged but it is a general unwritten rule that when you average CTR exceeds 10% then your account gets manually reviewed.

It seems like most of the people that got banned have a very high CTR

I don't understand how they come up with this figure, I mean they are targeted ads and the people visiting our websites are targeted viewers wanting this information to begin with...

•••
get_paid said:
I don't understand how they come up with this figure, I mean they are targeted ads and the people visiting our websites are targeted viewers wanting this information to begin with...

it doesnt mean that you automatically get banned it just means that they investigate your clicks a little more extensively. 10% is a high click through rate in my experience.

•••
At the same time, their review criteria are incredibly propriatary.
IOW: We don't exactly know what combination of factors lead to a review, although some guesses are:
High CTR
Large fluctuations in traffic
Repetitive IP's
Large amt. of clicks from outside the "western world"
Something about timing, I'm sure... (Amount of time until a click, amount of time spent on the preceding site, etc.)

-Allan :gl:

•••
IAmAllanShore said:
At the same time, their review criteria are incredibly propriatary.

And this is good for the advertiser. If Google posted a big list of exactly what not to do, the scammers could use it to build perfect click fraud programs.

•••
oliciv said:
And this is good for the advertiser. If Google posted a big list of exactly what not to do, the scammers could use it to build perfect click fraud programs.
Yes, and if the government posted a big list of exactly what not to do the criminals would use it to perfect their fraud programmes. So we should keep the laws secret and jail people when they break the laws. The trial will have to be secret as well because the laws will be discussed there. In fact the criminal shouldn't even attend his own trial because he might hear what the laws are and tell others. Then the cat would be out of the bag.

•••
:bingo: That's a great point, prima. I don't see what google is so worked up about. If a new way of cheating gets invented, then just issue new guidelines. Its not a great business environment when everyone needs to tiptoe around google's mystery rules.

•••
Google is a company, not the government. They are not comparable.

Google has posted a list of guidelines, stick to them and you'll be fine - there is no need for them to release information about exactly how they catch you breaking them.

•••
Only their overwhelming market share right now allows them to be unreasonably secretive. When google has enough competitors (i.e., when YPN et al bite into their market share), then they will be forced to be more forthcoming.

•••
armstrong said:
Only their overwhelming market share right now allows them to be unreasonably secretive. When google has enough competitors (i.e., when YPN et al bite into their market share), then they will be forced to be more forthcoming.

They already give you a list of rules, what reason would you have for wanting to know their methods for catching cheaters, other than to cheat?

Using the previous example of the government, they allow you to see the laws, as Google allow you to see the rules, but won't share the exact methods that undercover police are using to catch criminals...

•••
armstrong said:
:bingo: That's a great point, prima. I don't see what google is so worked up about. If a new way of cheating gets invented, then just issue new guidelines. Its not a great business environment when everyone needs to tiptoe around google's mystery rules.
No doubt somewhere down the road there will be an “open source” type search engine where people have input on the algorithms and the algorithms are open for inspection. Perhaps the users will even be given an option to choose which community created algorithms and filters they which to use, combining them to achieve results that best fit their personal search preferences.
oliciv said:
Google is a company, not the government. They are not comparable.
Well if you mean that Google is a well managed profitable business and most governments are the exact opposite then I have to agree.
oliciv said:
Google has posted a list of guidelines, stick to them and you'll be fine - there is no need for them to release information about exactly how they catch you breaking them.
No, you won't be fine. Google closes accounts due to no fault of the account owner. They then refuse to explain why saying it's a secret. This is the complaint, and it's a perfectly valid one. You may not be aware that this happens but it does. That's a fact.

•••
:bingo:

How would you like it if your government gave you a lifetime prison sentence, without showing you proof; without telling you what you did wrong, for that matter? That's what "do no evil" Google is doing. Giving you their list of what not to do (which we already have), and saying "you did one of those things" is nowhere near enough.

•••
hmm i hope i dun get banned..or suspended but i only posted google on my blog n auctions.. n very low revenue so far.. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooong to go till payout..kekkee

•••
Is having a high click conversion a problem? my clicks and page impressions fluctuate greatly everyday.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back