NameSilo

Yet Another Person Banned From the Google AdSense Program

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

I was logging onto my account today and I saw the dread:

"Account Not Active
An AdSense account does not exist for this login, as it is associated with an unapproved application. For more information about your application, please review the message we sent to the email address you provided with your application."

I was really worried and I go to my email account, guess what? "*Google AdSense Account Disabled." I was so unbelievably angry and it gave me some reasons why my account could have been disabled but not of them pertained to me. I've always followed the rules and I've always hated the people that didn't

Before I never thought that Google Adsense banned without a reason and now I know all those people were telling the truth in these threads.

I replied to their email with a detailed response and hopefully I get a detailed explanation on why account was disabled. If they can't give me a good reason, I will be making a website devoted to helping people receive the right information and not signup for Google Adsense.

All I can say is BOYCOTT GOOGLE ADSENSE!

Thank you and I hope everyone can make the right decision now.

P.S. Look at my positive feedback and my reputation here, do you think I would do something stupid like click on my own ads?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wow that sucks. Seems like a lot of people have been getting banned unfairly lately. Hopefully the same won't happen to me but I suspect it will. Its just my luck. And when you make that website about boycotting Adsense, make sure to proudly display yahoo ads!

•••
what site was it on? the proxy site in ur sig? if so google doesnt accept them anymore

•••

I wonder if you'll follow your own advice if they give your account back...

•••
Well for one... the first site in your sig violates Google's TOS (No Google ad may be placed on any non-content-based pages.)... so any click coming from that site is considered invalid...

•••
unholy1 said:
Well for one... the first site in your sig violates Google's TOS (No Google ad may be placed on any non-content-based pages.)... so any click coming from that site is considered invalid...

I actually emailed them about all of my sites, for TextCanada.ca they said I could do it and I don't have to email them everytime about a site. For FreePr0xy.com they said I can display it on the front page but not the proxied pages. For eWinnipeg.com they said I could display them anywhere.

*****I just got an email back from them.

They said it was invalid clicks and I could appeal the decision. There going to need the following from me:

- Your name

- Your company's name (if applicable)

- Your publisher ID number (located in the AdSense code on your website
with the format, pub-################)

- Your website's URL

- Date your account was disabled

- Your website's audience

- The source of your website's content

- Frequency of content updates

- The primary sources of your website's traffic

- The number of people involved with the administration of the site

- Any relevant information that you believe would explain the invalid
click activity we detected

--------------------------------------------

I can answer all of that easily. Hopefully they will change their mind because I did like the program and I know there isn't really one that pays out like them but I don't want to be treated like this again.

Last edited:
•••
Just remember though Invalid clicks does not mean that you clicked on your own Ads...

As for TextCanada.ca, well it's a borderline case, depending who in Google happened to review the site... and if they were to review the site, would they consider that as a Content-based-page with sufficient and relevant content. (What is considered relevant content is pretty much in the eyes of the Google rep reviewing it)
I find it best to always ask them for review of my site and keep the email in which they respond that it is ok.

Anyway good luck with your case.

•••
unholy1 said:
Just remember though Invalid clicks does not mean that you clicked on your own Ads...

As for TextCanada.ca, well it's a borderline case, depending who in Google happened to review the site... and if they were to review the site, would they consider that as a Content-based-page with sufficient and relevant content. (What is considered relevant content is pretty much in the eyes of the Google rep reviewing it)
I find it best to always ask them for review of my site and keep the email in which they respond that it is ok.

Anyway good luck with your case.

Exactly, they should just have a section where they review your site. I know it would take longer but than not as many people would get disabled. Also I know I never did click on my own ads I'm pretty sure it actually happened on here when I got tons of clicks one day.

I guess I have to just wait and see.

Thanks!

•••
Good luck with your appeal, I've heard several cases where their accounts got reinstated after fully explaining to Google (about sudden increase in traffic for example).

Best way to avoid being banned would probably be to email Google ahead of time when you know/expect you're going to get a sudden increase in traffic.

•••
Momo said:
Good luck with your appeal, I've heard several cases where their accounts got reinstated after fully explaining to Google (about sudden increase in traffic for example).

Best way to avoid being banned would probably be to email Google ahead of time when you know/expect you're going to get a sudden increase in traffic.

Thanks and hopefully they understand. I think it was someone on here that click my Google Adsense ad too many times. I don't really get a sudden increase unless I buy a new site. Hopefully it goes through and I get my account reinstated but what if something like this happens again. Do I get to appeal again?

•••
kjmz said:
- Any relevant information that you believe would explain the invalid
click activity we detected
Because they just make of the definition of what's a valid click and what's not as they go along?
kjmz said:
Exactly, they should just have a section where they review your site. I know it would take longer but than not as many people would get disabled.
Not necessarily Other PPC companies do review sites yet ban them later.

The problem is that PPC doesn't work. Google would be broke in less than a year if they paid for every single click, and no that's not counting people who click their own links, pay other people to do it, or use software to do it. The only way their PPC programme can survive is if they axe a certain percentage of publishers who don't fit a specific profile.

•••
primacomputer said:
Because they just make of the definition of what's a valid click and what's not as they go along?

Not necessarily Other PPC companies do review sites yet ban them later.

The problem is that PPC doesn't work. Google would be broke in less than a year if they paid for every single click, and no that's not counting people who click their own links, pay other people to do it, or use software to do it. The only way their PPC programme can survive is if they axe a certain percentage of publishers who don't fit a specific profile.

Then why don't they tell you, you don't fit the specific profile before you sign up? Also they would save a lot of people's time and money if they reviewed sites before they let them signup, that's without a doubt.

•••
I hear you brother. The same thing happened to me a couple of days ago. Google must have employed a few trigger-happy noobs recently.

•••
simonj said:
I hear you brother. The same thing happened to me a couple of days ago. Google must have employed a few trigger-happy noobs recently.

Did you try to appeal?

•••
I replied to the email they sent but have not heard back from them. Is there a special procedure for appealing?

•••
simonj said:
I replied to the email they sent but have not heard back from them. Is there a special procedure for appealing?

They email you back with a the procedure on how to appeal.

•••
kjmz said:
Then why don't they tell you, you don't fit the specific profile before you sign up? Also they would save a lot of people's time and money if they reviewed sites before they let them signup, that's without a doubt.
It's easier for them to do this automatically. Let you put the ads on your site and have software monitor it. If they find something they don't like they disable your account and steal whatever money is in it. They loose nothing :)

•••
kjmz said:
So good for following your own advice.

John

•••
primacomputer said:
The problem is that PPC doesn't work.

Yes it does, you just have to be strict on cheaters to keep the advertisers paying so much per click.

•••
Well i have said this a LOT of times.. Those google things have no idea who are banning.. And for the If they gave me (im talking for myself) my account back if i'd still boycott them, First of all i would tell them to put the account where they should have ages now and i would keep up the boycott. The freaking losers..

Off topic -> PS: Same with the Sedo losers.

•••
kjmz said:
I think it was someone on here that click my Google Adsense ad too many times. I don't really get a sudden increase unless I buy a new site.

Same thing happened to me, see this thread:
http://www.namepros.com/google-adsense/168471-14-clicks-1-penny.html

I haven't been banned by Google for it, knock-on-wood, but that's my concern. All of a sudden I had a bunch of clicks through NamePros...almost like someone is intentionally clicking adds on this site to get it's member in trouble. Maybe this is something you should bring up in your appeal, because it definitely happend to me. If you need my Adsense ID so they can see it happened with another account let me know.

Dan

•••
all are a bit harsh in this thread, but i am making less than $1/day atm. All because g00gle suck at thier ads program.

once i hit $100 and i get payment, bidvertiser are my new PPC program

Robert.

•••
It seems odd that everyone is runnung around afraid of Google. It's almost like the message here is "Get Adsense and make some cash you will never see".

It like we have to put a disclaimer on our site saying "Look, but don't click!"

Seems like the only people that are not getting banned are:

1 - People that don't have adsense
2 - People that haven't been banned YET
3 - People that have important enough sites as to give Google bad press for banning them.

So... maybe an experiement is in order... Mass Clicking Fox News and getting them banned would be a good test bed, don't you think? LOL!!!

Anyway, it just seems odd.

S

PS - Doesn anyone ever click the Google ads here on NP? What about ON GOOGLE? Could we click-ban Google ITSELF? ;)

•••
robertall said:
all are a bit harsh in this thread, but i am making less than $1/day atm. All because g00gle suck at thier ads program.

It's not Google's fault how much you make, they can't force an advertiser to pay more :lol:

To be honest, you're not going to get much of a better PPC earning from any other company...

•••
dan_Vt said:
Same thing happened to me, see this thread:
http://www.namepros.com/google-adsense/168471-14-clicks-1-penny.html

I haven't been banned by Google for it, knock-on-wood, but that's my concern. All of a sudden I had a bunch of clicks through NamePros...almost like someone is intentionally clicking adds on this site to get it's member in trouble. Maybe this is something you should bring up in your appeal, because it definitely happend to me. If you need my Adsense ID so they can see it happened with another account let me know.

Dan

this is why i dont post urls of my sites in my signature on namepros

if you annoy someone its all to easy for them to click your ads repeatedly and get you banned
:td:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back